Zone1 Are Farms Animal Cruelty Zones Or Just Purely Educational?

RR, please answer these questions.

The first one is incorrect because farms only use non-fertile eggs, the second yes because it's better for the calf, and the third one is yes if I was a butcher but I'm not and I admitted on the other thread that I'm actually not sure if I would get emotionally attached to the animals or not. So that's actually a yes if I wasn't emotionally attached to them.

Whoa, hold up there too much at one time buttercup. Let's rewind to the loving animals part. Do I think that pigs and cows are neat to look at and touch? Yes, I do. Do I love them like I would a cat or dog or a pet of mine? No not really because I don't have a personal relationship with them.

Ok, well thank you for your honesty.

But here's the thing. I believe that the reason you don't love pigs and cows in the same way you do a dog or cat of yours is because you've never had the opportunity to do so.

If you actually spent time with those animals that end up on your plate, and if you could see with your own eyes that they are just as precious as your dog or cat, then I think you WOULD love them.

Look at this reel, it's very short.

Oh and the whole dairy farming part is in the protection of the calf but I know that you wouldn't watch my video any more than I want to watch yours, but at least I can debate civilly with you now as nothing is personal anymore. You grew on me. :)

There is no protection of the calf, when the male calf is sold to be veal or shot immediately after birth! Even in the better scenario, if the calf is sold to be beef, he is still without his mother in the very early stage of his life when he needs and is looking for his mother!

These cows cry out for their babies for days or sometimes even weeks... and the baby cow cries out for his mother.

But yes, thank you for being someone who can be civil, that's one of the things I appreciate about you. :)

The first one is incorrect because farms only use non-fertile eggs, the second yes because it's better for the calf, and the third one is yes if I was a butcher but I'm not and I admitted on the other thread that I'm actually not sure if I would get emotionally attached to the animals or not. So that's actually a yes if I wasn't emotionally attached to them.

No, it's not incorrect. Its not talking about the eggs that end up on your plate. It's about the fertilized eggs that contain MALE chicks. Those are considered waste products to the egg industry, and it is standard practice worldwide to kill them en masse. This is not even disputable. It's just that most people don't know about it, because these industries don't talk about it.

And no, it's NOT better for the calf to be taken away from his mother! How can you say something like that with a straight face? It is breaks a natural bond that should be sacred, the bond between the mother and a baby. As Carl said, all of those practices are pure evil.

Ok, well thank you for your honesty.

But here's the thing. I believe that the reason you don't love pigs and cows in the same way you do a dog or cat of yours is because you've never had the opportunity to do so.

If you actually spent time with those animals that end up on your plate, and if you could see with your own eyes that they are just as precious as your dog or cat, then I think you WOULD love them.

Look at this reel, it's very short.

There is no protection of the calf, when the male calf is sold to be veal or shot immediately after birth! Even in the better scenario, if the calf is sold to be beef, he is still without his mother in the very early stage of his life when he needs and is looking for his mother!

These cows cry out for their babies for days or sometimes even weeks... and the baby cow cries out for his mother.

But yes, thank you for being someone who can be civil, that's one of the things I appreciate about you. :)

Eh it's probably just how I grew up. I grew up knowing what exactly that I was eating and nobody ever if you would excuse the term "pitched a fit about it." I'm not saying you are I just didn't know how else to put it. I already said that I don't eat veal though but calves can easily get hurt even accidentally if they stay with their moms, but they are still, for the most part,... Very well taken care of.

No, it's not incorrect. Its not talking about the eggs that end up on your plate. It's about the fertilized eggs that contain MALE chicks.

How do they know that it's male before it's born though?

How do they know that it's male before it's born though?

They don't know beforehand, they sort the chicks in these hatcheries, and they toss the females to one side (to become egg layers) and they toss the male chicks to the other side, to be shredded alive or suffocated.

I've posted this before, but for anyone who still doesn't know about it or doesn't believe what I'm saying, here you go:

Eh it's probably just how I grew up. I grew up knowing what exactly that I was eating and nobody ever if you would excuse the term "pitched a fit about it." I'm not saying you are I just didn't know how else to put it. I already said that I don't eat veal though but calves can easily get hurt even accidentally if they stay with their moms, but they are still, for the most part,... Very well taken care of.

No, I'm sorry but that is absolutely false. The male calves are not treated well at all. Not in factory farms.

I could show you video proof of that, that would make any decent person shocked and horrified.

There's so much to be said here I really don't even know where to begin.

Before I continue, I just want to answer your question from the other thread. This will probably piss off a lot of people, but you asked and I have to answer honestly.

No, I do not believe one can love animals yet exploit and harm them. To do so takes either:

1. sincere ignorance
    or
  2. extreme cognitive dissonance and willful blindness

Now getting to the question of farming....gosh, again, there's so much to talk about it's hard to know where to start.

Let's start with dairy. What dairy boils down to is the following:

1. Forcibly causing a cow to be pregnant so that she will lactate

2. After she gives birth (usually Day One or soon after that) the baby calf is forcibly and permanently taken away from the mother cow, causing deep distress to both the mother and the baby. Why? To steal the milk intended for the baby, to sell it to humans.

3. If the baby cow is a male, he is considered useless to the dairy industry, and either sold to be veal (extremely cruel and evil) or sometimes sold to be beef..... but in many cases in different parts of the world the baby male cow is shot and killed soon after birth.

Please this short video:

4. Year after year the same exploitative cruel cycle continues where the mother cow is forced to be pregnant over and over and over again, has her babies taken away over and over and over again, and is treated like a milk machine, to the point where she becomes so exhausted that she can no longer go on. And at that point, what is their reward for years of "serving" people so humans can make a profit? Once the cow is no longer useful, she is killed to become cheap hamburger meat.

This video below states the information in a sarcastic way, but sometimes bluntness is needed to shake people awake. I've posted this before but I'll post it again, but please take the time to watch it:

Doesn't your username seem a bit ironic considering what you posted?

They don't know beforehand, they sort the chicks in these hatcheries, and they toss the females to one side (to become egg layers) and they toss the male chicks to the other side, to be shredded alive or suffocated.

I've posted this before, but for anyone who still doesn't know about it or doesn't believe what I'm saying, here you go:

View attachment 914881

I stand corrected. I don't think that has anything to do with eating eggs though, that's just cruel. Poor chicks. I don't really eat eggs anyways though. I eat egg salad and use them for recipes but other than that I've never been a big egg eater.

There's so much to be said here I really don't even know where to begin.

Before I continue, I just want to answer your question from the other thread. This will probably piss off a lot of people, but you asked and I have to answer honestly.

No, I do not believe one can love animals yet exploit and harm them. To do so takes either:

1. sincere ignorance
    or
  2. extreme cognitive dissonance and willful blindness

Now getting to the question of farming....gosh, again, there's so much to talk about it's hard to know where to start.

Let's start with dairy. What dairy boils down to is the following:

1. Forcibly causing a cow to be pregnant so that she will lactate

2. After she gives birth (usually Day One or soon after that) the baby calf is forcibly and permanently taken away from the mother cow, causing deep distress to both the mother and the baby. Why? To steal the milk intended for the baby, to sell it to humans.

3. If the baby cow is a male, he is considered useless to the dairy industry, and either sold to be veal (extremely cruel and evil) or sometimes sold to be beef..... but in many cases in different parts of the world the baby male cow is shot and killed soon after birth.

Please this short video:

4. Year after year the same exploitative cruel cycle continues where the mother cow is forced to be pregnant over and over and over again, has her babies taken away over and over and over again, and is treated like a milk machine, to the point where she becomes so exhausted that she can no longer go on. And at that point, what is their reward for years of "serving" people so humans can make a profit? Once the cow is no longer useful, she is killed to become cheap hamburger meat.

This video below states the information in a sarcastic way, but sometimes bluntness is needed to shake people awake. I've posted this before but I'll post it again, but please take the time to watch it:

WTF?

8inytv.jpg

Jeez.....Someone has lead a very sheltered life....Or it's just willful ignorance.

Since this came up in another thread I wanted to address it. Now my position on zoos is pretty clearcut. As long as the animals are in enclosers that have the animals enough room to run around then I don't have any problem with them so it's fairly simple to understand. However, when it comes to the farm as I'm going there next month it seems to be that I'm hypocritical if I don't like looking and touching and petting the animals when they're alive but I also love my ham, pork, bacon, chicken, beef, and cheeseburgers. (Plus I love milk and dairy products)

I've said this time and time again but it's probably because I'm not a farmer myself. If I was I'll be the first one to admit that I probably would form an emotional attachment to the animals. However, I'm not a farmer and the animals there are just neat to see but it doesn't bother me that I'm eating one of their species because I don't have any special relationship to them.

Plus I don't eat as many fruits and vegetables as I should so it's mostly what I eat to stay alive. Anyways, that all being said I'm really excited about going to the farm and seeing the animals and seeing all their crops etc. (It's been many years since I've been there so I forget what all they have there but obviously it's one that allows visitors.) and I was debating about whether or not I should post pictures because of the uproar it might cause, but I don't see why not. I'm going in April because that's baby season. 🥰 (Oh and I draw the line at eating babies as I don't want to touch lamb or veal or anything.)
I grew up around farmers and farms at least until I was a junior in high school. And as a young adult I again lived among the farmers and farms. Hombre (my husband) moonlighted drilling wheat etc. for farmer friends and I spent many hours on the farm helping with chores, plucking chickens, and enjoying the opportunity to horseback ride which was one of my most favorite activities back then. I observed absolutely no mistreatment of any animal in all that time. The necessary slaughter of food animals was done humanely and with no more than a second or two trauma to the animals.

I think most farmers probably don't form an emotional attachment to the work or food animals on the farm. There are no doubt some exceptions. But I had one rancher friend who maintained a large herd of mother cows and made his income raising and selling the calves. He told me one time he never butchered his own beef though but bought it elsewhere. He said he couldn't watch those calves being born and playing around their mothers and growing up and then eat one of them. He never branded his cattle either as he thought it caused them unnecessary pain.

WTF?

8inytv.jpg

Jeez.....Someone has lead a very sheltered life....Or it's just willful ignorance.

You're denying that's what happens? Where do you think milk comes from, magically out of thin air? It comes from a mother cow who had her baby taken away so you could drink the milk meant for the baby! This is an indisputable fact, so unless you're talking about something else, you are the one being ignorant and willfully blind.

If that isn't what you were talking about, then make yourself clear. Because what I said is Dairy, in a nutshell.

You're denying that's what happens? Where do you think milk comes from, magically out of thin air? It comes from a mother cow who had her baby taken away so you could drink the milk meant for the baby! This is an indisputable fact, so unless you're talking about something else, you are the one being ignorant and willfully blind.

If that isn't what you were talking about, then make yourself clear. Because what I said is Dairy, in a nutshell.

I might be a milk drinker but I can't dispute you here. Even I was confused as that's what happens.

I might be a milk drinker but I can't dispute you here. Even I was confused as that's what happens.

Thank you once again for at least being honest.

And I don't want to belabor the point, but I feel very strongly about this and I'm just going to share this quote that I think very eloquently sums up why dairy should be ditched. Actually this is just one reason, there are many many more that I haven't even brought up yet.

Hey, JohnDB's online. How long until he finds this thread and that he posts that he's a proud member of PETA?

People
Eat
Tasty
Animals

Any bets? 😆

Fact is I don't give a shit. I am under no delusions about how things work. I've been around it all my life.

LOL....You would have a conniption fit if you ever showed up on hog butchering day.

Fact is all animals are here to serve man, be they the farm animals of today or whatever man decides to raise and harvest tomorrow for human consumption.

End of story.

Thank you once again for at least being honest.

And I don't want to belabor the point, but I feel very strongly about this and I'm just going to share this quote that I think very eloquently sums up why dairy should be ditched. Actually this is just one reason, there are many many more that I haven't even brought up yet.

Well, I guess if I had any personal experience with that myself then I might possibly feel differently too.

Forum List

Back