CDZ Cop shootings....It may be a race problem, but it is a cop problem and we need to resolve it

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
I am supportive of the Black Lives Matter movement, but I have also maintained that while the issue of police using undue force seems more dire to, for and with blacks, a material part of the problem is the type of people who are sworn onto police forces.

As a nation, we need to raise bar for what kinds of characters would be police officers need to have. Additionally, I think that in addition to law enforcement training, cops need to have psychology/sociology training so that they are better able to make equitable, accurate and well informed decisions about the people whom they encounter.

I think too cops need to be trained on how to control/ignore their understandably negative bias toward potential offenders. I think that because it's all but certain that cops, given the nature of their job, are inclined to think "the worst" more so than giving folks the benefit of the doubt. Cops are, however, hired to enforce laws, not pass judgement on folks suspected of breaking them, which is the role of judges and juries. Cops need to learn how to maintain objectively and neutrality in carrying out their duties and in interacting with citizens.

Last edited:
It isn't a cop problem. It isn't a problem at all. It's a political football exaggerated by the Race Grievance Industry, and the left wing MSM.

WTF?

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-29_13-15-28.png
    upload_2016-9-29_13-15-28.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 168
It's a cop/government program.

Our corrupt feds are pumping money and resources into local law enforcement and thereby establishing law enforcement jurisdiction in our rural communities.

They provide firepower and training to Podunk law enforcement, and then whenever anybody dares to protest federal encroachment, the feds come in and point all the firepower they have parked in our counties at us.

Dumbfucks. Everybody is so eager to take "free" stuff they don't think about the consequences.

Not only that, they point that firepower right at you if you protest..and then child welfare waltzes in and takes your children because by nature of your protests against the feds, you are "endangering" your children, since the feds just might *accidentally* kill them when they're gunning for you.

Enjoy, entitlement retards.

It isn't a cop problem. It isn't a problem at all. It's a political football exaggerated by the Race Grievance Industry, and the left wing MSM.

WTF?

The Race Grievance Industry. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et.al, who make their living off of the division between the races. There are others, those who make their living off of the division between Hispanics and whites, Native Americans and everyone else, etc., etc. the last thing these people want is for the races to get along. It would mean the end of the gravy train for those people.

See? Black lives don't matter.

Your statement is based on nothing.

BLM is irrelevant to my post. Sure, almost everything that BLM is protesting is a lie, but just because I correctly point out that it isn't a cop problem, doesn't fit logically with whether or not black lives actually matter.

Man! The CDZ takes work to stay in bounds.

I am supportive of the Black Lives Matter movement, but I have also maintained that while the issue of police using undue force seems more dire to, for and with blacks, a material part of the problem is the type of people who are sworn onto police forces.

As a nation, we need to raise bar for what kinds of characters would be police officers need to have. Additionally, I think that in addition to law enforcement training, cops need to have psychology/sociology training so that they are better able to make equitable, accurate and well informed decisions about the people whom they encounter.

I think too cops need to be trained on how to control/ignore their understandably negative bias toward potential offenders. I think that because it's all but certain that cops, given the nature of their job, are inclined to think "the worst" more so than giving folks the benefit of the doubt. Cops are, however, hired to enforce laws, not pass judgement on folks suspected of breaking them, which is the role of judges and juries. Cops need to learn how to maintain objectively and neutrality in carrying out their duties and in interacting with citizens.
You lost any chance of being taken seriously; when you said you were supportive of the BLM movement. The whole thing is based on a lie. And you support it. That's all anyone really needs to know.

Well over 99% of cops do just fine. Many, many more people probably die due to medical errors with doctor and hospital visits than with confrontations with police in which the police are in the wrong. That being said, training can always be improved, but no amount of training will ever eliminate human error.

What we need to do is to train the population not to be hostile to cops and to comply to their legal orders. Lawyer up after the fact if a cop oversteps his authority.

You lost any chance of being taken seriously; when you [320 Years of History] said you were supportive of the BLM movement. The whole thing is based on a lie.
Absolutely. Everyone knows black lives don't matter. After all, one has only to look at the opposition to the idea black lives do matter to see that is the case.

Last edited:
Lots of hate here. Makes me worry.

I am split on the issue. Personally I think my racist coworkers are a bigger problem to my black neighbors than the police are. If BLM ever wants a list of things and places to protest they should call me. I'd also have BLM do sell publicized public service protests to get some good press.

Now I am for paying police more.

It will get you more and better qualified applicants.

The railroads (and high end private security) won't be able to steal away the best

You can fire and replace more effectively

Police have attitudes. People who apply for that job probably will forever. Given what they deal with.....well I couldn't be a cop.

They are also human and every night the worst cop or any cop on the Randomville Police Department may have to make a snap decision. Sometimes they mess up.

If it is Rodney King bad fry them. If it is the wrong snap decision, I dunno. Sometimes at my work I mess up repeatable acts I am well trained for which don't involve life or death reaction times. Not often, but it happens.

Lets pay cops more, put body cameras on every one and go get the racists.

So you want to go after people with different beliefs than you. Way to destroy your credibility.

but just because I correctly point out that it isn't a cop problem,
You also pointed out it isn't a problem at all, which aligns with my point that black lives don't matter.
Black lives matter less to blacks than they do anyone else. If they really want anyone to buy what thier selling they need to clean thier own house before they even consider anyone else's. It's past time for the negroes to put up, or shut up. Across the board, no one cares more about a group than the members of that group themselves. So don't expect every one else to be overly concerned when the majority of negroes themselves couldn't possibly care less. That's just the way the world works, no matter who you are.

but just because I correctly point out that it isn't a cop problem,
You also pointed out it isn't a problem at all, which aligns with my point that black lives don't matter.

No, your logic is faulty. The two are not connected even a little bit. All lives, including black lives and cop lives matter, but there still isn't enough of a problem to change the whole system. The BLM movement is based on lies.

So don't expect every one else to be overly concerned when the majority of negroes themselves couldn't possibly care less.
So you agree with me that black lives don't matter. It's obvious to everyone really.

Forum List

Back