CNN's Dana Bash grills Arkansas Gov Asa Hutchinson on abortion for 8 full minutes, says exceptions for rape, incest,life of mother should be included

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Hutchinson said exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother “could be revisited” in the state’s abortion ban, which would take effect if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

Hutchinson signed a bill in February 2019 that called for banning abortion in the state if the Supreme Court overturns the 1973 decision in Roe, which protects access to the medical procedure on the federal level. The measure in Arkansas, however, does not allow exceptions for cases of rape and incest, or if the life of the mother is in danger.

Hutchinson has said he wanted those exceptions to be included in the law, and on Sunday he noted that they could be revisited.

“While it’s still life in the womb, life of the unborn, it was, the conception was under criminal circumstances, either incest or rape, and so those are two exceptions I recognize, I believe are very appropriate, and what will happen as time goes on if Roe versus Wade is reversed, these are gonna become very real circumstances I think the debate and discussion will be, will continue and that very well could be revisited,” he told co-anchor Dana Bash on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Hutchinson on Sunday confirmed that Arkansas’s abortion ban would take effect if Roe v. Wade is reversed.

Abortion ban trigger laws throughout the country have come under increased scrutiny in recent weeks after a leaked draft opinion showed the Supreme Court poised to overturn Roe v. Wade.

If the reason why abortion is "restricted" is because there is the thought that the embryo/fetus is "potentially" a person, then the circumstances surrounding its conception are irrelevant. We don't slay kindergarteners who were conceived this way, do we?

Incest is a bullshit exception. If the child was conceived by two consenting adults, related or not, it is just like every other child in the womb. If it was aggravated or statutory rape, it goes into the "rape" column. Either way, there is no need for an exception for incest.

Question for Lefties: If there is nothing "wrong" with abortion, why were you preaching for the past thirty years that abortion should be "Legal, Safe, and RARE"? If there is nothing wrong with it, why should it be rare? Doesn't this slogan imply that there is a reason why it is at the very least odious?

During the debate surrounding RvW, the question of a birth that would threaten the life of the mother was addressed. The Leftists on the court changed that to the "health" of the Mother, which is bullshit, and could even cover an attack of anxiety. An exception for the life of the Mother is cool. Only strict Catholics would object to that.

Life of the mother exceptions should always be allowed.
Rape & incest makes the baby pay for the sins of a parent
I agree

The mother has an equal right to life as the child

The trouble is libs who will try to cheat on the exceptions

And they will if given the chance

Rape and incest exceptions for abortion bans are a tough issue for most people. It doesn't help for anyone to pretend that they know the one and only answer and that anyone who disagrees is stupid and/or evil.

Many pro-lifers who have no problem banning abortions for a couple who conceive a baby out of negligence would balk at the idea of forcing a rape victim or incest victim to carry the baby to term.

On the other hand, we know that an abortion of a pregnancy that happened through rape or incest still kills a baby with its own DNA and a beating heart and brain waves. We also know that the leading motive for abortion is partner issues, i.e., the father demanding that the baby be aborted. We don't see such abortions as in any way "empowering" for women.

The solution is the USSC's compromise in over-turning Roe v. Wade. This compromise decision allows states to debate and discuss exactly how abortion should be regulated according to the will of its people.

I love the idea of people voting with their feet to live in states that agree with their positions on abortions. My state of Texas has had an influx of people from California fleeing that state's economic disaster. They are welcome here, as Texan has a proud history of immigration. But I also look forward to those who see abortion as a key issue, simply moving back.

If the child is conceived through rape or incest a DNA sample is taken from the child. Mother is required to name the rapist or family member. The father, having set in motion the circumstances resulting in death is tried for rape and murder.

I agree

The mother has an equal right to life as the child

The trouble is libs who will try to cheat on the exceptions

And they will if given the chance
How many women die in child birth each year?

Forum List

Back