Democrats mislabel Graham’s proposal as abortion ban, allows exceptions for rape, incest, mother's life after 15 weeks

The coming election will be an indication of what happens when politicians don't consider women in their decisions about abortion.
Please provide a list of names of women who are anticipating having unprotected sex and are preemptively planning to schedule an abortion as a birth control measure if they become pregnant. Surely you have at least a few women in mind that you know either personally or by association with your statement: “when politicians don't consider women in their decisions about abortion”. So the question begs to be asked, who are these women that will vote for planning to use abortion as a birth control solution? As if there isn’t another option after unprotected sex happens?

Graham thinks taking away a woman's right to choose in all 50 States is best. But that means in Red States also. Hasn't the GOP pissed off enough middle class women voters already? No wonder McConnell rolled his eyes.

It's not taking it away, it's limiting it to 15 weeks.

What? Democrats lie?

"Democrats have reiterated that they’re not willing to negotiate their stance on abortion. On Wednesday, Democrat lawmakers came after Senator Lindsey Graham’s (R-S.C.) proposed federal abortion law.

The proposed Bill is an attempt to bridge a political divide on the subject by allowing abortions up to 15-weeks past the point of conception nationwide. The Bill allows exceptions to the time limit for cases of rape, incest and pregnancies that put the mother’s life in jeopardy.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) accused Graham of trying to outlaw the procedure while she was speaking out against the idea of each state deciding their own policy on the matter."
Graham is the world's biggest idiot for bringing up such a divisive issue right before an election. There's no reason for the federal government to even get involved in it.

It's not taking it away, it's limiting it to 15 weeks.
And that is a drastic difference from states that do not have restrictions on abortions.

It also signals that Republicans are wanting to end abortion nationwide.

Nothing stops the next GOP bill from dropping that 15 to six...like in Texas...and eventually eliminating it all together

And that is a drastic difference from states that do not have restrictions on abortions.

Nothing stops the next GOP bill from dropping that 15 to six...like in Texas...and eventually eliminating it all together

Most Americans support this compared to the other extremes, i.e. full bans, or no limits.

Maybe. Time will tell. But the House and Senate are both putting suggested legislation out there.
They are. Whether they should is another story. And if they cobble something together that our demented President is told to sigh, which he would, that act could very quickly get tested. Ultimately, I believe the SCOTUS would shoot it down with some polite way of saying, “not a proper subject of federal legislation.”

They are. Whether they should is another story. And if they cobble something together that our demented President is told to sigh, which he would, that act could very quickly get tested. Ultimately, I believe the SCOTUS would shoot it down with some polite way of saying, “not a proper subject of federal legislation.”

One would hope. That would show a trend towards getting out of issues that only impact people in one State when they are in that State.

One would hope. That would show a trend towards getting out of issues that only impact people in one State when they are in that State.
I imagine a day where the SCOTUS once again takes its orders from the commands of our Constitution. And yes, that could have a dynamic effect on all kinds of future legislation and their various subject matters.

Make no mistake. When they claim that this would in some way protect abortion remember that they also claimed for decades that they would never overturn Roe

Make no mistake. When they claim that this would in some way protect abortion remember that they also claimed for decades that they would never overturn Roe

Well now you know how RKBA supporters feel when progs like you push for "reasonable" gun control laws......

I believe the term is you are "hoisted on your own petard"

Well now you know how RKBA supporters feel when progs like you push for "reasonable" gun control laws......

I believe the term is you are "hoisted on your own petard"
Roe actually happened. Your fantasies have not

Exactly.

But timing is everything, and Graham doing this now stinks to high heaven.
I don't know. I don't see it that way. Again, maybe I'm missing something but you know.. there's this:

Trump won even after getting up in front of the whole world (@ a debate) and saying

"I am pro life"

He won after doing that. Then he won BIGGER in 2020 but that election was crooked/rigged

In any case, if not for Trump there would still be the nefarious Roe

so yeh... there are more pro life Americans than not

Forum List

Back