House GOPer Nancy Mace supports abortion exceptions for rape, citing personal experience: good for her...though Trump has endorsed primary challenger

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Nancy Mace said she supports exceptions for abortions in the case of rape, incest and life of the mother, citing her personal experience with rape when she was a young girl.

Asked if she thinks exceptions to abortion for victims of rape and incest should be codified by federal law, Mace told Face the Nation “absolutely.”

Mace said she is rape victim and cited the motional, mental and physical trauma she experienced as a result.

“I am pro-life, but I do support exceptions for rape. I’m a rape victim myself. And when you realize what’s happened in your life, the trauma, the emotional, the mental, the physical trauma in a woman’s life, that decision – she should make that decision with her doctor and between her and her God,” Mace said.

“And I’ve worked to support those exceptions in my life, not only as a state lawmaker, but now as a member of Congress,” she added.

Pressed on if she would support federal legislation in Congress to enshrine abortion exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother, Mace quickly said “yeah” before emphasizing that rolling back Roe would toss the decision to each individual state.

“Well, yeah. And I think that – I think one of the things that’s missing and I’m glad that you’re bringing this up in all the conversation, the media coverage about Roe being overturned, is that what this does- It’s not an all-out federal ban on abortion, but it puts it back into state legislatures and into Congress,” Mace said.

I can see where this is a sticky situation for some but ask yourself if you support punishing a child for the sins of the father? This baby did nothing wrong but forfeits their life nevertheless.
No charges, no trial- Guilty & sentenced to death for a parent's crime

I can see where this is a sticky situation for some but ask yourself if you support punishing a child for the sins of the father? This baby did nothing wrong but forfeits their life nevertheless.
No charges, no trial- Guilty & sentenced to death for a parent's crime
Carrying the baby for nine months is a daily reminder of a traumatic event that she would desperately wish to forget. If a state refused to allow a raped woman to have an abortion, the woman should be allowed to sue the state for cruel and unusual punishment.

Nancy Mace said she supports exceptions for abortions in the case of rape, incest and life of the mother, citing her personal experience with rape when she was a young girl.

Asked if she thinks exceptions to abortion for victims of rape and incest should be codified by federal law, Mace told Face the Nation “absolutely.”

Mace said she is rape victim and cited the motional, mental and physical trauma she experienced as a result.

“I am pro-life, but I do support exceptions for rape. I’m a rape victim myself. And when you realize what’s happened in your life, the trauma, the emotional, the mental, the physical trauma in a woman’s life, that decision – she should make that decision with her doctor and between her and her God,” Mace said.

“And I’ve worked to support those exceptions in my life, not only as a state lawmaker, but now as a member of Congress,” she added.

Pressed on if she would support federal legislation in Congress to enshrine abortion exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother, Mace quickly said “yeah” before emphasizing that rolling back Roe would toss the decision to each individual state.

“Well, yeah. And I think that – I think one of the things that’s missing and I’m glad that you’re bringing this up in all the conversation, the media coverage about Roe being overturned, is that what this does- It’s not an all-out federal ban on abortion, but it puts it back into state legislatures and into Congress,” Mace said.

what does trump have to do with any of this?

Ok, that's fine. Everyone can have their own opinion and the political process will work out a compromise. That was the meaning of the recent ruling.

In this case, if that GOP representative has a primary challenger backed by Trump, the odds are very low that she will matter after November.

Forum List

Back