Church Attendance Declining

Well one thing that angered me was a million dollars to move where the choir was they moved it it did not like it and spent another million. Also did not care for some of their investments like in chakita banana.

Wow. There are so many things that kind of money could have been used for in order to actually help people in need.
My feeling exactly. It upset me.At my age I know the Bible backward and forward. I quite frankly no longer have the time or energy for sin. I figure my nightly prayers and living a clean life are more than enough to do my part. I work with a bunch of yougins and just try to lead by example. I run my own six pack boats but run several head boars per year. Mainly when they have church groups or cub scout charters. I have always been good with the young and the religious. I enjoy running the big boats every once in a while plus the owners of that company are like family to me I like a continued business relationship with them.

Well one thing that angered me was a million dollars to move where the choir was they moved it it did not like it and spent another million. Also did not care for some of their investments like in chakita banana.

Wow. There are so many things that kind of money could have been used for in order to actually help people in need.
My feeling exactly. It upset me.At my age I know the Bible backward and forward. I quite frankly no longer have the time or energy for sin. I figure my nightly prayers and living a clean life are more than enough to do my part. I work with a bunch of yougins and just try to lead by example. I run my own six pack boats but run several head boars per year. Mainly when they have church groups or cub scout charters. I have always been good with the young and the religious. I enjoy running the big boats every once in a while plus the owners of that company are like family to me I like a continued business relationship with them.
REMEMBER, it is not your works that save you but the atonement Jesus paid for sin and acknowledging it by faith.

Now I am starting to feel bad for not giving everything away.
No one said you gotta give everything away just share when you can and lead by example. Time and mentoring is more important to share than money. I try and let everyone I meet know I care. That can be an even more powerful force than money. There are alot of lonely people out knowing some one cares can change their life.

Now I am starting to feel bad for not giving everything away.
No one said you gotta give everything away just share when you can and lead by example. Time and mentoring is more important to share than money. I try and let everyone I meet know I care. That can be an even more powerful force than money. There are alot of lonely people out knowing some one cares can change their life.
I know.

“U.S. church membership has fallen below 50% for the first time, according to a Gallup poll published Monday, continuing a decades-long decline in membership driven by growing numbers of Americans who express no religious affiliation.”

People who attend church has steadily declined as the number of non-religious has continued to grow.

Christians can’t be happy with this. Our country is rapidly becoming more secular.

What do Christians think about this? Why is your religion dwindling away?
Sheep are being separated from the lambs. And the world is spiraling downward as Satan takes over.

“U.S. church membership has fallen below 50% for the first time, according to a Gallup poll published Monday, continuing a decades-long decline in membership driven by growing numbers of Americans who express no religious affiliation.”

People who attend church has steadily declined as the number of non-religious has continued to grow.

Christians can’t be happy with this. Our country is rapidly becoming more secular.

If you read the book "Bowling Alone", the trend towards declining membership in all organizations has been going on since the mid-70's.

I don't have answers to your two questions, but I do have opinions.

What I have seen is that if people represent Christ and theology well through example.....things go well.

If our society followed the teachings of the Sermon on the Mount, how much better things would be.

It's pretty hard to attend church with all the churches closed.
First of all, this is a lie, because you can attend church virtually via platforms like Zoom and/or YouTube.

Secondly, the church decline was well before churches were closed due to Covid-19 concerns.

BTW, are you a regular attendee of church, if not now, when were you ever?

First of all, this is a lie, because you can attend church virtually via platforms like Zoom and/or YouTube.

Secondly, the church decline was well before churches were closed due to Covid-19 concerns.

That's like saying, "You were allowed to go on vacation cuz you can go their on Google Earth"

Yay! Look at all the freedoms we still have!

LOL.

Result:
Mass murdering was virtually unknown and unthinkable prior to 1964. Today it’s a weekly occurrence.

Result:
Mass murdering was virtually unknown and unthinkable prior to 1964. Today it’s a weekly occurrence.
Let's go back to middle school science. To propose a result, we must control all variables accept one.

We don't start with the result: Upswing in Mass Murder
Then point to a single variable: Church Attendance Drops
and jump to a conclusion when no other variables were considered or controlled. For example, since 1964:

Great increase in Welfare resulting in:
  • Bigger Government
  • Single Parent Families
Government also relaxed laws on
  • Divorce
  • Abortion
  • Increasing Taxes
Greater Inventions, especially appliances resulting in:
  • Household chores being done more easily, more quickly, more efficiently
  • Foods, fresh, frozen, pre-cooked also readily available making for fewer household chores
  • Manufactured clothing making clothes less expensive to buy ready made, so less sewing at home.
  • Women with a lot of time on their hands and women have never been content to sit around doing nothing
Women returning to the workplace
Children go to childcare facilities while mothers go to work

More government to facilitate childcare, child protection, etc.

Today's children are growing up with parents, government, and society favoring divorce, abortion, outsourcing childcare, big government, and people also yelling about loosening consequences for criminal offenses. There are no boundaries or rules for those coming into the country. As a whole, society does not care about marriage, children, breaking the law, and are out to break as many traditional rules a healthy society has lived by in past generations.

The problem is not lower Church attendance. When society collapses this remaining fragment will be the ones (as they have always been) to pick up the pieces and begin again. Let them be. We need them to be as strong and as untouched by current society as possible.

Result:
Let's go back to middle school science. To propose a result, we must control all variables accept one.

We don't start with the result: Upswing in Mass Murder
Then point to a single variable: Church Attendance Drops
and jump to a conclusion when no other variables were considered or controlled. For example, since 1964:

Great increase in Welfare resulting in:
  • Bigger Government
  • Single Parent Families
Government also relaxed laws on
  • Divorce
  • Abortion
  • Increasing Taxes
Greater Inventions, especially appliances resulting in:
  • Household chores being done more easily, more quickly, more efficiently
  • Foods, fresh, frozen, pre-cooked also readily available making for fewer household chores
  • Manufactured clothing making clothes less expensive to buy ready made, so less sewing at home.
  • Women with a lot of time on their hands and women have never been content to sit around doing nothing
Women returning to the workplace
Children go to childcare facilities while mothers go to work

More government to facilitate childcare, child protection, etc.

Today's children are growing up with parents, government, and society favoring divorce, abortion, outsourcing childcare, big government, and people also yelling about loosening consequences for criminal offenses. There are no boundaries or rules for those coming into the country. As a whole, society does not care about marriage, children, breaking the law, and are out to break as many traditional rules a healthy society has lived by in past generations.

The problem is not lower Church attendance. When society collapses this remaining fragment will be the ones (as they have always been) to pick up the pieces and begin again. Let them be. We need them to be as strong and as untouched by current society as possible.
Divorce, abortion, government increasing control etc are byproducts, not catalysts. They will have zero impact on those of faith. But for those who think they’re a byproduct of an accidental explosion of the universe, it allows them more flexibility to pursue their evil desires. Mass murder is one of those evil desires.

There is so much faith, but at some point there is “superstition” (the Latin term for what is known as «övertro» in the Swedish language.)

It's good for people of faith to be able to attend religious services when possible, but nowadays it's a gamble on attending a mass shooting event on Sunday.

Prayer and fasting do work miracles, for sure, but when innocent people's gun rights are revoked on unspecified “concerns” of mental health or danger or threat to self or others, then there is no longer any religion to the services offered in violation of the Eighth Commandment, “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.”

All true. Mega churches are a real turn off and so is Hal Lindsey's fundamentalism.

Divorce, abortion, government increasing control etc are byproducts, not catalysts.
Except...you know it is professed Christians who are in favor of divorce, abortion, big government.
There’s a lot of people who claim to be Christian. During 2020 I witnessed a number of those I know expose themselves as the ones Jesus was looking at when he said that many I never knew you.

Forum List

Back