Zone1 Christian or allegedly Christian religions that disbelieve in eternal punishment (Hell)

I understand that. I felt that way until I had an encounter with the presence of God. That's when I knew.
Yes, that old Presence... Even the anti-Christians have felt it but they apparently don't want to attribute it to a God who actually will hold them accountable for their wrong doings...

Yes, that old Presence... Even the anti-Christians have felt it but they apparently don't want to attribute it to a God who actually will hold them accountable for their wrong doings...
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. That's Scripture.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. That's Scripture.
The Word says Confess your sins to one another. But the anti-Catholics seem to want to throw that Scripture out when it comes to Catholics confessing to a priest.

I would never recommend anyone confess their sins to a novus ordo (new order) "priest" (I speak of priests in the "Francis sect"). I have heard that they are not validly ordained (which totally makes sense..), something that would have shocked me if I'd heard it years ago but I've been studying modern Church history. The Vatican was taken over in the 1960s (Vatican II), so there are very few REAL clergy anymore and the real ones are not at all in the Vatican and do not associate with it at all.. Those are the kind we can safely confess to

Pass it on (to any Catholics you may know)

It's an extremely important matter. Even Christians outside the CC know that there is something terribly wrong going on there... manifested most clearly in the fake pope Francis and his un=Christian utterings/writings

The Word says Confess your sins to one another. But the anti-Catholics seem to want to throw that Scripture out when it comes to Catholics confessing to a priest.

I would never recommend anyone confess their sins to a novus ordo (new order) "priest" (I speak of priests in the "Francis sect"). I have heard that they are not validly ordained (which totally makes sense..), something that would have shocked me if I'd heard it years ago but I've been studying modern Church history. The Vatican was taken over in the 1960s (Vatican II), so there are very few REAL clergy anymore and the real ones are not at all in the Vatican and do not associate with it at all.. Those are the kind we can safely confess to

Pass it on (to any Catholics you may know)

It's an extremely important matter. Even Christians outside the CC know that there is something terribly wrong going on there... manifested most clearly in the fake pope Francis and his un=Christian utterings/writings
The Word says that Jesus is my mediator. A priest can't forgive me, and only the blood of Jesus can cleanse me. You can't use one Scripture to cancel another Scripture. Either they're all God's Word or they're not.

The Word says that Jesus is my mediator. A priest can't forgive me, and only the blood of Jesus can cleanse me. You can't use one Scripture to cancel another Scripture. Either they're all God's Word or they're not.
I knew you would misunderstand the Catholic teaching on confession. Non-Catholics always do.

When Catholics go to confession, it is NOT the priest forgiving or absolving, it is Jesus working through the priest. that is the way it is with ALL the Sacraments, not just confession.

And again, if we are to confess our sins to one another... which would tend to indicate we should be confessing even to NON-priests, then what the heck is wrong w/ confessing to a priest who is trained in spiritual and philosophical (and other) matters?

It makes no sense and you cannot make that kind of bigoted, unthinking belief non-Catholics have MAKE any sense.

I knew you would misunderstand the Catholic teaching on confession. Non-Catholics always do.

When Catholics go to confession, it is NOT the priest forgiving or absolving, it is Jesus working through the priest. that is the way it is with ALL the Sacraments, not just confession.

And again, if we are to confess our sins to one another... which would tend to indicate we should be confessing even to NON-priests, then what the heck is wrong w/ confessing to a priest who is trained in spiritual and philosophical (and other) matters?

It makes no sense and you cannot make that kind of bigoted, unthinking belief non-Catholics have MAKE any sense.
Can I be forgiven of sin by asking only Jesus to forgive me?

Can I be forgiven of sin by asking only Jesus to forgive me?
well, you're better off doing that than going to a novus ordo (new order) "priest" (Francis sect.. fake pope/clergy)

I have reason to believe information I've received recently that most of them are not or likely are not actually ordained. Vatican II virtually wiped out the Faith. Fortunately, there was Bishop Lefebvre and Co. (there are many other names to add... ) who carried on the TRUE Catholic Faith.. guided by Jesus Himself, the Ultimate Head of the Church (but some day we may get an earthly one as well... like in the good old days)

well, you're better off doing that than going to a novus ordo (new order) "priest" (Francis sect.. fake pope/clergy)

I have reason to believe information I've received recently that most of them are not or likely are not actually ordained. Vatican II virtually wiped out the Faith. Fortunately, there was Bishop Lefebvre and Co. (there are many other names to add... ) who carried on the TRUE Catholic Faith.. guided by Jesus Himself, the Ultimate Head of the Church (but some day we may get an earthly one as well... like in the good old days)
All I need is Jesus.

All I need is Jesus.
the implication, that the Church does not give one Jesus is totally unwarranted.

of course only Catholics know that... and protestants refuse to consider it.. their loss

Saints have said "The Church IS Jesus"

Wow, you make God sound like a Batman villain or an evil genie. Give someone an impossible choice, and then stick it to them when they make the wrong one.
wow.. talk about off topic.. You just made up some straw man thing you allege I said and started pounding on the damn thing.

weird... Off your meds?

the implication, that the Church does not give one Jesus is totally unwarranted.

of course only Catholics know that... and protestants refuse to consider it.. their loss

Saints have said "The Church IS Jesus"
No, the Church isn't Jesus. All I need is faith in Jesus and the Word. I have the Holy Spirit. I'm totally fine, thank you.

No, the Church isn't Jesus. All I need is faith in Jesus and the Word. I have the Holy Spirit. I'm totally fine, thank you.
OK, Pope BSF

Now, please excommunicate the fake pope for us.... and please take care of the billions of Christians around the world... and please baptize them all with your own hands... unless you say Baptism is not required? In which case, Your Holiness, please refer to the psg in the Gospel of John (Chapter 3, I believe) that says "Baptism now saveth you"

OK, Pope BSF

Now, please excommunicate the fake pope for us.... and please take care of the billions of Christians around the world... and please baptize them all with your own hands... unless you say Baptism is not required? In which case, Your Holiness, please refer to the psg in the Gospel of John (Chapter 3, I believe) that says "Baptism now saveth you"
Your sarcasm is standard arrogance when people are indoctrinated without understanding. Which verse are you referring to, Mr. Bible teacher. Chapter and verse please.

Your sarcasm is standard arrogance when people are indoctrinated without understanding. Which verse are you referring to, Mr. Bible teacher. Chapter and verse please.
You Bible only folks do NOT go by the Bible alone... To list all the examples of how you defy your own doctrines, I'd have to be here all day..

But here's one example: Luther taught that you could commit adultery 20 times a day and still get into Heaven... the old OnceSavedAlwaysSaved thing... But that is nowhere in Scripture and you can't find anything tht remotely says anything like it. Protestants go by that OnceSaved thing (yes, I know.. not all of them).. In any case, Jesus said Go and sin no more. End of Sentence.

So don't go all sanctimonious on us with that BS (how ironic...) about going by the Bible... while us schmucky Catholics are just always, always ignoring Scripture, as the endless accusation goes...

And you need to answer this Q: Who is going to baptize people if all you need is Jesus? The little people are going to baptize each other? Who is going to marry people except a minister... Jesus chose HUMANS to do His work on Earth... humans like the first pope, Peter and the other 11 and all their successors, the popes who came after Peter and their clergy. Or maybe Jesus can just pour the baptismal waters over people by Himself... straight from Heaven... no humans involved? We'd all love to see that, wouldn't we?

You Bible only folks do NOT go by the Bible alone... To list all the examples of how you defy your own doctrines, I'd have to be here all day..

But here's one example: Luther taught that you could commit adultery 20 times a day and still get into Heaven... the old OnceSavedAlwaysSaved thing... But that is nowhere in Scripture and you can't find anything tht remotely says anything like it. Protestants go by that OnceSaved thing (yes, I know.. not all of them).. In any case, Jesus said Go and sin no more. End of Sentence.

So don't go all sanctimonious on us with that BS (how ironic...) about going by the Bible... while us schmucky Catholics are just always, always ignoring Scripture, as the endless accusation goes...

And you need to answer this Q: Who is going to baptize people if all you need is Jesus? The little people are going to baptize each other? Who is going to marry people except a minister... Jesus chose HUMANS to do His work on Earth... humans like the first pope, Peter and the other 11 and all their successors, the popes who came after Peter and their clergy. Or maybe Jesus can just pour the baptismal waters over people by Himself... straight from Heaven... no humans involved? We'd all love to see that, wouldn't we?
Typical screed of nonsense. Where's the Scripture that says Baptism saves you, Mr. Bible teacher.

Typical screed of nonsense. Where's the Scripture that says Baptism saves you, Mr. Bible teacher.
weak

but to answer your Q.. it is John 3:3, I THINK.

Here is 1 Peter 3:21

Whereunto baptism being of the like form, now saveth you also: not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the examination of a good conscience towards God by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Forum List

Back