Zone1 Christian or allegedly Christian religions that disbelieve in eternal punishment (Hell)

Eternity is by definition an infinite duration of time.

In a couple of hundred billion years from now an event called the heat death of the universe will occur. It will be the last meaningful thing that will ever happen. Eternity will have barely begun and there will still be an infinity of time left. If we are still around we will not even remember the comparative eyeblink we were alive. The whole idea is ludicrous. Why would you want to exist that long? It's terrifying.
Infinity is boundlessness.

Have you ever thought about eternity? Do you feel like you can grasp just how long that is? You can't. The mathematics of very large numbers gives us a glimpse at eternity and it is terrifying. If your spirit can somehow handle existing long past the heat death of the universe then that's not you any longer. Just some lobotomized remnant staring blindly into the void of endless time.
When you die, you leave your limited, sinful body behind. The spirit is eternal and made for eternity. It never gets old or tired

Well, look at what the human-founded "christian" religions have cooked up? (no pun intended.. laugh)

I didn't know the 7th Day A disbelieved in Hell. Then there is #6 on this list: Universalists who "argue that if hell exists, the punishment there is meant to correct erring sinners, and will serve as a remedial, and cannot be everlasting punishment." That describes Purgatory but OMG, that's so Catholic-sounding..! Can't have that! No sirreeeBob.. So we'll just tweak the Catholic thing and voila'--perfect doctrine!

These folks don't believe God, who is purported to be Love itself, would allow eternal punishment. Well, that's interesting because a lot of Christian denoms claim to go by the Bible alone and the Bible clearly states that there IS eternal punishment. JESUS used that exact term in Mt 25:31. So yeh, as some of us already knew, a lot of these Bible-alone folks twist and distort the Words in that Book when they find something that doesn't sound right to them. OMG! Eternal misery? No way.. can't be.. We have to "splain" this so we don't lose congregants..
Hell.....:heehee:

Time is a physical dimension, akin to length, width, and height.

The physical cannot go on boundlessly in an expanding universe.

Last edited:
Eventually, time itself becomes meaningless. Granted, eons after the galaxies and stars have dissipated, and even long after any energy exists in but a trace, but just the same.

Well, you obviously don't know what I know about God and Heaven and related matters
I can guarantee I have devoted more thought to the subject than you have. No one knows what, if anything, happens after death. Anyone who claims they know is a liar.

If you know that no one knows, why would you devote so much time to it?
I had a very strict religious upbringing. Long is my journey from compulsory daily bible readings and having Jesus beat into me to where I am now.

I can guarantee I have devoted more thought to the subject than you have. No one knows what, if anything, happens after death. Anyone who claims they know is a liar.
so guarantee it... show us your proof that you know more than I do

:rolleyes:

Also, no one said anything about knowing what happens after death...

another :rolleyes:

You're the one that claims to KNOW about God and Heaven. All I KNOW is that it's unknowable.
right. people chase after this or that job or spouse or whatever, dealing with the known and unknwn but when it comes to God,

I don't know anything!

sounds like an excuse and a bad one.. Everyone knows, for example, that adultery is wrong, abortion is wrong. Saying there is no way of knowing such is .. just lying in my view.. making excuses, rationalizing

I'm not mocking your faith but having faith is not the same as actually knowing.
It is for me. I know certain things RE Christianity. I do not just believe those things.

Jesus is knowable. It's too bad not even Catholics these days can spend much time in His Real Presence (the fake priests keep us from Him). :mad:We are losing everything... Only God can restore it

I had a very strict religious upbringing. Long is my journey from compulsory daily bible readings and having Jesus beat into me to where I am now.
bad experiences in life do not negate Truth and reality.. eternal destiny

Forum List

Back