Charlottesville - My Take (FWIW)

The left is just getting started. Go throughout the south, there are homes and buildings still in existence from the civil war years. They will WILL be burned to the ground with the residents still in them. Especially in New Orleans where so much of the French Quarter is civil war era. All these buildings have to go.

Then, the left can move west and start ripping up the rails from the railroad.

Charlottesville- My Take (FWIW)

The formation of the Confederacy was one of the most despicable nations in the history of mankind. A nation which had 40% of its population in bondage. A nation whose economy was dependent on free forced labor. A nation which treated 40% of its population no better than animals.

This is what the Confederacy was all about.....not Scarlett O'Hara, not noble gentlemen fighting for a great cause, not a cool flag that looks good on your pick-up
The Confederacy was about death and misery of a large part of its population

Charlottesville is right in removing those statues from places of honor

If the south treated slaves no better than animals, they black people were certainly treated better than the people in the sweat shops of the north. If a slave sickened, the owner provided medical care to protect their investment. In the north, if a worker got sick, they were shoved out the door to die in the street.

The statues of the Confederate heroes certainly deserve more of a place of honor than the statues of reprobate Martin Luther King and the demented Muhammed Ali.

The left is just getting started. Go throughout the south, there are homes and buildings still in existence from the civil war years. They will WILL be burned to the ground with the residents still in them. Especially in New Orleans where so much of the French Quarter is civil war era. All these buildings have to go.

Damn...I thought Sherman took care of those

A bunch of neo-nazis showed up protesting a decision made by the people of Charlottesville. They came with shields, combat helmets, and clubs. Some even had guns. That is not preparation for a peaceful demonstration. And you parade down my street with the flag of the Nazi Party, I will react violently. I know all that flag stands for.
That makes you a part of the problem. I despise the bigotry and racism that makes up the Black Lives Matter party but I'm not going to attack someone for wearing a BLM shirt.

When the Civil War started, the Union States of Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky, Missouri, and New Jersey still had slavery. Lincoln said they could keep slavery as long as they did not secede from the Union. Later during the war, Lincoln illegally made West Virginia a new state and they could also keep slavery.

So it was OK for the Union States to have slavery, but not the Confederate states. Define hypocrisy.

You have a source for that claim, right?

Yes. US history.
...I rather meant a particular source that you would like to share with the class. You know, one with a link that we can all go verify for ourselves?
In what State did you receive your education that never mentioned the fact that the Union had slavery when they invaded the South in the Civil War?
Why do you keep dodging my simple request? Since it is such "well-known history", surely you can provide at least a single source to support what you are asserting...

Hold on. Looks like we arehaving a run on these

1647338298-drama-queen-quotes-211.png

Forum List

Back