Biden administration continues to lie, this time about the IRS

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
Biden's IRS targets small businesses, families

More than 90% of audits on families and small businesses below $400,000 threshold.

For months, Republicans warned President Joe Biden’s push to hire 87,000 Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents in the Inflation Act would pave the way for more audits on small businesses and families across America. The president, his administration, and Democrats in Congress have gone to great lengths to attempt to dispute this fact.

Yet Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen – when asked about the number of new audits funded by the Inflation Act before the House Ways and Means Committee last week – admitted the proportion of new audits on individuals and small businesses making under $400,000 would remain in line with historic levels.

According to the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office, more than 90% of audits are on families and small businesses below the $400,000 income threshold.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/small-bu...gents-defunded

No surprise here, Democrats always target the middle class for destruction-OG

Republicans ran on removing this funding. I've seen no effort to do so. It would seem to be a good item to insist on to raise the debt limit, no?

More than 90% of audits on families and small businesses below $400,000 threshold.

For months, Republicans warned President Joe Biden’s push to hire 87,000 Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents in the Inflation Act would pave the way for more audits on small businesses and families across America. The president, his administration, and Democrats in Congress have gone to great lengths to attempt to dispute this fact.

Yet Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen – when asked about the number of new audits funded by the Inflation Act before the House Ways and Means Committee last week – admitted the proportion of new audits on individuals and small businesses making under $400,000 would remain in line with historic levels.

According to the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office, more than 90% of audits are on families and small businesses below the $400,000 income threshold.

Indoctrinated sheep keep voting for them.

So nothing is changing?

So, things are within historic levels, which means nothing has changed.

Thanks for letting us know.

So, every single IRS employee does audits?

Are you sure about that?
The majority don't even come in for work, so no. Not that it's relevant to the common sense statement that more agents = more audits.

A couple of years ago I filed a paper return which is rare for me. My taxes for that year still show as "not filed." They cashed the check right away of course. I guess it's hard for them to process a return mailed to the office if they're staying home.

Maybe some of those new employees will be assigned to fax or email paper returns to those homebound folks.

Last edited:
The majority don't even come in for work, so no.

:linky:

Not that it's relevant to the common sense statement that more agents = more audits.

Or maybe more employees means that the work of processing tax claims can be done quicker.

A couple of years ago I filter a paper return which is rare for me. My taxes for that year still show as "not filed." They cashed the check right away of course. I guess it's hard for them to process a return mailed to the office if they're staying home.

I feel your pain...from a different thread on the same topic.

My wife and I are 2 years into fighting with the IRS and we also do not cheat on our taxes. The problem with the IRS is once they declare you guilty you have to prove you are innocent.

We got a $36,000 bill from the IRS for 3 years of unfiled taxes going back to 2013. They cashed the check I sent with our 2020 taxes and then said we did not file in 2020.

I had to pay thousands to a tax lawyer, agree to a payment plan till they ruled on our case and still more than 2 years later we cannot get resolution.

When do they get to use their guns. Isn't that what the liars at Faux said, 87 thousand new armed agents coming to gun down all the poor Neo-GOP saps.......

More IRS agents = more audits, Einstei
So nothing is changing?
We were lectured repeatedly by the Potus the need to go
after the richest.They were the reason for the need of funding
the IRS with 87,ooo agents { gun toting }.
However there's around 100 Billionaires in the
U.S. No need for hiring thousands more IRS agents.
So we were Lied to Again.
Begging the question.What hasn't Biden and his Drat Democrats
Not Lying about.

In testimony to the Senate Finance Committee today, IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig said that over half of the agency’s employees work full time from home.

Rettig said: “53% of the employees are in a full-time telework capacity. The rest of the employees either have a blended capacity or they are onsite.”

In a perhaps not unrelated statement, Rettig said the agency is only picking up the phone “19 to 20 percent” of the time.

Or maybe more employees means that the work of processing tax claims can be done quicker.

I feel your pain...from a different thread on the same topic.

My wife and I are 2 years into fighting with the IRS and we also do not cheat on our taxes. The problem with the IRS is once they declare you guilty you have to prove you are innocent.

We got a $36,000 bill from the IRS for 3 years of unfiled taxes going back to 2013. They cashed the check I sent with our 2020 taxes and then said we did not file in 2020.

I had to pay thousands to a tax lawyer, agree to a payment plan till they ruled on our case and still more than 2 years later we cannot get resolution.
Jesus! Your pain is worse than mine, for sure.

When I made my last post, I thought 'why not file on paper every year? They will never audit a paper 1040 from their homes? But you can't beat them when they have all the power.

So, no change and you shit your pants.

Got it.

BTW phax ain't a news source.

It's snowflake cracker entertainment.

When I made my last post, I thought 'why not file on paper every year? They will never audit a paper 1040 from their homes? But you can't beat them when they have all the power.

They can audit a paper 1040 from their home, the forms are scanned into a secure server and they can then see them.

Remote work is not of the devil as your masters have lead you to believe.

They can audit a paper 1040 from their home, the forms are scanned into a secure server and they can then see them.
Right, so these new workers may well be occupied with scanning in forms to send to those who chose to stay home. What will they do when the scanners decide to stay home also? Let me guess: hire more IRS employees.
Remote work is not of the devil as your masters have lead you to believe.
I have no master. Unlike you, I am still libertarian.

Remote work is fine at a for-profit organization. Often great in fact. It’s a lot cheaper than providing office space, etc, for desk workers. No profit seeking enterprise would allow workers to be paid for little to no work.

Government jobs are primarily to benefit the workers, and the workers inherently seek to do as little as possible for their lucrative paychecks. Now they do not even have to show up to do nothing. Makes the supervisors’ jobs much easier also, with no one to supervise.

Right, so these new workers may well be occupied with scanning in forms to send to those who chose to stay home. What will they do when the scanners decide to stay home also? Let me guess: hire more IRS employees.

They are scanned and dealt with virtually before COIVD and more people working remotely. This is not new.

I have no master. Unlike you, I am still libertarian.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Remote work is fine at a for-profit organization. Often great in fact. It’s a lot cheaper than providing office space, etc, for desk workers. No profit seeking enterprise would allow workers to be paid for little to no work.

Government jobs are primarily to benefit the workers, and the workers inherently seek to do as little as possible for their lucrative paychecks. Now they do not even have to show up to do nothing. Makes the supervisors’ jobs much easier also, with no one to supervise.

Govt workers are no different than anyone else. There are good ones and there are bad ones. That you need to demonize them all just speaks of you, not them.

They are scanned and dealt with virtually before COIVD and more people working remotely. This is not new.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Govt workers are no different than anyone else. There are good ones and there are bad ones. That you need to demonize them all just speaks of you, not them.
Your staunch defense of our bloated federal government is bizarre in light of your claimed difficulties with them.

Forum List

Back