Betsy DeVos Has Cut 600 Staff Positions in Dept of Education

No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.
You need people from DC to run your local school?

Are you really that stupid?
DeVos, DOJ Slam Campuses Behaving As "Mini Police States"

"Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country..."

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education filed a lawsuit against Jones College after the school threatened to arrest student members of Young Americans for Liberty for their efforts to initiate a conversation about marijuana legalization on campus. The campus police stopped the YAL members from tabling to raise awareness about this issue. FIRE sued the school on behalf of YAL and student Michael Brown.

The Department of Justice is weighing in on the matter, releasing a statement insisting that “College campuses should not be mini police states.”

“The United States of America is not a police state,” said assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division Eric Dreiband, adding “Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country."

Finally!

US secretary of education Betsy DeVos also weighed in on the free speech of students at Jones County Junior College saying that the situation is “yet another concerning example of students encountering limits on what, when, where, and how they learn.”

“This is happening far too often on our nation’s campuses. This Administration won’t let students be silenced. We stand with their right to speak and with their right to learn truth through the free exchange of ideas—particularly those with which they might disagree,” DeVos added.​

Another link to ZeroHedge - a Bulgarian conspiracy theory website.

Zero Hedge - Media Bias/Fact Check
Using a biased leftist website to ‘fact’ check?
Hilarious.

The website operates out of Bulgaria fool. You idiots think that any piece of garbage article and claims are true as longas it's published on the internet and says what you want, and then bitch whine like children when you get caught using conspiracy theories and bullshit.

That’s a good start! Now let’s eliminate the entire DOE and the IRS.

We need to cut about $2 trillion from the budget immediately.
No, Trump can use the IRS to crush his political opposition.

How well did that work out for Obama?
Worked great for Obama. His political opposition was crushed and nobody went to jail.

They were crushed? How do you figure? How did the DNC do in the House and Senate during the Obama years?

Worked great for Obama. His political opposition was crushed and nobody went to jail.

I guess I missed the part where his opposition was crushed. So Boehner and Mitch McConnell just rolled over and stopped blocking his agenda? The Tea Party collapsed? Do you have a link to this collapse?

Without information of the jobs that were eliminated, it's hard to judge whether her actions were warranted.

I guess I missed the part where his opposition was crushed. So Boehner and Mitch McConnell just rolled over and stopped blocking his agenda? The Tea Party collapsed? Do you have a link to this collapse?

Republicans are just as corrupt as the Dimms. Washington is a cesspool of greed and corruption.

My body, my choice!*

*except when it comes to deciding where to educate your child

We have private schools, if you can afford them.
You can pick where you live based on the schools.
You can even home school your spawn if you don't mind his completely lacking socialization skills.
We've heard all these anti-choice talking points a million times, and you've heard the responses to them.

There is simply no good reason for not allowing parents to choose the school they send their child to the same way they choose their grocery store.

No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.

DeVos, DOJ Slam Campuses Behaving As "Mini Police States"

"Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country..."

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education filed a lawsuit against Jones College after the school threatened to arrest student members of Young Americans for Liberty for their efforts to initiate a conversation about marijuana legalization on campus. The campus police stopped the YAL members from tabling to raise awareness about this issue. FIRE sued the school on behalf of YAL and student Michael Brown.

The Department of Justice is weighing in on the matter, releasing a statement insisting that “College campuses should not be mini police states.”

“The United States of America is not a police state,” said assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division Eric Dreiband, adding “Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country."

Finally!

US secretary of education Betsy DeVos also weighed in on the free speech of students at Jones County Junior College saying that the situation is “yet another concerning example of students encountering limits on what, when, where, and how they learn.”

“This is happening far too often on our nation’s campuses. This Administration won’t let students be silenced. We stand with their right to speak and with their right to learn truth through the free exchange of ideas—particularly those with which they might disagree,” DeVos added.​

Another link to ZeroHedge - a Bulgarian conspiracy theory website.

Zero Hedge - Media Bias/Fact Check
Nobody is interested in the Nobody that runs the biased "Media Bias/Fact Check" opinion on bias. He admits he is biased and has no special training or certification in detecting bias or fact.

Americans are tired of various Universities trying to implement mini police states with show trials, speech codes, and suppression of alternative points of view.

Gratuitous insults meant to divert attention away from DeVos' agenda to expand the reach of charter schools is noted. The primary functions of the Dept. of Ed are to establish policy for, administer and coordinate most federal assistance to education, collect data on US schools, and to enforce federal educational laws regarding privacy and civil rights. Ignorance gets you nowhere with me.

None of the shit you mentioned is necessary. Why not let the states run their own damn school systems?

SCHOOL CHOICE!!! Now!
My body, my choice!*

*except when it comes to deciding where to educate your child

Just like abortion, you have a choice. You just have to pay for it yourself!
In other words, no choice about paying for it.

That's why anyone who works for the public schools can't be considered a Republican. You work for a government brainwashing factory.

That is just stupid, even for you. My sister has been a pubic school teacher for 30 years, she is far more conservative than you ever dreamed of being. There is nothing about teaching kids to read and do math that keeps one from being a Repub nor a conservative.

People like you are so fucking brainwashed that everyone that does not do just what you say is the enemy.

How do you live like this?

Exactly WTF doe the DOE do that actually educates kids? Be specific and bring credible links.

I predict you will have zip to offer.

I hope she succeeds. Our school system is broken

She is not doing anything to fix it.
Haha you're a buffoon. 600 jobs translates to more money for actual education rather that bureaucracy bloat....

Derp

Yeah they are spending that money on actual education! :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Even you are not that naive...are you?

Forum List

Back