Betsy DeVos Has Cut 600 Staff Positions in Dept of Education

SCHOOL CHOICE!!! Now!
My body, my choice!*

*except when it comes to deciding where to educate your child

Just like abortion, you have a choice. You just have to pay for it yourself!
In other words, no choice about paying for it.

That's why anyone who works for the public schools can't be considered a Republican. You work for a government brainwashing factory.

Yes, you have a choice in paying for it, just like every other private school or home school parent does!

BTW, I don't work for the schools any longer. You call it brainwashing because your brain apparently was never bathed in intelligence since birth.

If you don't like the way your school is being run, get involved. Instead of running your mouth in ignorance, help to fix the problems you see in your schools.

SCHOOL CHOICE!!! Now!
My body, my choice!*

That's why anyone who works for the public schools can't be considered a Republican. You work for a government brainwashing factory.

That is just stupid, even for you. My sister has been a pubic school teacher for 30 years, she is far more conservative than you ever dreamed of being. There is nothing about teaching kids to read and do math that keeps one from being a Repub nor a conservative.

People like you are so fucking brainwashed that everyone that does not do just what you say is the enemy.

How do you live like this?
I went to these schools you are absolutely wrong!

Nope. Private schools perform better because they have to. Unlike government schools, If they don't produce a product that people want, then they go under.

A genuine libertarian wouldn't be arguing that there's nothing inherently wrong with a government monopoly.

I never said such a thing. Why do you need to lie about me so much. Look at post 38 and 49 for my view on the Dept of Ed

Private schools can pick and choose who they accept, thus they can weed out trouble makers and those with learning disabilities. It is just a fact of life.

That is just stupid, even for you. My sister has been a pubic school teacher for 30 years, she is far more conservative than you ever dreamed of being. There is nothing about teaching kids to read and do math that keeps one from being a Repub nor a conservative.

People like you are so fucking brainwashed that everyone that does not do just what you say is the enemy.

How do you live like this?
You claim you're a libertarian, and we all know that's a load of horseshit.

Way to change the subject dumb ass.

What a joke you are
I didn't change the subject. I pointed out why no one can believe what you posted.

That does not change that you are so fucking stupid you think that teaching 3 and 4th graders some how keeps someone from being a Repub....
Getting a check from the government has a strong influence on them being liberal.

So, every single person in the military is a liberal by this stupid fucking standard.

Keep digging little buddy, keep digging.

No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.
You need people from DC to run your local school?

Are you really that stupid?
Gratuitous insults meant to divert attention away from DeVos' agenda to expand the reach of charter schools is noted. The primary functions of the Dept. of Ed are to establish policy for, administer and coordinate most federal assistance to education, collect data on US schools, and to enforce federal educational laws regarding privacy and civil rights. Ignorance gets you nowhere with me.

None of the shit you mentioned is necessary. Why not let the states run their own damn school systems?

You trust states like Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and others that basic abandoned poor and minority students to a substandard education that caused the Education Department to be created?

BTW, Queen Hillary would have outlawed charter schools and home schooling. Her 5 anti American SCOTUS jihadists would have backed her too
The worst part about it is that those are probably the LEAST of our concerns about what that **** would’ve done had she won.

No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.

Gratuitous insults meant to divert attention away from DeVos' agenda to expand the reach of charter schools is noted. The primary functions of the Dept. of Ed are to establish policy for, administer and coordinate most federal assistance to education, collect data on US schools, and to enforce federal educational laws regarding privacy and civil rights. Ignorance gets you nowhere with me.
Which schools perform better at actually educating kids, charter or public schools?

Charter schools of course because they can pick and choose who they let in.
Same with private schools.
Nope. Private schools perform better because they have to. Unlike government schools, If they don't produce a product that people want, then they go under.

A genuine libertarian wouldn't be arguing that there's nothing inherently wrong with a government monopoly.

A characteristic that private schools and charter schools all too often share - bankruptcy.

Teachers can only teach what they are ordered to teach and how they are ordered to teach it.

Horseshit.
Public teachers cannot freelance their classrooms.

I guess that might depend on the school district.
I can’t imagine any district letting a teacher talk about WW2 history all year.

Would depend on the class.

If the class was US History 1900 to present then they should not.
You make my point, teachers have required structures handed down to them.

SCHOOL CHOICE!!! Now!
My body, my choice!*

Yes, you have a choice in paying for it, just like every other private school or home school parent does!

BTW, I don't work for the schools any longer. You call it brainwashing because your brain apparently was never bathed in intelligence since birth.

If you don't like the way your school is being run, get involved. Instead of running your mouth in ignorance, help to fix the problems you see in your schools.
No you don't. You don't have a choice about paying taxes.

Your dishonesty is duly noted.

You're a brainwashed troll, just like every public school teacher.

Which schools perform better at actually educating kids, charter or public schools?

Define "better".

Horseshit.
Public teachers cannot freelance their classrooms.

I guess that might depend on the school district.
I can’t imagine any district letting a teacher talk about WW2 history all year.

Would depend on the class.

If the class was US History 1900 to present then they should not.
You make my point, teachers have required structures handed down to them.

As is the case with private schools or charter schools.

Of course there is a basic structure, that is far different than the other claims made on here.

Do you want a 3rd grader to spend the whole year learning about WWII and never do any math or reading or grammar?

Charter schools of course because they can pick and choose who they let in.
Same with private schools.

A characteristic that private schools and charter schools all too often share - bankruptcy.

That's the problem with government schools: they never go bankrupt, no matter how bad they are.

DeVos, DOJ Slam Campuses Behaving As "Mini Police States"

"Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country..."

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education filed a lawsuit against Jones College after the school threatened to arrest student members of Young Americans for Liberty for their efforts to initiate a conversation about marijuana legalization on campus. The campus police stopped the YAL members from tabling to raise awareness about this issue. FIRE sued the school on behalf of YAL and student Michael Brown.

The Department of Justice is weighing in on the matter, releasing a statement insisting that “College campuses should not be mini police states.”

“The United States of America is not a police state,” said assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division Eric Dreiband, adding “Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country."

Finally!

US secretary of education Betsy DeVos also weighed in on the free speech of students at Jones County Junior College saying that the situation is “yet another concerning example of students encountering limits on what, when, where, and how they learn.”

“This is happening far too often on our nation’s campuses. This Administration won’t let students be silenced. We stand with their right to speak and with their right to learn truth through the free exchange of ideas—particularly those with which they might disagree,” DeVos added.​

Another link to ZeroHedge - a Bulgarian conspiracy theory website.

Zero Hedge - Media Bias/Fact Check
Nobody is interested in the Nobody that runs the biased "Media Bias/Fact Check" opinion on bias. He admits he is biased and has no special training or certification in detecting bias or fact.

Americans are tired of various Universities trying to implement mini police states with show trials, speech codes, and suppression of alternative points of view.

What is being supressed is hate speech, and denigration of minorities by alt-right media promoting lies and conspiracy theories. Americans are tired of being lied to. Well, the left is tired of it. Conservatives seem to WANT to be lied to since they eagerly latch onto any conspiracy theory which promotes their deeply held beliefs.

That’s a good start! Now let’s eliminate the entire DOE and the IRS.

We need to cut about $2 trillion from the budget immediately.
No, Trump can use the IRS to crush his political opposition.

How well did that work out for Obama?
Worked great for Obama. His political opposition was crushed and nobody went to jail.

I like how Obama sent Dinesh DSouza to a halfway house for 8 months for 1 campaign finance violation.

Obama is such a dirty fuck.

Define "better".
Their students learn more, and they are better equipped for college.

Public schools run by democrats not
Shutting down isn’t a option they need to be cut off, drowned out! Unions are playing with our children’s future! SCHOOL CHOICE! Is freedom !

DeVos, DOJ Slam Campuses Behaving As "Mini Police States"

"Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country..."

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education filed a lawsuit against Jones College after the school threatened to arrest student members of Young Americans for Liberty for their efforts to initiate a conversation about marijuana legalization on campus. The campus police stopped the YAL members from tabling to raise awareness about this issue. FIRE sued the school on behalf of YAL and student Michael Brown.

The Department of Justice is weighing in on the matter, releasing a statement insisting that “College campuses should not be mini police states.”

“The United States of America is not a police state,” said assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division Eric Dreiband, adding “Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country."

Finally!

US secretary of education Betsy DeVos also weighed in on the free speech of students at Jones County Junior College saying that the situation is “yet another concerning example of students encountering limits on what, when, where, and how they learn.”

“This is happening far too often on our nation’s campuses. This Administration won’t let students be silenced. We stand with their right to speak and with their right to learn truth through the free exchange of ideas—particularly those with which they might disagree,” DeVos added.​

Another link to ZeroHedge - a Bulgarian conspiracy theory website.

Zero Hedge - Media Bias/Fact Check
Nobody is interested in the Nobody that runs the biased "Media Bias/Fact Check" opinion on bias. He admits he is biased and has no special training or certification in detecting bias or fact.

Americans are tired of various Universities trying to implement mini police states with show trials, speech codes, and suppression of alternative points of view.

What is being supressed is hate speech, and denigration of minorities by alt-right media promoting lies and conspiracy theories. Americans are tired of being lied to. Well, the left is tired of it. Conservatives seem to WANT to be lied to since they eagerly latch onto any conspiracy theory which promotes their deeply held beliefs.
That's a violation of the First Amendment, you brain-dead moron. This isn't Canada. Here the government isn't allowed to determine what speech is allowed and what isn't.

I never said such a thing. Why do you need to lie about me so much. Look at post 38 and 49 for my view on the Dept of Ed

Private schools can pick and choose who they accept, thus they can weed out trouble makers and those with learning disabilities. It is just a fact of life.
That's a typical argument from those who defend government schools. Private schools generally accept anyone who can pay the tuition.

Forum List

Back