Zone1 More than 1,800 congressmen enslaved Black people

Hector12

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2023
This was the heading on an article in The Washington Post, Thursday, May 23

I draw attention to it because of the word "enslaved."

During the past few years I have noticed an irritating change in politically correct English. I suspect that in the near future it may be dangerous not to use this change.

Properly speaking, these 1,800 congressmen did not enslave anyone. Neither did the slave traders who brought the Negro slaves across the Atlantic Ocean.

The Negro slaves were not enslaved by whites at all. They were enslaved by other Negroes and sold to whites.

By writing, "More than 1,800 congressmen enslaved Black people," rather than More than 1,800 congressmen owned black slaves," one ignores the complicity of Negroes in Negro slavery.

During the past few years I have noticed an irritating change in politically correct English. I suspect that in the near future it may be dangerous not to use this change.

Properly speaking, these 1,800 congressmen did not enslave anyone. Neither did the slave traders who brought the Negro slaves across the Atlantic Ocean.

The Negro slaves were not enslaved by whites at all. They were enslaved by other Negroes and sold to whites.

By writing, "More than 1,800 congressmen enslaved Black people," rather than More than 1,800 congressmen owned black slaves," one ignores the complicity of Negroes in Negro slavery.
they were not slaves?.....so they could have walked away at any time those white people owned them?...

Blacks should be able to get reformations from other Blacks who's ancestors came from Africa who enslaved their own.

1. No matter how you parse the word "slave," it was a disaster for both the people forced to come here to work for free, and for the American people.

2. It led to the bloody Civil War.

3. And it is responsible for the United States of America being today one of the most crime-ridden countries in the world.

1. No matter how you parse the word "slave," it was a disaster for both the people forced to come here to work for free, and for the American people.

3. And it is responsible for the United States of America being today one of the most crime-ridden countries in the world.
Slavery is not the reason for rampant crime in the United States today. It is the Marxists/Demofacsists policies that are the reason for all the crime.

List of Top 10 Countries with the Highest Crime Rate: The top 10 countries with the highest crime rate are – Venezuela, Papua New Guinea, Afghanistan, Haiti, South Africa Honduras, Trinidad, Tobago, Syria, Yemen, and Jamaica.Apr 22, 2024

you said they are not slaves they are just owned....well im asking can they tell their owners they are leaving?....and if not,why not?....
I said nothing of the sort. I said they owned Negro slaves that they did not enslave.

“The goal of Big Brother is the annihilation of the individual. The individual becomes all-powerful through merging and blending self with the Party, so that “he is the Party”. (277)

Power, is “power over human beings” , but “above all over the mind” The party controls external reality through the control of the mind, and it controls the mind, through the control of language.”

https://www.englishworks.com.au/orw... party is able to,” or “intellectually free”.

Hector knows what he is talking about.

Slavery is not the reason for rampant crime in the United States today. It is the Marxists/Demofacsists policies that are the reason for all the crime.
I am a Democrat. Calling us Communists is like calling me a racist. In each case the implication is that we are so evil that no one needs to discuss with us controversial and complex issues.

I read some of Marx in college. I have read The Communist Manifesto many times. After I graduated from college I took a fascinating seminar on Das Kapital. It was given by a brilliant member of the American Communist Party. His day job was to work as a physicist. In addition to his day job, and leading the seminar he was translating a book from Russian to Swedish on behalf of the Soviet government.

Interestingly enough, I already owned most of the books on the reading list. These included all three volumes of Das Kapital, an anthology of essays by Karl Marx, and another anthology of essays by Vladimir Lenin. These had been printed in Moscow by Progress Printers.

My father was an economist. When he looked at the reading list, Dad said, "That man knows a lot about economics." Indeed he did.

My considered opinion is that Marx had two valid insights, and was mistaken about everything else. I see no value at all in the thinking of Lenin. We can discuss that further if you want to.

Last edited:
Blacks should be able to get reformations from other Blacks who's ancestors came from Africa who enslaved their own.
Wrong. Jim Crow happened after slavery. Africans didn't do that.

What was bad for the American people was when whites came here from Europe.

What was bad for the American people was when whites came here from Europe.

How do you figure? Most Europeans came to the United States with nothing but reasonably high IQ's, and the willingness to work hard.

We created a society so affluent and generous that Negroes move here. Very few of them move from here to sub Saharan Africa.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back