Zone1 More than 1,800 congressmen enslaved Black people

Wrong. Jim Crow happened after slavery. Africans didn't do that.
Jim Crow happened because during the Reconstruction Era, from 1865 to 1876, most Negroes disappointed optimistic assessments of their potential.

I think Karl Marx had two valid insights. One often consideres Edmund Burke to be the antithesis of Marx. The insight I value in the writings of Edmund Burke is that there is often wisdom in tradition.

I am pessimistic about human nature, taking my inspiration from E.O.Wilson's Sociobiology, the New Synthesis. I am pessimistic about human potential, taking my inspiration from The Bell Curve, by Richard Herrnstein and Charles Murray.

Last edited:
Wrong. Jim Crow happened after slavery. Africans didn't do that.
You do t get it. It was Black Africans that caught and sold their own to slave traders that were often Black too. So, Blacks have to pay the reparations since there would have been no slaves in America without them.

You do t get it. It was Black Africans that caught and sold their own to slave traders that were often Black too. So, Blacks have to pay the reparations since there would have been no slaves in America without them.
I do get it. Your story is incomplete, and quite frankly, disingenuous. If I break this down to its simplest and leave out a lot of things that occurred, whites bought the slaves. Africans did not own the shipping companies that bought the slaves here and they did not make slavery legal in America.

I do get it. Your story is incomplete, and quite frankly, disingenuous. If I break this down to its simplest and leave out a lot of things that occurred, whites bought the slaves. Africans did not own the shipping companies that bought the slaves here and they did not make slavery legal in America.
Again, you assume I don’t know those things. It’s guys like you who leave out how the slave traders got their slaves for them. And you do it every time. The fact is, there were Black slave traders and Black slave owners too. There still are. The point is that for Blacks to covet white people’s money without taking what doesn’t belong to them from Blacks too is wrong too.

And, for Blacks to think taking money from Whites today will make things better is fake hope. It will only make things worse.

Forum List

Back