Betsy DeVos Has Cut 600 Staff Positions in Dept of Education

No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.

No surprise.........she's a charter school zealot who wants to destroy the public schools.
You need people from DC to run your local school?

Are you really that stupid?
Gratuitous insults meant to divert attention away from DeVos' agenda to expand the reach of charter schools is noted. The primary functions of the Dept. of Ed are to establish policy for, administer and coordinate most federal assistance to education, collect data on US schools, and to enforce federal educational laws regarding privacy and civil rights. Ignorance gets you nowhere with me.

Gratuitous insults meant to divert attention away from DeVos' agenda to expand the reach of charter schools is noted. The primary functions of the Dept. of Ed are to establish policy for, administer and coordinate most federal assistance to education, collect data on US schools, and to enforce federal educational laws regarding privacy and civil rights. Ignorance gets you nowhere with me.
How dare blacks get a chance to go to a white school.

Destroying the Dept of Education doesn't equate to destroying the public schools, moron.

What's your problem with charter schools? Are you afraid kids might actually get an education?

I support her agenda 100%. None of the functions you listed are necessary. Get rid of the DOE.

It’s a marxist racial cultural divide administration

I support her agenda 100%. None of the functions you listed are necessary. Get rid of the DOE.
But....but.....we need a $68B department to collect data! What’s all that data going to do just sitting out there in a huge void?

DeVos, DOJ Slam Campuses Behaving As "Mini Police States"

"Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country..."

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education filed a lawsuit against Jones College after the school threatened to arrest student members of Young Americans for Liberty for their efforts to initiate a conversation about marijuana legalization on campus. The campus police stopped the YAL members from tabling to raise awareness about this issue. FIRE sued the school on behalf of YAL and student Michael Brown.

The Department of Justice is weighing in on the matter, releasing a statement insisting that “College campuses should not be mini police states.”

“The United States of America is not a police state,” said assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division Eric Dreiband, adding “Repressive speech codes are the indecent hallmark of despotic, totalitarian regimes. They have absolutely no place in our country."

Finally!

US secretary of education Betsy DeVos also weighed in on the free speech of students at Jones County Junior College saying that the situation is “yet another concerning example of students encountering limits on what, when, where, and how they learn.”

“This is happening far too often on our nation’s campuses. This Administration won’t let students be silenced. We stand with their right to speak and with their right to learn truth through the free exchange of ideas—particularly those with which they might disagree,” DeVos added.​

I view Charter schools as a viable alternative and competition for public schools.

Right! Charter schools would work so wonderfully when the entire residents of a county don't have enough kids to fill a public high school

What is it you like about charter schools that you cannot enact in your public schools?

Those functions were necessary when the federal government created the Education Department. What has changed?

But....but.....we need a $68B department to collect data! What’s all that data going to do just sitting out there in a huge void?

You do know that over $22 billion out of that $68 billion are Pell Grants.

Forum List

Back