Are you born with spiritual needs ?

On the theme of atheists..........I think in reality, that you would find that most folks that call or think of themselves as aetheists, are in reality, "agnostics".

Main Entry: 1ag·nos·tic
Pronunciation: ag-'näs-tik, &g-
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek agnOstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnOstos known, from gignOskein to know -- more at KNOW
1 : a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

Actually, atheists are a rare bird or breed, if you consider the above, Merriam Webster definition of an "agnostic".

Are you certain that there's a god?

I've also in my own observations noticeds some traits that seem to be more common/apparent with the folks that call themselves atheists/agnostics.........Most notably, they seem to show a lack of gratefulness about life, and seem to have a suspicious, untrusting nature towards some/any or all authority over their lives. Their lives tend to be obsessed with conspiratorial worries, and undertones of fear of unfair treatment from perceived authority.

These folk's lack of personal gratefulness or thankfulness for life in general, seems to be offset with over-developed needs to extend compassion on all human entities. Sometimes it remindes me of a kind of penance being worked out as a result of deep, subconscious guilt.

I'm sure this accurately describes some athiests/agnostics. I'll wager that it probably applies to some religious people too.

Yes, conservaties can be atheists/agnostics, as it is so easy to become obsessed with pride of one's material blessing of life, and obsessed and prideful with one's own endeavors that obtained the material belongings, that a desire or need for a God/Creator or ultimate authority is totally ignored.

Wow, you're some kinda expert on atheists. :rolleyes:

Why most professed atheists are really agnostics, is that they really are confused about who and what to believe, but not because God made it confusing, but because they chose to not accept the obvious evidences of His reality through the very creation that is all around us.

Instead of worshiping God, whom they have rejected, they have replaced God with cars, money, job stature, self, intellect, education, hobbies, noteriety(popularity), external beauty/handsomeness, homes, possessions.. etc. These before-mentioned things are not evil in and of themselves, but it's what agnostic man does with them, or how agnostic man views them. Agnostic man has made sense of his universe by creating his own little library of gods.........they are all convenient, they're not convicting to his soul, but they do get boring and must be constantly upgraded or replaced.

Not only an expert, but apparently the world's most amazing mind-reader. :bs1:

The true atheist would have to admit that life "stinks" and is just an "existence" with no need to have inspired goals.
Agnostics, think there maybe some sort of god, but won't commit, as they don't think there's convincing evidence to bring them to a conclusion. As a result, atheists are the saddest or most to be pitied of all mankind.........and agnostics.........are basically living the metaphorical life of the grasshopper fiddling away its life, picking Summer fruit, denying that Winter is on the horizon, and that their food pantry is empty.

Damn, the pile of bullshit gets deeper and deeper, and unbelievably more foul smelling with every sentence.

I would go out on a limb and say that most liberals that call themselves atheists are most likely, agnostics.

It's nearly impossible with the human species to live out it's life without venerating something..........to give it(humanity) motivation to survive and continue with life. Anything venerated, or esteemed potentially can become one's god.
I think that in some ways the liberal mantra to help the minorities, the sick, the hurting, the chastised by society, is leaning strongly towards a Christian values or biblical values direction. No one can argue the point that liberals have embraced compassion for humanity in large ways.

Yet, with that compassion there is a hypocritical, selectivity, as revealed with their strong advocacy of abortion rights, Euthanasia, etc. They reserve the right to define "life", as they see it. This direction of philosphy hurts the credibility of liberalism as a full encompassing philosophy of compassion of the weak, chastised, downtrodden......etc.

This is without a doubt the lamest and saddest pile of self-validation I've ever read.

This is without a doubt the lamest and saddest pile of self-validation I've ever read.

I guess it's good to get opinions both negative and positive from folks in the forum.
Please make note, that my earlier comments, were started with a disclaimer..........."sticking my neck out"..........

My above comments were just my opinions, based on my observations. I accept your comments that seem to say, that I'm not an expert. I agree totally! I'm not, and don't advertise to be an expert. These are Eightball's conclusions, though they seem to be a pile of Poo Poo:eek2: in your opinion.

You have exercised your constitutional right as an American to call my post as you see it, and I thank God that I live in a country where you can freely do that.

So, I say, "bravo" to you for saying as you see it or interpret my previous post.

I have no hard feelings about your comments. It's good to not go through life with folks just agreeing with each other all the time. How can we learn anything, although we do have to be agreeable to except correction, too, for this all to work properly.
I also thank God that this country allows folks of all philsophical, and religious beliefs, freedom to do as you just exercised.
Expert!? Me!? Far from it..........just a lay-person in life, as most folks are. Nope, no references to back up my conclusions based on my observations. I guess my credibility has to be measured in this forum on my previous posts throughout the last couple years, in total. Maybe that will give a little credibility or discredit any and all that I say about any topic in the present and the future.
Take care, Missleman..........

Then so is "spirit", as a body one second after death is phyiscally identical to the same body one second earlier. Yet the spirit has left and cannot be called back.

Cellular metabolism breaks down after main organs fail (happens at the same time) The human body is not the same. To the naked eye, it looks the same, but biologically speaking it is dead. No "spirit" exists in the human body.

Cellular metabolism breaks down after main organs fail (happens at the same time) The human body is not the same. To the naked eye, it looks the same, but biologically speaking it is dead. No "spirit" exists in the human body.

Interesting---cellular metabolism--energy--spirit--? Just a thought.

The mere fact that I am still drawing air, and most days to my chagrin, is due to the fact that there is a God.

Drawing air is a tough one. I usually have to put clouds in the sky and hope that people just assume there is air up there too! :D

Forum List

Back