Are you born with spiritual needs ?

The mere fact that I am still drawing air, and most days to my chagrin, is due to the fact that there is a God.

The question was aimed more at Eightball. He is having trouble believing in the existence of atheists. As certain as you and Eightball are that there is a god, I am equally certain there isn't. I am equally certain that the same fate awaits us all...oblivion.

The question was aimed more at Eightball. He is having trouble believing in the existence of atheists. As certain as you and Eightball are that there is a god, I am equally certain there isn't. I am equally certain that the same fate awaits us all...oblivion.

describe oblivion,please !

but there must be or a god or you would have nothing not to belive in......

You're right. I shouldn't have jumped in like that. I apologize.

No need to apologize. I wasn't jumping on for jumping in. I asked the question in the context of Eightball's post and taken by itself, the reason for the question was lost.

I think oblivian awaits those who do not accept Christ.:poke:

So the cells all break down all at the same time, in one second. Is that your position?

Not quite. What I said is that the human body is dead once major organ/s fail, which happens at the same time the cellular metabolism ends (within that organ). The body will continue to grow after your heart or brain shuts down, but since metabolism is stopped in major organs, funtion is not possible, and continued growth is short lived.

Not quite. What I said is that the human body is dead once major organ/s fail, which happens at the same time the cellular metabolism ends (within that organ). The body will continue to grow after your heart or brain shuts down, but since metabolism is stopped in major organs, funtion is not possible, and continued growth is short lived.
That's all well and good, but you fail to support your position that the Spirit is not required for life to occur. All the parts of the human machine are there immediately after death, yet the body cannot be revived, as the Spirit cannot be returned.

My comments about most self avowed atheists being most likely agnostics still stands.

To be an atheist is to embrace an ideal or philosophy that takes every ounce of your mental strength of being at every moment of your waking life with such commitment that it comes to "nearly impossible".

Remember that an agnostic is one who has doubts about God's existence, yet hasn't thrown in his or her's "chips" against the idea of there being a Creator as defined by atheism.

That old saying back in WW2 that there aren't any atheists in these foxholes really has a lot of merit in my opinion. I'd say that the Fox Hole Rule would really glean-out those who are atheists from those who were just agnostic, and now see things differently.

When it comes down to one's life being threatened with extinction, it's quite amazing how many testimonies have been recorded of folks praying fervently at those times. Yet only moments before, when no threat was happening, those same persons professed or lived a life having no need or even perceived existence of a "God".

I do not discount the existence of atheists. I just believe they are rarer than Hooping Cranes.

To be an atheist is to embrace an ideal or philosophy that takes every ounce of your mental strength of being at every moment of your waking life with such commitment that it comes to "nearly impossible".

On the contrary, it takes no effort at all. You've deluded yourself into thinking that atheists are crushed by this heavy burden of non-belief. No such weight exists for me, and I'll wager any amount of cash you'd like to name that the vast majority of atheists don't feel this "burden" either.

That's all well and good, but you fail to support your position that the Spirit is not required for life to occur. All the parts of the human machine are there immediately after death, yet the body cannot be revived, as the Spirit cannot be returned.

How can I say it more clearly? There is no "spirit" in human beings, which is why it has no effect on the status of human life. Your think there's a spirit, b/c that's popular belief, but there is no; scientific or observational evidence that a "spirit" even exist.

Forum List

Back