Zone1 Are White Actors and Actresses Not Allowed to Act Anymore?

Are you aware that it happened in Thailand and to Thai people? The THAI divers should have been played by non-Thai actors? Seriously?

Viggo Mortenson is not British or Aussie.

Ariel, Snow White, Annie are not real people.

RWs need to learn the difference between fiction and non-fiction.
You missed the sarcasm. 😂

Using that argument Annie is a fictional character. Do you believe that should mean that she can suddenly be changed from white to black?
Did you ever see the sit com Diff'rent Strokes. That is a take-off on the Little Orphan Annie story line. Like the Wiz, Annie was NOT Little Orphan Annie but a take-off on the original story line. What is next? Complaining because the actors have pupils in their eyes? That in itself was not holding true to James Whitcomb Riley's work but the interpretation of cartoonist Harold Gray. You are getting sidetracked from your OP which was spot on regarding the overrepresentation of black actors in relation to actual demographics of the US and why white actors are not represented accurately according to those demographics.

Hollywood has no writers anymore. They just change the ethnicity, gender or political leanings of the roles as they were written in the attempt to make everything woke. I haven't watched a new movie in over 20 years. Entertainment quality suffered so badly in the 90s, I gave up on it.
I think it's the Movie and Entertainment industry squashing originality in the name of chasing "the next big hit".

That is a take-off on the Little Orphan Annie story line. Like the Wiz, Annie was NOT Little Orphan Annie but a take-off on the original story line.

Then why was the 2014 and Annie Live still called Annie then? -____-

Then why was the 2014 and Annie Live still called Annie then? -____-
Riley's original work was titled The Elf Child, later renamed Little Orphant Annie. Little Orphan Annie was a syndicated comic strip by Harold Gray. Annie has nothing to do with any of them. It is a take off. Again, what does any of this have to do with your OP.

I’m sure they are crushed.

I am disappointed in all those goddamn racist in Hollywood that puts more Negroes on screen than their demographics. We should all condemn racism like that. It is disgusting.

I was just seeing a picture for the new Ariel in the upcoming reboot of The Little Mermaid and I have to say that she has a tad bit darker skin, but she still has red hair at least and she isn't completely black, but why do white rolls keep being replaced by darker skinned people? Don't they realize that they're being more racist by doing that then they would be if they allowed white rolls to remain white? I don't think there would be the same reaction if black rolls (like Tyler Perry for instance) were being replaced with white people. Anyways, here she isn't and she doesn't look THAT bad.

View attachment 679074
Who said the mermaid must be white?

I am disappointed in all those goddamn racist in Hollywood that puts more Negroes on screen than their demographics. We should all condemn racism like that. It is disgusting.
Whites have done it for over one hundred years.

We all DID condemn racism until the word started getting shoved down our throats 24/7.

I adored my friend's handsome, intelligent biracial grandchild, but then I failed to jump on the Trump-hate train fast enough to suit my friend, and she started slinging the "R" word at me. I loved my friend's daughter and supported her in her own fight against racism until her mother simply went fucking TDS crazy.

And now that it is socially acceptable to be an anti-white racist, all bets are off.

tick tock

I have yet to see a liberal say "Someone or something" is woke
That is a RW term.

Why do you deny that?
Lying again again. LOOLOOLLLOLLL
Yeah. You’re right. It’s the conservatives who came up with the term woke. We blamed it on you libtards simply to then use it to mock you.

Damn, Winkiedink. You are retarded. 😂

I could ask you the very same question.
If you would reread my post #105, you would see where I addressed your original OP and attempted to return to that topic. You just keep getting hung up on two offerings that happened to remake existing fictional works. I agree with your OP that casting is not holding true to the actual demographics of the US. That is the same argument that the black community used to get the ball rolling for creating more opportunity for black actors but it has snowballed to the point that it is swinging to the opposite extreme. If media casting held true to actual demographics, I don't think this would be an issue for anyone except the usual whiners.

Forum List

Back