Are robot fast food joints the result of Californias 20$ an hour minimum wage?

So you consider increased unemployment as a positive.

No wonder you love Trump.
You were probably just ecstatic back in 2020 when he drove unemployment over 10%.
I think I explained myself clearly

If all the workers are used raising corn no one can produce other goods and services to raise the standard of living for everyone

You aren't going to see any high school kids working part time again in fast food joints. These used to be good entry level jobs. Not any more. Sad.

You'll have to produce some evidence to support that. Companies generally do not make big changes unless they are likely to save or make good money on them.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Got Google?

He did that? Do tell. I seem to remember that there was a really big event that happened around that time, something that made a lot of businesses close down and people stay home. Now, if only we could only figure out what it was...
Nope, all Trump's doing.

Let's see, machines are faster, cheaper, more reliable, represent a fixed cost, can do the jobs of multiple people, and never mouth off at the manager. What's not there for an owner to love? Heck, we used to have teenagers pump our gas, wash our windshields and check the tire pressure, oil and water. When was the last time you had a kid do that when you paid 35 cents a gallon for gas?
.. and limited "time off." They'll work 24x7 and don't care if they are making $1/hour

Thread cleanup in progress. 19 posts leaving, along with two off-topic posters, trolling the thread and each other.

Your numbers are as screwed as your understanding.

Workers replaced by tech don't make $80K that number at the upper end is around $40K

But they are replaced with
People who build the machines
People who install the machines
People who maintain the machines
People who program the machines

As well as the overhead costs for the machines themselves. Lease costs, taxes...

All of which add up to the same cost or more of the employees you're trying to replace.

Increase in product quality and consistency is why machines replace humans.
Any other reason is a long term loser.
Let's hope the people are Americans. And that they equal in numbers at least the same that worked in the place. And the machines of all types are made in the United States. And the costs of the products have a downward trend.

Your numbers are as screwed as your understanding.

Workers replaced by tech don't make $80K that number at the upper end is around $40K

But they are replaced with
People who build the machines
People who install the machines
People who maintain the machines
People who program the machines

As well as the overhead costs for the machines themselves. Lease costs, taxes...

All of which add up to the same cost or more of the employees you're trying to replace.

Increase in product quality and consistency is why machines replace humans.
Any other reason is a long term loser.
Machines have the ability to build machines, self program & troubleshoot their problems. Soon they will be repaired or replaced by other robots.

that new 'fully automated McDonalds' that gave right wingers giant woodies a few months back is on the freeway into Fort Worth; I stopped in a couple of months ago, went inside to check it out, and the place was crawling with workers. I saw more there than at the 'old fashioned' McDonald's a few miles away. Drove the other day and they had a kid taking orders in the driveway and phoning them in. lol lol lol

That robot pizza maker that was going to 'revolutionize the pizza business'? Downsized dramatically. many robot companies going bankrupt and folding. Sad day for Wall Street and the worker haters.

Nope - it's that they can't find employees even at $20/hr.

Few are paying '420 an hour'. Whataburger here advertises $5 an hour; they're all well staffed. Jack in the Box still advertises $10 an hour, they're still open every day. They suck compared to Whataburger, though. All kind of cheap fast food places opening and running. 'Labor shortages' are fake news.

Nope, all Trump's doing.
Oh, that's right, I forgot that the Easter Bunny (which we have seen directing Quid Pro around when he forgot where he was supposed to go) and the Mad Hatter conspired with TRUMP! to create a fake epidemic so he could shut down the economy and create high unemployment. I knew there was a catch somewhere.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Got Google?

You found six companies that did it wrong? Wow, that's convincing in the face of the thousands that are doing it right. Many McDonald's already doesn't make you order from a person unless you want to. It won't be long before there will be maybe 2 or 3 people in one at any given time, monitoring machines, loading hoppers answering questions. It's coming.

But why do you say people are freaked out by someone going into a bank for cash?
I said here, because no one goes in banks here any more. well except to rob it. I don't think either of the kids have been inside a bank except to start their accounts. Everything is online. Even physical checks they might get - they just snap a picture and deposit it automatically.

There are two automated McDonald's here. One was closed and refurbished the other was built as automated. I know a woman that is a McDonald's manager.

The Franchises have three employees each. Drive thru window, running the automated prep functions and one that will bring out food to anyone in the dining room, do general cleaning and give lunch and break relief. The manager has six McDonald's that she visits daily. These changes were made when the minimum wage was raised to $15.00 an hour.

Forum List

Back