Are robot fast food joints the result of Californias 20$ an hour minimum wage?

America isn't viable without illegal immigrants.

California's higher standard of living will result in big problems such as this coming to Cal first.

As has been tradition in America for decades, nothing will be done to upset the border situation that ensures Americans can eat. (hamburgers mostly)
That's about the most stupid post you have ever made, and that's really saying something for you have made some truly stupid posts.

The USA, NOT America mind you, since Canada and Mexico are part of America, doesn't need a single ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT. We have potential LEGAL immigrants lining up to be vetted by the millions. In fact, we could attract any number of valuable, educated legal immigrants we desired to. They would be valuable and contributing residents and future citizens. Illegal Immigrants, on the other hands, are almost entirely ill or uneducated third world peasants. We only need so many hookers and stoop laborers.

I lived most of my life in California, so I know just a tiny bit more about the standard of living there than you do. It has done nothing but decay since the eighties. Taxes have skyrocketed, rules set by unelected and unaccountable bureaucracies have become legion stifling businesses, the quality of education has become abysmal, public corruption runs rampant and the entire infrastructure has decayed to the point where cities are nearly unlivable. Ever since the days when Jerry (moonbeam) Brown was first governor between 1975 and 1983, critical infrastructure projects have been cancelled in favor of "social spending".

All those jobs filled by illegal immigrants now, used to be filled by either legal immigrants or school kids earning pocket money.

Last edited:
And do they have another robot to keep all these machines clean?

And how does a robot recognize a dead rat fallen into the fryer, or a dog hair, dead bug or metal filing in my burger?

Yes, they'd never know to charge extra for those!

I saw this fast food place talking about it's robot staff.

He claims it's because of dangerous jobs like using the grill and fryer, but in the video also says he can't find employees.

Personally I'd wager it's due to the minimum wage hike for fast food workers. Anyone that runs a business knows employees are your biggest expense.

Sure those robots aren't cheap, but at not paying 20 dollars an hour how long before you make up the difference?

We'll see how the public takes to this.

At worst it will create an increase demand for installers, technicians, programmers and maintenance crews.

They get paid a whole lot more than $20/hr.

Close the border to illegal aliens/phony asylum seekers and wages will go up for American workers

Illegal labor has no impact on American wages.
The Open Border lie is just a fantasy MAGATS tell each other for the inability to get that dream job at McDonalds.

The overall labor costs go down. When 10 tech workers that make $125K/year each plus two $100K machines replace 100 workers at $80K/year each, the employer comes out ahead. Let's just say it this way, the employer has bean counters whose job it is to run these cost comparisons and advise on which is the cheapest. Why do you think manufacturing went overseas? It was because the cost of workers overseas was cheaper than American workers AND cheaper than the mechanical replacements of the time. Now, machines are becoming even cheaper than foreign labor, so we'll see more manufacturing move back here, but done with fewer workers. Gone forever are the days of 100,000 guys working the assembly lines, cranking out cars. Now there's a relative handful monitoring the machines doing the work.
Your numbers are as screwed as your understanding.

Workers replaced by tech don't make $80K that number at the upper end is around $40K

But they are replaced with
People who build the machines
People who install the machines
People who maintain the machines
People who program the machines

As well as the overhead costs for the machines themselves. Lease costs, taxes...

All of which add up to the same cost or more of the employees you're trying to replace.

Increase in product quality and consistency is why machines replace humans.
Any other reason is a long term loser.

Illegal labor has no impact on American wages.
The Open Border lie is just a fantasy MAGATS tell each other for the inability to get that dream job at McDonalds.
Of course an oversupply of low skill illegal aliens depresses wages for Americans

Here’s an interesting video about the gig economy in New York City that is infested with illegal aliens

In the story many complained that they could not make enough to pay their personal expenses much less send money home

Last edited:
No reply needed. If you're going to start with me again you'll have to keep it short until you regain a decent reputation.
Decent reputation! You have no clue as to what yours is. You have absolutely no room to criticize anyone's reputation. Especially someone so far above you.

replacing labor with technology does not reduce labor costs.
It drives the costs to fewer people with higher wages.
I view that as a positive event because productivity has been raised

For instance fewer workers needed to harvest corn frees up excess workers to do new jobs that inevitably come along

This raises the living standard for everyone provided the open border does not admit new workers faster than the economy can find new jobs for them

I saw this fast food place talking about it's robot staff.

He claims it's because of dangerous jobs like using the grill and fryer, but in the video also says he can't find employees.

Personally I'd wager it's due to the minimum wage hike for fast food workers. Anyone that runs a business knows employees are your biggest expense.

Sure those robots aren't cheap, but at not paying 20 dollars an hour how long before you make up the difference?

Robots for such jobs are inevitable. People want a standard of living for doing a job. Robots can do it cheaper. Same with subsistence farming 200 years ago, machinery could do the job better and cheaper.

Is this a problem where you live? I do it all the time.
Yes, evidently. Flash actual dollars outside a convenience store and people look at you funny. :salute:
Frankly I don't remember using cash for anything besides the occasional Lotto or paying entrance fees for competitions in something like a year, and that was tips for tour guides in Europe.

Yes, evidently. Flash actual dollars outside a convenience store and people look at you funny. :salute:
Frankly I don't remember using cash for anything besides the occasional Lotto or paying entrance fees for competitions in something like a year, and that was tips for tour guides in Europe.

But why do you say people are freaked out by someone going into a bank for cash?

I view that as a positive event because productivity has been raised

For instance fewer workers needed to harvest corn frees up excess workers to do new jobs that inevitably come along

This raises the living standard for everyone provided the open border does not admit new workers faster than the economy can find new jobs for them
So you consider increased unemployment as a positive.

No wonder you love Trump.
You were probably just ecstatic back in 2020 when he drove unemployment over 10%.

Your numbers are as screwed as your understanding.

Workers replaced by tech don't make $80K that number at the upper end is around $40K

But they are replaced with
People who build the machines
People who install the machines
People who maintain the machines
People who program the machines

As well as the overhead costs for the machines themselves. Lease costs, taxes...

All of which add up to the same cost or more of the employees you're trying to replace.

Increase in product quality and consistency is why machines replace humans.
Any other reason is a long term loser.
You'll have to produce some evidence to support that. Companies generally do not make big changes unless they are likely to save or make good money on them.

So you consider increased unemployment as a positive.

No wonder you love Trump.
You were probably just ecstatic back in 2020 when he drove unemployment over 10%.
He did that? Do tell. I seem to remember that there was a really big event that happened around that time, something that made a lot of businesses close down and people stay home. Now, if only we could only figure out what it was...

Forum List

Back