Are robot fast food joints the result of Californias 20$ an hour minimum wage?

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
I saw this fast food place talking about it's robot staff.

He claims it's because of dangerous jobs like using the grill and fryer, but in the video also says he can't find employees.

Personally I'd wager it's due to the minimum wage hike for fast food workers. Anyone that runs a business knows employees are your biggest expense.

Sure those robots aren't cheap, but at not paying 20 dollars an hour how long before you make up the difference?

America isn't viable without illegal immigrants.

California's higher standard of living will result in big problems such as this coming to Cal first.

As has been tradition in America for decades, nothing will be done to upset the border situation that ensures Americans can eat. (hamburgers mostly)

Robot fast food retaurants are the result of technology becoming so cheap. Any child could see that.

He claims it's because of dangerous jobs like using the grill and fryer, but in the video also says he can't find employees.

Personally I'd wager it's due to the minimum wage hike for fast food workers. Anyone that runs a business knows employees are your biggest expense.

Sure those robots aren't cheap, but at not paying 20 dollars an hour how long before you make up the difference?
Increased wages are a contributor as well as: speed, accuracy and consistency which provides a better consumer experience.

IF AI mess up then how many times does it need to mess up before it gets fired

more equipment means more repairs and maintenance

Then the contractor charges 150 bucks and hour which means he will be there for a couple of hours or more

He could ask AI "What is the problem and what would be the best way to fix that problem"

of course to ensure the burgers and fries are up to standard, the contractor has to do a taste test and will need a bag to take some home.

California's higher standard of living will result in big problems such as this coming to Cal first.

As has been tradition in America for decades, nothing will be done to upset the border situation that ensures Americans can eat. (hamburgers mostly)
This is the dumbest fucking thing you have ever tried to say, cuck face.

Cali is a mess.They have near $40 billion deficit, they have an ongoing water shortage, they have a shrinking population, the highest state/local tax rate in the country, and in 11 years only millionaires will be able to afford to buy a car in the state because less expensive ICE vehicles will be banned. For a state that claims to be progressive, they institute egregiously regressive policies. Only Hawaii has higher gas prices. Yeah, it’s a mess.

That 20 dollars an hour is just the base salary that the employ takes home less taxes, while all the additional benefits the consumer never sees. So really someone in Californication makes total 35 dollars per hour worked which is why Californication is going robotic. In 10 years those Robots wont be striking for better wages or eating the business out of business...

And do they have another robot to keep all these machines clean?

And how does a robot recognize a dead rat fallen into the fryer, or a dog hair, dead bug or metal filing in my burger?
Considering that the largest contributor to adulterated food comes from employees the robot cannot do worse.

Nope - it's that they can't find employees even at $20/hr.

Oh hell yeah, we likes them burgers and fries.

Forum List

Back