CDZ Abortion & Deadbeat Dads

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
What do you think about the point made in the picture below?
Do you think it makes a good point? .... or the choice to abort totally different from a choice no to support?
Support why or why not.

My thoughts are, me are at the "mercy" whatever the woman decides. Is that fair?

Do you think it makes a good point? .... or the choice to abort totally different from a choice no to support?
Support why or why not.

My thoughts are, me are at the "mercy" whatever the woman decides. Is that fair?

Comparing apples to orangutans. A person's choice in the matter ends when his or her body is no longer involved.

So basically it boils down to it's the man's responsibility to keep the woman from getting pregnant, correct?
Because he really has no say-so otherwise.

Support why or why not.

Comparing apples to orangutans. A person's choice in the matter ends when his or her body is no longer involved.
Oh, come on! The reason was that they never wanted a child and would rather kill it than give it away. Better than birth control!

So, it's the mans responsibility to keep the woman from getting pregnant, but there are more birth control options for women... hmmmm.....

no, the argument is it's not a human life and it's their body.
their argument is if it's legal, then it's moral

So basically it boils down to it's the man's responsibility to keep the woman from getting pregnant, correct?

It's both of their responsibilities. That is beside the point.

So, it's the mans responsibility to keep the woman from getting pregnant, but there are more birth control options for women... hmmmm.....

Personal Opinion:

As being a man ( Yes Bonzi I am a man and straight ) I believe it is my job to make sure I am using the protection that I need to help prevent a unwanted pregnancy but also as a man it is my job to make sure my sexual partner ( yes a female human and not a same sex partner, blow up doll or animal ) is also using birth control that will help prevent a unwanted pregnancy.

So yes a Man in my eyes should be as or more responsible than the female but in the end I could agree both should be as responsible to prevent a unwanted pregnancy...

Well as I see it... the man has no say in any of it (if a child is conceived) - so, he has to deal with the woman's choice on either killing the life or having it, and then, financially supporting it.

Of course, when men want some, I don't think they think this thru.
I conceived my 1st with a married man, totally let him off the hook.
Some people called me brave.
Some people called me stupid.

men need to learn to control their sperm.....simple as that....once you give up posession of your sperm...the woman can do what she wants with it...

given the law of the land, there is no doubt.
I just wondered if any man had a valid argument otherwise (or woman)

That seems to be the case.

It is interesting that many seem to think that the woman has absolutely zero responsibility in this at all. Intellectually, I find this extremely dishonest. The woman should have the same responsibilities that the man has - as well as the same options. Realistically it is not tenable because you cannot (and should not) give the government the power to require a woman to have a child and should not allow a man to ignore the responsibilities that are necessary once a child is born. In the end, what we have is not ideal - a man is fucked once she conceives yet she is able to shriek the responsibility entirely if she chooses - but what would be better? Nothing that I can see.

Support why or why not.

There is no 'point,' it fails as a false comparison fallacy, one issue having nothing to do with the other.

Do you think it makes a good point? .... or [is] the choice to abort totally different from a choice no to support?

Support why or why not.

Red:
I think the image above is a curious piece of marketing. It's not clear to me what be the point of combining the two assertions and presenting them in in one picture. Whatever point(s) the photo seeks to make in total, I think it makes it/them poorly and incompletely.

I know the assertion "a woman who doesn't want to take care of a child is pro choice" cannot possibly accurately represent the thinking and/or desires of women who don't want to care for their children or who are pro choice. I know that because there are surely many women who are and are not pro choice and who do give birth to children, and who neither want to care for them, nor do care for them. Furthermore, the assertion gives no indication of whether the women to whom it refers are actually the mothers of the kids for whom they have no desire to care. Inflammatorily, it leaves that very critical factor unsaid. Though men don't give birth to kids, the photo's assertion that a man doesn't want to care for a kid produces the same inflammatory ambiguity in the statement about men and dads.

I also think that because the woman depicted in the meme, regardless of her views on child support or abortion, is pretty obviously a "counter culture" woman to some extent attempts to paint pro-choice women as being "weird" in some way. Consider how the meme's effect differs were it altered as follows.

upload_2016-1-17_22-4-59.png

So, what do I think at the end of the day about the meme/photo? I think it's something that, I immediately upon reading the text, I would have seen the silly childishness of the text on it, and thus I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Were I to have come by it on my own, I'd have looked at/read it, said "pfft" to myself, and perhaps said, "whatever..."

Pink:
Is "or" really applicable in the choices you've offered? The two options you've offered aren't mutually exclusive, no matter what one thinks about the "goodness" of the "point" the image makes or where one stands on abortion/choice.

Blue:
The choice to abort a pregnancy and the choice to be so-called "pro life" or "pro choice" are at least three different choices. Pro choice women can choose to have an abortion or not. Pro life women can choose to have an abortion or not. Advocates publicly -- that is, in the voting booths and marches of the world -- and what one chooses to do in one's personal situation need not at all be the same things. For example, a pro choice man and woman can very easily find themselves undesirably pregnant and they can elect to abort the pregnancy or not.

The point and assertion of the pro-choice crowd is that the woman/couple should have abortion as one of the options from which they can choose; they are not saying whether one should or should not choose abortion as one's approach to managing one's unwanted pregnancy.

For my own part, I don't have a problem with so-called "pro lifers" telling me "I" shouldn't choose abortion as the management tactic for an unwanted pregnancy. I absolutely have a problem with their taking action to prevent me from having that as one of the options from which "I" can choose. I also have a problem with "pro lifers" saying that because I'm well off, it's okay for one of my choices to be having an abortion, but for those less fortunate than I, the healthcare plans that pay for the rest of their medical procedures won't pay for an abortion.

Moreover, as a taxpayer, I'm even less keen on the idea of denying even one more poor person the chance to "keep as low as possible" the cost of supporting them than I am on the prospect of their having an abortion. As person who's raised three kids, I'm well aware that easily the most expensive thing in my life is my kids. Trust when I tell you the biggest "pay raise" I'll ever get will happen in a few years when my last child finishes school and moves into his own home.

The simple fact that nobody discuss is that unwanted pregnancies happen in part because folks are horny and want some play. In my mind, one aspect of the means for overcoming the consequence of hundreds of thousands of people obtaining some play ("obtaining" because if they want it, they will get it) is to make sure everyone has easy access to the means of preventing an unwanted pregnancy before it happens

Ancient and modern non-U.S. societies had and continue to have one means of handling the problem, a means they perceived to be one prong of the solution to the problem of unwanted pregnancy in one's own household: prostitution. No matter what one thinks of that "career," there's no denying that when managed appropriately, sex for hire overcomes the issues of unwanted pregnancy in one's own household. Here in the 21st century, there's no rational reason why we don't in the U.S. widely use the same solution, especially given the potentially non-invasive methods of preventing pregnancy, including the "day after pill," assuming one doesn't use prophylactics.

And before someone races to their moral high ground, if you must do so, realize I'm not suggesting at all that prostitution will eliminate unwanted pregnancies. I am suggesting that the service will move more unwanted pregnancies to a segment of the society that has, by dint of their line of work, sellers have already reconciled themselves to the risk that it will happen and makes clear from square one to a woman using a callboy that she need not expect support from her "date." (I'm assuming professional men/women of the evening, not streetwalkers.)

Simple, mutual responsibility starts in the bedroom. All manner of familial instability can be prevented with a) a condom, b) abstinence, c) birth control.

I will have no mercy on a couple who has unprotected sex with no intentions of having a child, when the woman turns up pregnant and the father is nowhere to be found. It's as if they think it will have no consequences in the end. Wrong.

Mercy is not to conceive a child and expose him/her to a life of instability.

Unfortunitly people abstain and exhibit disdain toward accountability and responsibility, its the new and improved American way. Take a look at the amount of federal funds, at the tax payers expense, go to birth control, and abortion. Then ask yourself just how responsible and accountable these individuals are. Then look at our politicians, they reflect the corrupt and failures of our society.

Forum List

Back