How America Lost its Mind

deal with your own sins

Jesus said to take the plank out of your own eye b4 trying to remove the splinter from someone else's.

people around here forget that all the time.. it's always

this person or group did horrible things 200 years ago so we have to hate them and reject them and never listen to a word their Church says...

Please

Spare me your fake indignation. 200 years? Try looking at far less time than that.

Oh, and I have no plank in my eye. And since I am not a Christian, I leave worry about my "sins" to others. That way they have plenty of ammo when they threaten me with Hell.

I don't know about your Jesus but supplanting it with Trump was a true mistake that will end only in sorrow for everybody if he triumphs.
Jesus will be remembered when your Biden is totally forgotten. Your Obama will be darker in the memory than he is in person. Trump won't be recalled forever.
So to divert to politicians makes little sense.
Jesus had magnificent lessons. Why forget those lessons?

Jesus will be remembered when your Biden is totally forgotten. Your Obama will be darker in the memory than he is in person. Trump won't be recalled forever.

Jesus is has been, and will continue to be known by far more people than Biden and Obama combined.

But the United States is not run by Jesus, no matter how much you may want it that way. Many people who do not believe in Jesus are American citizens.

You can be all the Christian you want, but you can't make me think your beliefs are any more special than mine in the Constitution.
I see education as how to obtain better fitting views, how to know more technical material and so forth. Beliefs are innate. You have not invented yours, you follow views completely. You allowed others views to be part of you.

Jesus is has been, and will continue to be known by far more people than Biden and Obama combined.

But the United States is not run by Jesus, no matter how much you may want it that way. Many people who do not believe in Jesus are American citizens.
My contribution was not about Jesus running the USA. My contribution is that his name will last thousands more years. Biden's won't.

They don't like Jesus. They like only themselves an the goodies life has to offer...

But Jesus never said to live for the goodies in life. In fact, he said to give them up...

It's not always easy but... america today is full of selfishness an materialism

The Prayer in the First Congress, A.D. 1774
O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle!

Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.

Amen.

Reverend Jacob Duché
Rector of Christ Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 7, 1774, 9 o’clock a.m.

They don't like Jesus. They like only themselves an the goodies life has to offer...

But Jesus never said to live for the goodies in life. In fact, he said to give them up...

I am not sure they dislike Jesus. More likely that they dislike his followers.

Worse is that America is loaded with opinionated people who suffer lacking good educations.

Follow your advice, please/

The Prayer in the First Congress, A.D. 1774
O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments;

I already don't like it. God does not reign supreme except in Heaven.

Here on Earth, unfortunately, sinful man rules.. does whatever the heck he wants and we are now paying the full price of that "freedom"

I am not sure they dislike Jesus. More likely that they dislike his followers.
it's the exact same thing

Maybe you should at least read this one psg in the Bible once in awhile

Mt 25:31

where Jesus says that whatever is done to the least of His people is done to HIM

Here on Earth, unfortunately, sinful man rules.. does whatever the heck he wants and we are now paying the full price of that "freedom"

So God punishes YOU for the sins of others?

Every person on Earth can worship God, if they want. They choose not to. Why do you think that is?

America lost its mind when it decided to ditch Jesus Christ.

First, I agree with this statement.

Second, the things you listed following it are way way down the road from the time we began to ditch Him for completely.

It would be interesting to hear what else, maybe in earlier times, you think constituted ditching the Savior.

By his own eternal laws, he can't violate the free agency of many.

The Lord invites people to come unto him. He can't make them.

That was Satan's ploy....to force people to obey.

That simply can't work in a system where you are allowed to demonstrate your faith.

But, should things get to out of hand, you have things like the flood. God did all he could to call his children back to him. When it got to the point where there was NO chance of that happening, he was forced to allow their destruction according to eternal laws.

He loves his children so much that he gives them agency.

But if they violate it, they do pay that price.

That is true of people and of nations.

Forum List

Back