A modest proposal to help negate the damage of Biden’s expanded child support

Maybe he’s advocating that other thing. You may have heard of it. It’s called birth control.
Interesting paradox for Conservatives

You condemn poor people for having children they can’t support. You call them Welfare Queens.

But if a poor person becomes pregnant with a child they can’t support……Don’t even think about abortion
If you want family planning services or birth control…..Don’t look for Conservatives to fund it

Interesting paradox for Conservatives

You condemn poor people for having children they can’t support. You call them Welfare Queens.

But if a poor person becomes pregnant with a child they can’t support……Don’t even think about abortion
If you want family planning services or birth control…..Don’t look for Conservatives to fund it
Oh please. In 99% of the cases, they became pregnant with a child they can’t support because they got lazy and didn’t use birth control.

I am Catholic, I don't believe in birth control. Do I not have freedom of religion, or is that dependent on how much money I make?
So you don’t believe in preventing conception, but you DO believe in abortion? yeah…….right

Oh please. In 99% of the cases, they became pregnant with a child they can’t support because they got lazy and didn’t use birth control.
How about married women?
They have unplanned children all the time.

Conservatives have to be consistent in their messaging

You can’t ban abortion and then block all the programs that will reduce abortion. Sex education, planned parenthood, free and low cost birth control, prenatal care, maternity leave, child care.

How about married women?

You can’t ban abortion and then block all the programs that will reduce abortion. Sex education, planned parenthood, free and low cost birth control, prenatal care, maternity leave, child care.
If they do, it’s because they didn’t use birth control. It is exceedingly rare for birth control, used correctly and consistently, to fail.

And stop lumping every conservative together, as if we all think and act alike. That’s the type of thing racists do. I‘m all for handing out low-cost birth control. (If I had my way, I would rather nobody have sex until they are 18, but I know that’s not realistic.)

And we don’t have to provide maternity leave. With low-cost birth control, women can have children only when they can afford it.

So you don’t believe in preventing conception, but you DO believe in abortion? yeah…….right
Quote me supporting abortion? Search it and good luck. Unlike you self-righteous Republicans, I have actually taken steps, and personally sacrificed, to prevent abortion. What I have said is it takes nothing to tell other people what they should do, and it gets you no points with God.

Quote me supporting abortion? Search it and good luck. Unlike you self-righteous Republicans, I have actually taken steps, and personally sacrificed, to prevent abortion. What I have said is it takes nothing to tell other people what they should do, and it gets you no points with God.
Wow. A slap in the face insult, and then a subtle dig about my belief in G-d. What a liberal!

So you don’t want people to practice birth control, and you don’t support abortion. IOW, you are OK with people having children they can’t afford, and making other people support them.

How about married women?

There are rules in life that we have abused. A married couple would be allowed to say a child was not planned. But they live within a rule of responsibility for that baby. These issues that were meant to soften the blow of screwing up has been abused and corrupted by the political class and many of the people who use it.

Wow. A slap in the face insult, and then a subtle dig about my belief in G-d. What a liberal!

So you don’t want people to practice birth control, and you don’t support abortion. IOW, you are OK with people having children they can’t afford, and making other people support them.
I think it is none of my business how many children people decide to have. If I think I can tell people how many children they can have because I pay taxes I can also tell the military how to construct their training program, I mean I pay taxes to fund them as well?

It takes a community to raise a child, period. I had six, and while I might want to take the majority of the credit for their success, I also know that I purposely raised them in a community I knew that would support them. A community that stepped up when the state tried to deport an illegal immigrant that happened to be the valedictorian of the High School. A diverse community, where children that didn't fit in in other areas were referred because of the openness and acceptance provided. A community where Bentleys are parked beside riding lawn mowers at the local high school, both used as a means of getting to school. A community where class means next to nothing, and graduation rates are among the highest in the state.

I tell you what I figured out early on, there is nothing more important than your children. There is no bigger investment that you will make than in your children. So, I spent a big portion of my life raising children, many years as a single parent. And like the bible says, they are now arrows in my quiver. And they are some big damn arrows. Doctors, two of them. Business owners, and many of them pay more in taxes than most the posters on this board make in a year. From where I sit, every dime taken from those "retirees" in taxes was returned in dollars, many dollars. In fact, it is their tax dollars that are funded those retirement checks, those Medicare benefits, and so much more. So, I see you as both selfish and short sighted.

Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Matthew 19:13-14

I think it is none of my business how many children people decide to have. If I think I can tell people how many children they can have because I pay taxes I canb also tell the military how to construct their training program, I mean I pay taxes to fund them as well?

It takes a community to raise a child, period. I had six, and while I might want to take the majority of the credit for their success, I also know that I purposely raised them in a community I knew that would support them. A community that stepped up when the state tried to deport an illegal immigrant that happened to be the valedictorian of the High School. A diverse community, where children that didn't fit in in other areas were referred because of the openness and acceptance provided. A community where Bentleys are parked beside riding lawn mowers at the local high school, both used as a means of getting to school. A community where class means next to nothing and graduation rates are among the highest in the state.

I tell you what I figured out early on, there is nothing more important than your children. There is no bigger investment that you will make than in your children. So, I spent a big portion of my life raising children, many years as a single parent. And like the bible says, they are now arrows in my quiver. And they are some big damn arrows. Doctors, two of them. Business owners, and many of them pay more in taxes than most the posters on this board make in a year. From where I sit, every dime taken from those "retirees" in taxes was returned in dollars, many dollars. In fact, it is their tax dollars that are funded those retirement checks, those Medicare benefits, and so much more. So I see you as both selfish and short sighted.

Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, “Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Matthew 19:13-14
First, I agree that under normal circumstances it’s none of my business - as long as they can afford to support their own children. Where it BECOMES my business is when people have child, after child, after child, even though they can’t support them, and just feel ENTITLED to being given other people’s money to pay for them.

Second, I see you as a sanctimonious Democrat (are there any other kind?) who just demands that OTHER people pay for them. You’ve got a lot to learn about economics, son.

Third, get off your holier-than-thou high horse and stop quoting the New Testament to me and what Jesus said. I’m Jewish, and it’s offensive when sanctimonious Christians do that - assuming everyone follows their version of the Bible.

Fourth, it doesn’t matter that the valedictorian was an illegal alien. He or she shouldn’t have been here. That means he or she ROBBED the American citizen who came in second from a scholarship that would have gone to him if the illegal wasn’t here.

Fifth, you had six kids? Did you support them, or did you take other people’s money? If you supported them, other than getting the free education, good for you. If you had six kids you couldn’t afford, and just figured you‘d take OPM, shame on you.

Forum List

Back