Zone1 A letter from a colonizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

In IQ and Global Inequality Lynn and Vanhanen argue that intelligence, as measured by IQ tests, is a major contributor to national wealth as well as to various measures of social well-being. They base this argument on the finding that nations' average IQs have a strong correlation with several such factors, among them adult literacy (0.64), tertiary education (0.75), life expectancy (0.77), and democratization (0.57). The book is a follow-up to Lynn and Vanhanen's 2002 book IQ and the Wealth of Nations, and expands on many of the ideas presented in their earlier book.[3]

IQ and Global Inequality responds to some of the criticisms directed against the earlier book. To address the criticism that measures of national IQ are unreliable, for 71 nations they measure national IQs using two different methods, and find that the correlation between different measures of national IQ is 0.95. As a further argument for reliability, they find that their reported national IQs are correlated with various measures of math and science achievement, with correlations ranging from 0.79 to 0.89.[3]

Finally, the book presents the authors' theory as to the cause of national IQs. They propose a model of gene-environment interaction in which high IQ leads to better nutrition, education and health care, further enhancing IQ. They also propose that the racial composition of countries is an important factor in national IQs. They base this conclusion on the observation that national IQs can generally be predicted from the countries' racial composition, and that national IQs of racially similar countries tend to cluster together.[3]

Last edited:
You sure about this. The first thing I will say is that I.Q is not a test which says what a person's intelligence is. It is more about testing what you know.

There is apparently more difference in the intelligence of blacks and whites within themselves than there is between them as a group.

An Intelligence Quotient, or IQ, is a measure of what psychologists call our “fluid and crystallized intelligence.” Put simply, an IQ test measures your reasoning and problem-solving abilities.

Last edited:
No, he means you. The right winger who employs illegals because you don't have to pay them minimum wage or provide benefits.
He doesn't mean me. And I don't hire illegals. I do have 20-ish legal immigrants working for me and every one of them, individually, makes far more money than you make, I guarantee you.

An Intelligence Quotient, or IQ, is a measure of what psychologists call our “fluid and crystallized intelligence.” Put simply, an IQ test measures your reasoning and problem-solving abilities.

IQ tests do not give intelligence score. There are several different things tested but the tests are on different abilities. Given that a few weeks of practice can increase your score by a lot, it clearly is not intelligence. If someone does the tests without experience in doing the things the tests are testing, they clearly will not do as well as someone who does have that experience and that counts for vocabulary as well, The first IQ test which claimed it could measure intelligence was a scam and they still do not. As the article I gave said they have been used to try and make people of different ethnicities feel vulnerable and to taunt them and though it has been more than shown that there is no significant difference in 'races' of people yet we still find every few years someone coming out with a 'new study' which shows that white people are more intelligent than black. They are never accurate and given that they are done and promoted by white people who are trying to put themselves above black people it would appear that they very definitely fit into the White Supremacist agenda.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
IQ tests do not give intelligence score. There are several different things tested but the tests are on different abilities. Given that a few weeks of practice can increase your score by a lot, it clearly is not intelligence. If someone does the tests without experience in doing the things the tests are testing, they clearly will not do as well as someone who does have that experience and that counts for vocabulary as well, The first IQ test which claimed it could measure intelligence was a scam and they still do not. As the article I gave said they have been used to try and make people of different ethnicities feel vulnerable and to taunt them and though it has been more than shown that there is no significant difference in 'races' of people yet we still find every few years someone coming out with a 'new study' which shows that white people are more intelligent than black. They are never accurate and given that they are done and promoted by white people who are trying to put themselves above black people it would appear that they very definitely fit into the White Supremacist agenda.

Affirmative Action..............evidence that not all people are equal.

The left wing in a vain effort to support their contention that all people are equal began some time ago to attempt to make i.q. tests irrelevant as they recognized that such tests demonstrate not everyone has a equal cognitive ability.....thus harming their fallacious theory of all folks being the same.

No one wants to be tested. we would all like to get a driver's license without answering questions about right of way or showing that we can parallel park a car. Many future lawyers and doctors probably wish they could join their profession without taking an exam.

But tests and standards are a necessary fact of life. They protect us from inept drivers, hazardous products and shoddy professionals. In schools too, exams play a constructive role. They tell public officials whether new school programs are making a difference and where new investments are likely to pay off. They tell teachers what their students have learned--and have not. They tell parents how their children are doing compared with others their age.

In the book "I.Q. and the Wealth of Nations" ---Lynn and Vanhanen test the hypothesis on the causal relationship between the average national intelligence (IQ) and the gap between rich and poor countries by empirical evidence. Based on an extensive survey of national IQ tests, the results of their work challenge the previous theories of economic development and provide a new basis to evaluate the prospects of economic development throughout the world.

They begin by reviewing and evaluating some major previous theories. The concept of intelligence is then described and intelligence quotient (IQ) introduced. Next they show that intelligence is a significant determinant of earnings within nations, and they connect intelligence with various economic and social phenomena. The sociology of intelligence at the level of sub-populations in nations is examined, and the independent (national IQ) and dependent (various measures of per capita income and economic growth rates) variables are defined and described. They then provide empirical analyses starting from the 81 countries for which direct evidence of national IQs is available; the analysis is then extended to the world group of 185 countries. The hypothesis is tested by the methods of correlation and regression analyses. The results of statistical analyses support the hypothesis strongly. The results of the analyses and various means to reduce the gap between rich and poor countries are discussed. A provocative analysis that all scholars, students, and researchers involved with economic development need to confront.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back