$175 premium for a young, healthy student? Thanks, Obamacare!

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
American media outlets were finally able to track down a mythical creature — a person who actually signed up for the Obamacare exchanges online.

But that person, Chad Henderson, admitted to the Washington Post that the premium for the plan he enrolled in was $175. Ouch! Wasn’t Obamacare supposed to lower premiums?

Henderson’s going to pay a $175 premium and he won’t even receive vision or dental insurance. He has contacts, so not having vision insurance is kind of a bum deal.

Henderson, as far as we know a healthy, 21-year-old college student at Chattanooga State Community College who lives in Flintstone, Ga., and works part-time at a day-care center, did not qualify for tax credits to purchase insurance, according to the Post.

Without Obamacare, Henderson could have received health insurance for as little as $44.72 on eHealthInsurance.com, according to Michael F. Cannon of the Cato Institute.

“I can’t yet say whether Chad’s $175 premium is the lowest-cost plan available to him through the Obamacare Exchange,” Cannon said. “[I’m in the process of researching that, and it’ll probably take a few hours.] But it’s probably close.”

Thanks to Obamacare’s community-rating price controls that take effect in 2014, Henderson’s cheapest plan option on eHealthInsurance jumped up to $190.23.

“So it appears that Obamacare quadrupled Chad’s premiums, and Enroll America thinks this is a success story,” Cannon said.​

of he could under law force his parents to keep him on their Cadillac plan

instead of the shitty bronze 5000 dollar deductible one

letting his parents absorb the cost of insuring him

That's assuming they have jobs and there are very few Cadillac plans these days.

That's assuming they have jobs and there are very few Cadillac plans these days.

once the taxing of Cadillac plans goes into effect

there certainly will be less of them

unless you are a senator a 1 % or other well connected person of course

who will be waved from having to pay the Cadillac tax

HC insuracnce companies can no longer CHERRY PICK their clients.

ERGO...healthier (often younger) clients are now in the same risk poor with sicker (often older) clients.

This has the effect of costing the healthier/younger clients more money.

ERGO...healthier (often younger) clients are now in the same risk poor with sicker (often older) clients.

So much for the Affordable Care Act, huh?

American media outlets were finally able to track down a mythical creature — a person who actually signed up for the Obamacare exchanges online.

But that person, Chad Henderson, admitted to the Washington Post that the premium for the plan he enrolled in was $175. Ouch! Wasn’t Obamacare supposed to lower premiums?

Henderson’s going to pay a $175 premium and he won’t even receive vision or dental insurance. He has contacts, so not having vision insurance is kind of a bum deal.

Henderson, as far as we know a healthy, 21-year-old college student at Chattanooga State Community College who lives in Flintstone, Ga., and works part-time at a day-care center, did not qualify for tax credits to purchase insurance, according to the Post.

Without Obamacare, Henderson could have received health insurance for as little as $44.72 on eHealthInsurance.com, according to Michael F. Cannon of the Cato Institute.

“I can’t yet say whether Chad’s $175 premium is the lowest-cost plan available to him through the Obamacare Exchange,” Cannon said. “[I’m in the process of researching that, and it’ll probably take a few hours.] But it’s probably close.”

Thanks to Obamacare’s community-rating price controls that take effect in 2014, Henderson’s cheapest plan option on eHealthInsurance jumped up to $190.23.

“So it appears that Obamacare quadrupled Chad’s premiums, and Enroll America thinks this is a success story,” Cannon said.​

as it turns out

he is a fraud working for "organizing for America" volunteer

which is pretty much how all of the leftists poster children turn out

what a douche bag

Sarah Kliff: So your dad says you haven’t purchased health insurance.

Chad Henderson: Here’s my response. Most reporters, I’m not calling anyone out especially you, they haven’t had access to the web site. They weren’t very clear as to how the process went. Most people have no understanding that it’s a two step process. One is you fill out an application. It sends you a notification received successfully.

The next step is comparing the prices, comparing all the plans. And that’s when you purchase the plan. I said I enrolled in the marketplace. I never said I chose a specific plan. But the number I gave you, the $175 or $200 or whatever, that is the plan I am choosing. My dad is choosing a different plan. So, enrollment meant that my application was sent and approved. That’s what I meant by enrollment. I have not purchased a specific plan. That’s what’s confusing people.

My dad was right. I have chosen mine. He hasn’t chosen his yet.

Sarah Kliff: So let me make sure I understand things right here. You went through the part of the website where you entered in your information and found out what you qualified for, and that’s done. And you got to the part where you can compare plans, but you have not purchased a plan?

Chad Henderson: We have not purchased a specific.The application has information and once you submit it, it reviews eligibility. Obviously I’m not eligible for Medicaid because our governor isn’t expanding it. And that’s what I meant by enrollment. I had assumed that I never said I purchased a plan or enrolled in marketplace. I’m not backing down on my comments. I have not misled anyone.

Sarah Kliff: I think where a lot of us got confused is you said you had enrolled in a plan when you haven’t purchased a health plan. You told us the amount of the premium you were going to pay.

Chad Henderson: I understand that. I was giving you guys a number as to what I’m choosing

Is Obamacare?s celebrity enrollee actually signed up?

a kid was bitching to me about the cost and that he would have to buy insurance

i laughed at him --LOL

and said dont bitch to me

you voted for this stuff

not once but twice

as it turns out

what a douche bag

Chad Henderson: Here’s my response. Most reporters, I’m not calling anyone out especially you, they haven’t had access to the web site. They weren’t very clear as to how the process went. Most people have no understanding that it’s a two step process. One is you fill out an application. It sends you a notification received successfully.

The next step is comparing the prices, comparing all the plans. And that’s when you purchase the plan. I said I enrolled in the marketplace. I never said I chose a specific plan. But the number I gave you, the $175 or $200 or whatever, that is the plan I am choosing. My dad is choosing a different plan. So, enrollment meant that my application was sent and approved. That’s what I meant by enrollment. I have not purchased a specific plan. That’s what’s confusing people.

Sarah Kliff: So let me make sure I understand things right here. You went through the part of the website where you entered in your information and found out what you qualified for, and that’s done. And you got to the part where you can compare plans, but you have not purchased a plan?

Chad Henderson: We have not purchased a specific.The application has information and once you submit it, it reviews eligibility. Obviously I’m not eligible for Medicaid because our governor isn’t expanding it. And that’s what I meant by enrollment. I had assumed that I never said I purchased a plan or enrolled in marketplace. I’m not backing down on my comments. I have not misled anyone.

Sarah Kliff: I think where a lot of us got confused is you said you had enrolled in a plan when you haven’t purchased a health plan. You told us the amount of the premium you were going to pay.

Chad Henderson: I understand that. I was giving you guys a number as to what I’m choosing

I wouldn't trust a progressive to tell me what time it is without lying.

Don't trust, but verify.

i laughed at him --LOL

you voted for this stuff

not once but twice
And he can't say he wasn't warned. Well, he could, because obviously he wasn't paying attention. Typical low-information Obama voter.

as it turns out

what a douche bag

I wouldn't trust a progressive to tell me what time it is without lying.

Don't trust, but verify.

everytime the prezbo gets on the soapbox

dragging some poor soul on stage as a prop

the right should put double on stage telling their stories of high priced premiums

very high deductibles

have to decide about buying expensive insurance

or break the law to buy food

as many visuals as needed

Funny thing, he isn't going to get any subsidies because his income is too high, didn't buy insurance when it was only $43 a month, yet he calls a 4 fold increase in premiums affordable.

Then again, he is actually paid to post by OFA on social networks and forums.

That reminds me of someone here.

390057-fry_futurama_gun_billy_west.jpg

Last edited:

That was a wonderful display of ignorance.

Cannon misanalyses the young student's possible premiums, and he admits that he does not know.

Yet our daveman daves on with the mischaracterization.

That's what he does. It is automatic.

Cannon misanalyses the young student's possible premiums, and he admits that he does not know.

Did you just stop caring about putting up a front that you're a "Republican"?

People on the board a day know you're a shill for Obama

How did he misanalyse them? Because they exposed the truth that Obamacare sucks?

i laughed at him --LOL

you voted for this stuff

not once but twice
And he can't say he wasn't warned. Well, he could, because obviously he wasn't paying attention. Typical low-information Obama voter.

It’s been called “Organizing for Action” since January, so they go back a ways. Henderson’s bio on the page also lists some of his activities within the Democratic Party in Tennessee. None of those things are mentioned in articles such as this one in the Washington Post. Ditto for this HuffPo article about Henderson. “Reporters” can be incredibly incurious when they apply themselves.

You’d think these things might warrant at least a tiny “full disclosure” kind of mention in some of the many profiles of Henderson. If the Republicans were passing this guy off as a “Joe Sixpack” type who was being helped by one of their programs, and his bio mentioned an affiliation with, say, Crossroads GPS, not only would that get mentioned in MSM stories, it would be the story.

But let’s wipe all that off the table for a moment. Using Henderson as an Obamacare “success story” is a joke in and of itself regardless of his background, according to Michael Cannon at Cato:

Comment from poster named "Hangfire" to this article: :lmao:

vThe guy is obviously carefully chosen.
Hot to the chicks.
Non-threatening to real men.
Absolutely gorgeous for the gays.
Okay, he's white but not White-White.
Fresh-scrubbed but not religious-right.....

Henderson:

http://michellemalkin.com/2013/10/0...osity-about-the-new-poster-boy-for-obamacare/

Last edited:

We don't have a Caddy plan and our kids (23, 20, 16) are all still on our plan (hubs, through work). Has that changed via the ACA? We haven't heard anything about it.

No shit. Our cost went up 223%. That is causing me chest pains.

Forum List

Back