Why I do believe in God

Edward_Palamar

Edward Palamar
Sep 7, 2012
PA, USA
I have come to the realization that I never deserved to be born, that I never deserved to be born again, and that I never deserved to be resurrected.

All of that is a gift from God, freely given in the abundance of His love, freely given in the abundance of His grace.

Everything a person knows or can know comes by way of perceptions. All perceptions are 100% subjective. One may talk about what one 'knows'. It becomes absurd when one insists that be the same for others.

I have come to the realization that I never deserved to be born, that I never deserved to be born again, and that I never deserved to be resurrected.

All of that is a gift from God, freely given in the abundance of His love, freely given in the abundance of His grace.

Why is that a gift from God? If God gives it as a gift, why does he then take it away?

Everything a person knows or can know comes by way of perceptions. All perceptions are 100% subjective. One may talk about what one 'knows'. It becomes absurd when one insists that be the same for others.

Who insists that you have to believe in God? No one ever strong armed me into believing...(shrugs)

Why is that a gift from God? If God gives it as a gift, why does he then take it away?
I certainly do not see life as a gift. It's just something you have to get through in order to get to the next realm. I certainly don't want to stay any longer than what is required.

I certainly do not see life as a gift. It's just something you have to get through in order to get to the next realm. I certainly don't want to stay any longer than what is required.

Why do you have to get through it? Why not just go now?

Here of course is the suicide argument. Religion has been the biggest push behind suicide being considered bad.

Why do you have to get through it? Why not just go now?

Here of course is the suicide argument. Religion has been the biggest push behind suicide being considered bad.

Put my family through something like that? That I didn't care enough about them to see it through till the end?

Is the loving god torturing you with life?

Is the loving god torturing you with life?
Nope, it's not torture but it sucks being surrounded by so many terminally stupid people that are so self-absorbed. It sucks watching good people having to struggle so hard just to eek out an existence and it's only going to get worse.

So it's painful and unpleasant and you want it over, but it isn't torture, even in the figurative sense.

Tough crowd.

That's a good way to shoot down the intellect from the start, the sign of a true agnostic; and agnosticism only seeks to sever the intellect from God, which is why all truly professed agnostics are at enmity with God.

The illusion of 'God'.

Intellect forms descriptions of 'God'.
Descriptions define and limit.
'God' could not be limited.
All descriptions of 'God' are illusion.

Why is that a gift from God?

Because like that to which Charles Darwin admitted, irreducible complexity has been shown, eliminating any random chance as explanation of the order of things.

Charles Darwin as a man of science endowed with reason and intellect could be shown that what has been foretold as the Day of the Lord is only 46 days hence, that faith in God is a gift from God, and that without faith one cannot perceive beyond the senses, but the choice to believe remains with the individual.

If God gives it as a gift, why does he then take it away?

Firstly, there is no "if" because God does not do anything out of necessity, He hasn't any needs.

The Biblical account of Job is a good place to start, Job 1:21-22 :

21 He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." 22 Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God.

Although God afflicted Job severely, Job was being tested by his Creator, and because Job believed, God blessed him more abundantly.

The formula for God's blessing is threefold :

1) He lifts up that which He is going to bless;
2) Then He breaks it;
3) And then He presses it down.

Zechariah 13:8-9 :

8 "It will come about in all the land," Declares the LORD, "That two parts in it will be cut off and perish; But the third will be left in it. 9 "And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, 'They are My people,' And they will say, 'The LORD is my God.' "

That "third part" is the foretelling of Jesus Christ's Redemption and the General Resurrection of the Dead.

God exist and Jesus is our savor, only fools can not accept it!

Christians see life as a gift of God.

Atheists see life as pointless, so they are eager to have abortions, euthanasia, and assisted suicide.

When atheists take over the government they murder human beings in the hundreds of millions.

An interesting concept, but I don't agree. If that's the case, then souls are created in living human beings not in a spiritual realm. It means you never existed until being conceived and growing into a human being.

Not talking about reincarnation, although many people believe in reincarnation, but the possibility exists that we already exist spiritually before mortal existence.

Forum List

Back