Why I do believe in God

Christians see life as a gift of God.

Atheists see life as pointless, so they are eager to have abortions, euthanasia, and assisted suicide.

When atheists take over the government they murder human beings in the hundreds of millions.
What about the death penalty? Who supports that? What about "collateral damage" with bombs, artillery, cruise missiles or drones? Who supports the deaths of those people?

The fact remains that if a person is spiritual, if they believe in an afterlife, then death is merely a transition, not a final end state. Atheists believe death is a final end state. They believe we're all walking, talking meat computers who cease to exist once our ON/OFF switch is switched OFF.

Because like that to which Charles Darwin admitted, irreducible complexity has been shown, eliminating any random chance as explanation of the order of things.
You should not lie.

It isn't a lie.

Charles admitted that if irreducible complexity could be shown, he would recant his theory of evolution.

Charles lived before the days of the electron microscope that shows such complexity in the microcosm, lived before the days of Hubble telescopes which show such complexity in the macrocosm.

What about the death penalty?

From

Divine Institutes, Book VI (Of True Worship) by
Lucius Caecilius Firmianus Lactantius

Chapter 20. Of the Senses, and Their Pleasures in the Brutes and in Man; And of Pleasures of the Eyes, and Spectacles.

"For when Godforbids us to kill, He not only prohibits us from open violence, which is not even allowed by the public laws, but He warns us against the commission of those things which are esteemed lawful among men. Thus it will be neither lawful for a just man to engage in warfare, since his warfare is justice itself, nor to accuse any one of a capital charge, because it makes no difference whether you put a man to death by word, or rather by the sword, since it is the act of putting to death itself which is prohibited. Therefore, with regard to this precept of God, there ought to be no exception at all; but that it is always unlawful to put to death a man, whom God willed to be a sacred animal."

I have come to the realization that I never deserved to be born, that I never deserved to be born again, and that I never deserved to be resurrected.

All of that is a gift from God, freely given in the abundance of His love, freely given in the abundance of His grace.
Yes, this is called the Grace Of God.

We are given all these things by the Grace Of God.

Everything a person knows or can know comes by way of perceptions. All perceptions are 100% subjective. One may talk about what one 'knows'. It becomes absurd when one insists that be the same for others.
That's a good way to shoot down the intellect from the start, the sign of a true agnostic; and agnosticism only seeks to sever the intellect from God, which is why all truly professed agnostics are at enmity with God.
Agnostics are just scientists who have erroneously made science their religion.

Religion, science, and philosophy must always be kept separate.

They are completely separate things.

Religion is pure faith.

Science is pure Empiricism.

Philosophy is pure logical speculation.

I have come to the realization that I never deserved to be born, that I never deserved to be born again, and that I never deserved to be resurrected.

All of that is a gift from God, freely given in the abundance of His love, freely given in the abundance of His grace.

Why is that a gift from God?

Because like that to which Charles Darwin admitted, irreducible complexity has been shown, eliminating any random chance as explanation of the order of things.

Charles Darwin as a man of science endowed with reason and intellect could be shown that what has been foretold as the Day of the Lord is only 46 days hence, that faith in God is a gift from God, and that without faith one cannot perceive beyond the senses, but the choice to believe remains with the individual.

If God gives it as a gift, why does he then take it away?

Firstly, there is no "if" because God does not do anything out of necessity, He hasn't any needs.

The Biblical account of Job is a good place to start, Job 1:21-22 :

21 He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." 22 Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God.

Although God afflicted Job severely, Job was being tested by his Creator, and because Job believed, God blessed him more abundantly.

The formula for God's blessing is threefold :

1) He lifts up that which He is going to bless;
2) Then He breaks it;
3) And then He presses it down.

Zechariah 13:8-9 :

8 "It will come about in all the land," Declares the LORD, "That two parts in it will be cut off and perish; But the third will be left in it. 9 "And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, 'They are My people,' And they will say, 'The LORD is my God.' "

That "third part" is the foretelling of Jesus Christ's Redemption and the General Resurrection of the Dead.
I like the story of Job because it is an exercise in courage.

I like the story of the Good Samaritan better however because it shows us how we should act towards others.

Both are useful ideals -- both Job and the Good Samaritan.

We have come full tilt : the Lord Jesus has returned carrying government upon His shoulders.
Jesus was actually very apolitical and there is no reason to suspect that he has changed.

He said render to Caesar that which is Caesar's.

Presumably this means taxes and other duties and loyalties as well.

Unlike Judaism and Islam which are theocracies, Christianity is apolitical.

Killing is an activity reserved to the following individuals:

1 - soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, and coast guardsmen

2 - police

3 - prison executioners

4 - physicians

5 - the CIA

6 - anyone in self defense of their own life, their family, or their friends.

From

Chapter 20. Of the Senses, and Their Pleasures in the Brutes and in Man; And of Pleasures of the Eyes, and Spectacles.

"For when Godforbids us to kill, He not only prohibits us from open violence, which is not even allowed by the public laws, but He warns us against the commission of those things which are esteemed lawful among men. Thus it will be neither lawful for a just man to engage in warfare, since his warfare is justice itself, nor to accuse any one of a capital charge, because it makes no difference whether you put a man to death by word, or rather by the sword, since it is the act of putting to death itself which is prohibited. Therefore, with regard to this precept of God, there ought to be no exception at all; but that it is always unlawful to put to death a man, whom God willed to be a sacred animal."
So you agree the Bible says killing other human beings is a sacrilege?

1 - soldiers

2 - police

3 - prison executioners

4 - physicians

5 - the CIA

7. Abortion doctors.

8. Assisted suicide practitioners. Anyone who supplies such equipment.

9. Anyone who signs a paper "pulling the plug".

10. Any medical person who "pulls the plug".

Ok I think this thread is all caught up now on doctrines related to killing and to Christianity.

We can debate further if need be.

1 - soldiers

2 - police

3 - prison executioners

4 - physicians

5 - the CIA

7. Abortion doctors.

8. Assisted suicide practitioners. Anyone who supplies such equipment.

9. Anyone who signs a paper "pulling the plug".

10. Any medical person who "pulls the plug".
Yup I covered all those doctors under "physicians".

From

It sounds like he agrees with you.

However the notion itself is false.

As Ecclesiastes tells us, there is a time for killing.

Ok I think this thread is all caught up now on doctrines related to killing and to Christianity.

We can debate further if need be.
Caught up? Please give a summation of where we are on the issue.
The thread is short enough so that you can go through and read all the posts.

In summary, there is a time for killing.

And also, you must not mix religion, science, and philosophy -- they must be kept separate.

From

It sounds like he agrees with you.

However the notion itself is false.

As Ecclesiastes tells us, there is a time for killing.
Let's be clear here: there is what modern Christians interpret from a book handpick and edited by a bunch of pre-Catholic white men in 325AD and there are my beliefs. Those two concepts don't always match up.

My point with your list is that most "modern" Christians are as hypocritical as Liberals. Liberals want to rewrite the Constitution's Second Amendment, but want to leave all the Amendments they use alone. "Modern" Christians was to cherry-pick from the Bible all the rules that allow them to kill who they don't like, but prohibit others from killing those they do like.

And also, you must not mix religion, science, and philosophy -- they must be kept separate.
Agreed on "a time for killing".

Disagreed on mixing religion, science and philosophy. There are points of intersection which can be observed. Obviously those points are less with Biblical literalists, however they still intersect. An example is dietary restrictions such as eating pork (trichinosis) or shellfish (Salmonella, E. coli and hepatitis A virus). Modern medicine and medical treatments (aka Science) have reduced those past hazards to the point where it is safe to eat them. Even Biblical literalists much down on BBQ pork sammiches and Shrimp Po'boys while they are bitching about abortions and gays.

Agreed on "a time for killing".

Disagreed on mixing religion, science and philosophy. There are points of intersection which can be observed. Obviously those points are less with Biblical literalists, however they still intersect. An example is dietary restrictions such as eating pork (trichinosis) or shellfish (Salmonella, E. coli and hepatitis A virus). Modern medicine and medical treatments (aka Science) have reduced those past hazards to the point where it is safe to eat them. Even Biblical literalists much down on BBQ pork sammiches and Shrimp Po'boys while they are bitching about abortions and gays.
It is hard to tell whether Moses came up with all the rules in the early Tenakh on his own or whether some God YHVH gave them to him.

Granted that pigs and crustaceans are bottom feeders and therefore not healthy to eat.

But a nice healthy island or forest pig has no such risks, just the ones that hang around cities and towns.

You absolutely must keep religion, science, and philosophy separate. There is no excuse for mixing them.

I can see that you are a truly lost person, Edward. You're signature is quoting false prophets / false teachers and a false religion.

As for you believing in God. The devils believe in God. So what? Have they obtained everlasting life through Jesus Christ? No.

It is written:
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
James 2:19

How can you be born again and remain in such false beliefs? Wouldn't you depart from iniquity if you were a true Believer?

Wouldn't you depart from a religion that denies Jesus Christ and His Word if you were truly born again?

Did you ever consider the judgment that awaits those who mislead others with error, Edward? You're only heaping up more judgment upon yourself with every step you take. Stop and think about this.

You're not alone. There are many worldly Christians who won't be able to enter into the kingdom of heaven either. So what must you do? Listen to this video and see if this man is describing your current lifestyle. If he is? You're in big trouble.

Forum List

Back