Which one of these was the worst president ever?

Which President Was the Worst

• Richard Milhous Nixon

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 38 37.6%
  • George Walker Bush

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • James Earl "Jimmy" Carter

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Thomas Woodrow Wilson

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
I/m surprised no one mentioned Lyndon Johnson. The Great Society programs he pushed have been grossly expensive disasters. Nixon was bad,but not for the reason everyone thinks. He largely produced the federal agencies we have now.
Carter was merely ineffectual.

Obama however combines the worst of all of them. He cannot distinguish friends from allies. He cannot formulate a coherent policy. In the health care debate he largely left it to the Dems in Congress to craft a program. He never would weigh in on public option. His economic policies have long been discredited and have produced the expensive failures we ahve seen already. His other proposals have limited the liberty to conduct business in this country, makihng everyone poorer. He cannot get a trade agreement previously negotiated through Congress.
A towering example of arrogant, inept, and wrong-headed all at once.
No, the Nobel Prize for Stupidity goes to Barack Hussein Obama jr.

Actually, I did list Lyndon Johnson as the third worst, just behind Obama, for the very reason you state. Obama is worse than Johnson, in my opinion, for resurrecting a failed paradigm with a vengeance just for starters. Nixon was bad for putting some real teeth in a number of obstructive bureaucracies, his own egregious flirtation with Keynesianism and for the cowardice of Détente, which worked to prop up the Soviet Union. Carter was ineffectual, alright, but also destructive. His idiocy continues to plague us in the Middle East.

See link: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...s-the-worst-president-ever-2.html#post3697623

Also: Wilson and Carter were cut from the same cloth: preachy little pricks who looked down on average Americans with contempt. Can't stand the type, Pollyannaish, moralizing bastards. :lol:

Wilson's successful campaign for the ratification of the Sixteenth Amendment is the most destructive act of any president in the history of the nation. The subsequent, predictable, heavy-handed policies of the Fair Deal and the Great Society, for example, indeed, the bureaucratic nightmare that has grown up around the federal income tax system, stem from this disaster.

A totally non-partisan answer: A tie between LBJ and Reagan.

LBJ for solidifying 'we were born in a revolution and we'll die in a foreign war' foreign policy trend, that continues to this day........
Reagan for christening the financial 'globalization train' that has long ago left the station and is far down the tracks.

And the alternative to globalization was....? What? Tariffs? If they worked well E.Germany would be an economic powerhouse today.

In my life; Carter

His run is the only time I heard "Misery index" get used.

On the list; Wilson

but truly, The first American tyrant FDR belongs on that list.

LOL, I almost put FDR on my list but I didn't want to deal with the flood of attacks from Libs who have been taught that FDR was our greatest president. Who single handedly saved us from the Depression and Nazism.

As far as lasting damage to our system done, FDR is hard to rival.

he saved us from the depression by getting us involved in a war with the Nazis.

Japan attacked us and we attacked Germany b/c they were allies.

In my life; Carter

On the list; Wilson

LOL, I almost put FDR on my list but I didn't want to deal with the flood of attacks from Libs who have been taught that FDR was our greatest president. Who single handedly saved us from the Depression and Nazism.

FDR got us involved in ww2 before the U.S was actually at war with anyone...they were giving the coordinates for German subs to the English allowing them to sink them,they were pushing for war against Germany because the Jews in the administration saw a strong white nation fighting against the evils of international jewry and wanted it stopped.FDR knew damn well the Japs were going to attack pearl harbor but he didn't stop it because he needed something like that to be given an actual reason to declare war...Just another false flag attack like a few others in this country in the past few decades.

NONE OF THE ABOVE...

Warren Harding. I am not sure it is even possible to be any worse. C'mon, he gambled, drank and allowed his friends to outright steal money out of the treasury...no one is even close to the corruption of Harding.

Obama and Bush...for God's sake...really?

Sure. But you're describing petty larcenies and debauched behavior. Everyone knows what a clown Harding was.

But these things are nothing compared to adverse policies with real teeth and long-term consequences.

Well if you go that route, then I would say Buchanan. It is arguable of course, but the civil war may not have happened or been much smaller if not for his failure to properly engage in the issue. he saw the nation falling apart but refused to do anything about it at a time in which it could have been stopped.

In my life; Carter

On the list; Wilson

Damn, I knew you were stupid, but I did not realize you were this stupid. Germany declared war on us, before we ever declared war on them.

Damn, I knew you were stupid, but I did not realize you were this stupid. Germany declared war on us, before we ever declared war on them.

damn you are fully brain washed

Japan attacked us and declared war, we responded in kind to Japan. Germany never attacked, but did declare war, but we attacked Germany.

Why?

It would require more supplies. both and Navy and an Army with tanks, expensive tanks that pulled us out of the Depression.

If FDR wasn't a complete fuck up, he would have done like the rest of the world did and pulled out of the Depression 10 years before WW2. But he didn't. That tyrant tried to spend his way out and failed, kept spending and kept failing.

He "gave" everyone just enough to get by, but not enough to succeed.

FDR was our first Tyrant and Obama is following in his footsteps.

There is no "worst". There is media hype and selective history but there is no "worst" president. History acknowledges that the Grant administration was the most corrupt in history but history also concedes that Grant was the reason the North won the Civil War. Liberal academic Woodie Wilson told Americans that America would never send it's Troops to fight in a foreign war. Next thing you know American Dough Boys lost 100,000 defending France. FDR had three terms to get ready for the inevitable war with Japan but the old man who may have been suffering from a series of strokes blamed Hawaii Military personnel for the criminal negligence that led to the Pearl Harbor debacle. Anyone remember what caused Nixon to resign? It was mainly fiction generated by two Washington Post reporters. How could a fictional "informant" who's name was never released until he died and obviously could not answer probing questions be the source of information? It can if the entire media goes along with the scam. How many people knew that Karl Marx Bernstein was a "red diaper baby" who's parents were card carrying communists and that he was brought up with a hatred for Nixon who was an anti-communist federal prosecutor? ...Truth is often stranger than pop-history.

There should be a limit of no president in the last 20 years. Too close in history. So from Washington to Reagan should be the realm of the test for proper historical hindsight.

So I'd have to put down.

1. Woodrow Wilson
2. FDR
3. LBJ
4. Jimmeh Carter

Last edited:
NONE OF THE ABOVE...

Warren Harding. I am not sure it is even possible to be any worse. C'mon, he gambled, drank and allowed his friends to outright steal money out of the treasury...no one is even close to the corruption of Harding.

Obama and Bush...for God's sake...really?

While there were plenty of scandals with Harding, there were also enough pluses to keep him from the ranks of a Wilson, Nixon, or Carter. Hell, I can't really even cotton to naming Nixon, since presidents aren't ranked on the president alone, but the administration. In Nixon the person deserves bottom ranking, but the administration? China wouldn't be where it is today, if not for Kissinger and Nixon. Glasnost wouldn't have entered the common lexicon without them.

And in response we attacked Algeria and Morrocco.

Not complaining... it was the right thing to do.

For the first time in US history, a President began two wars and then handed a huge tax cut to the wealthiest Americans. The results was a near depression economy that we will struggle to overcome for years. Never elect a recovering alcoholic as President.

Carter but Obama's term is not up yet. Plenty of damage to do in the next 18 months.

For the first time in US history, a President began two wars and then handed a huge tax cut to the wealthiest Americans. The results was a near depression economy that we will struggle to overcome for years. Never elect a recovering alcoholic as President.

Taxing the wealthiest Americans is not going to solve our spending problem.

Taxing the wealthiest Americans is not going to solve our spending problem.

Neither is throwing money at problems...

Forum List

Back