Which one of these was the worst president ever?

Which President Was the Worst

• Richard Milhous Nixon

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 38 37.6%
  • George Walker Bush

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • James Earl "Jimmy" Carter

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Thomas Woodrow Wilson

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
Feel free to discuss why you picked them.

I'll put up 5.

PLYMCO PILGRIM,

(1) In the poll, you stated "which one was the "WORST"..... that implies ONE. Unless you think there was a TIE.

(2) In your post, when you state "Feel free to discuss why you picked "THEM" ...... that message is unclear.

It could mean YOU (plural form) discuss why YOU (plural form) picked them, i.e., "YOU POLL-TAKERS" ......in which case (1) interpretation is valid.

On the other hand, a person who wasn't being precise, or not paying attention, could've have chosen MORE THAN ONE CHOICE ...... or perhaps you (the author) might have made an error. IOW, a single poll taker can choose more than one of those listed.

I realize that I'm being kinda nitpicky, but this poll being important to me, I want to make sure my interpretation is correct.

Please clarify.

By the time FDR got in, the Pubs had totally destroyed the economy with inaction. FDR saved millions- thank god this time the Demsgot in in time to avert a full fledged depression. Pubs- always a disaster. Boom and bust deregulation, overreaching tax cuts on the rich, screwing the, regular folks, pollution and myopia, cutting corporate oversight, and either in foreign policy, isolationism or, later, adventurism and incompetence...pfffft!

NONE OF THE ABOVE...

Warren Harding. I am not sure it is even possible to be any worse. C'mon, he gambled, drank and allowed his friends to outright steal money out of the treasury...no one is even close to the corruption of Harding.

Obama and Bush...for God's sake...really?

Sure. But you're describing petty larcenies and debauched behavior. Everyone knows what a clown Harding was.

But these things are nothing compared to adverse policies with real teeth and long-term consequences.

Last edited:
I went for Obama over Wilson......For the sheer fact that there has never been a president more devisive or polarizing......Not to mention, the man spends like a drunken sailor, with zero accountability or knowledge.

Plus, the man is a consistent embarrassment to this great country......From accusing an innocent white cop, to the beer summit, to returning the bust of Churchill, to dissing the Queen with shoddy gifts, to his disgusting apology tours, to his having William Jethro do his talking for him, to his outright embarrassing schooling and history lesson by Netanyahu, Obama is a fucking yahoo!

Last edited:
By the time FDR got in, the Pubs had totally destroyed the economy with inaction. FDR saved millions- thank god this time the Demsgot in in time to avert a full fledged depression. Pubs- always a disaster. Boom and bust deregulation, overreaching tax cuts on the rich, screwing the, regular folks, pollution and myopia, cutting corporate oversight, and either in foreign policy, isolationism or, later, adventurism and incompetence...pfffft!

He did no such thing; his policies prolonged the Depression.

I went for Obama over Wilson......For the sheer fact that there has never been a president more devisive or polarizing......Not to mention, the man spends like a drunken sailor, with zero accountability or knowledge.

Plus, the man is a consistent embarrassment to this great country......From accusing an innocent white cop, to the beer summit, to returning the bust of Churchill, to dissing the Queen with shoddy gifts, to his disgusting apology tours, to his having William Jethro do his talking for him, to his outright embarrassing schooling and history lesson by Netanyahu, Obama is a fucking yahoo!

:clap2:

Well, I'll have to grant you, that's a pretty strong argument!

Obama is certainly outclassed...no doubt...but from a historical perspective, Wilson and his progressivism got this ball rolling into the giant tangled mess that we have to deal with now.

Are the people any closer to taking the advice of the Founders and abolishing this abortion?

...[From the Declaration Of Independence]..."That whenever ANY FORM OF GOVERNMENT becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Lincoln is the worst president ever. He destroyed a republic and turned it into an empire full of subjects rather than free citizens..

While Obama, and Bush would both be in my top 5. I don't think it is fair to either of them to rank them yet. I certainly think there have been some pretty bad ones in the past, Carter, Buchanan, for starters.

Bush was bad, but not close to the worse. Obama is bad, but not the worst yet, however he still has time to gain that honor. The Problem with Ranking Recent Presidents is the full ramifications of their Actions may not even be known yet. For Example I believe, but am not sure, that Obama's Actions will be extremely damaging to this country in the long run. Ask me 15 years from now how I feel about him and I am betting he will have gained on the worse some.

Last edited:
The aggregate presidential rankings from surveys are listed below. The number in parentheses is the number of surveys.

Wilson 6th (17)
Obama 15th (1)
Cartier 27th (15)
Nixion 32nd (15)
Bush 34th (6)

It’s too soon to rate either Obama or Bush. I would rank Wilson 6th. Cartier is bit high.

The worst was a tie between Harding and Buchansn

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surveys of a gang of servile toadies on the government payroll only show what the government wants you to believe.

W. -Hands down, now and forever...Wilson, the Treaty, and the League were ruined by myopic Pubs who started the great depression...very similar to Neocons, a disaster. Carter was unlucky -now we're paying the price still. Not Teddy's best years...Reagun's legacy is today's ideogical Pub mess...Obamahhhhh! The best is coming- Health Care and global competitiveness.
I disagree. Wilson played a huge role in determining if and when America would get involved in World War I. He was an isolationist at heart who attempted to keep America out of war. However, with the Lusitania, the continued harassment of American ships by German submarines, and the release of the Zimmerman Telegram, America would not be held back. Wilson fought for the League of Nations to help avert another World War which won him the 1919 Nobel Peace Prize. Senate's rejection of the League made Hitler's march to war that much easier.

During his administration the first income tax was levied after the amendment was passed. He lowered import tariffs from 41 to 27 percent. Also there was passage of the Clayton Antitrust Act, and the pursue Panch Villa into Mexico.

I think he should be ranked one of our better presidents.

This Thread should make Carter happy. I think doing an honest assessment of Presidents in Recent History. Carter was the worse by far. Obama is gunning for the spot, and Bush made a run for it, But IMO Neither has eclipsed Carter yet.

This Thread should make Carter happy. I think doing an honest assessment of Presidents in Recent History. Carter was the worse by far. Obama is gunning for the spot. . . .

And let us hope that he doesn't get enough time in office to displace Carter's claim to infamy in your estimation either.

I/m surprised no one mentioned Lyndon Johnson. The Great Society programs he pushed have been grossly expensive disasters. Nixon was bad,but not for the reason everyone thinks. He largely produced the federal agencies we have now.
Carter was merely ineffectual.

Obama however combines the worst of all of them. He cannot distinguish friends from allies. He cannot formulate a coherent policy. In the health care debate he largely left it to the Dems in Congress to craft a program. He never would weigh in on public option. His economic policies have long been discredited and have produced the expensive failures we ahve seen already. His other proposals have limited the liberty to conduct business in this country, makihng everyone poorer. He cannot get a trade agreement previously negotiated through Congress.
A towering example of arrogant, inept, and wrong-headed all at once.
No, the Nobel Prize for Stupidity goes to Barack Hussein Obama jr.

In my life; Carter

His run is the only time I heard "Misery index" get used.

On the list; Wilson

but truly, The first American tyrant FDR belongs on that list.

LOL, I almost put FDR on my list but I didn't want to deal with the flood of attacks from Libs who have been taught that FDR was our greatest president. Who single handedly saved us from the Depression and Nazism.

As far as lasting damage to our system done, FDR is hard to rival.

A totally non-partisan answer: A tie between LBJ and Reagan.

LBJ for solidifying 'we were born in a revolution and we'll die in a foreign war' foreign policy trend, that continues to this day........
Reagan for christening the financial 'globalization train' that has long ago left the station and is far down the tracks.

Forum List

Back