What is the first thing you think of when you look at this?

union-jack1.jpg

You asked.....

But if ya really want my thoughts on that flag.... its the flag of a lost cause associated with a bunch of asshats.

Oh dear, another bitter colonial that can't deal with the fact that their ancestors once lived under the yoke of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen.

Get over it.

And we're still going pretty strong for a lost cause, what with being the world's biggest financial investor in the US economy and lending our vast wealth of superior military experience to America in the war on terror.

Asshats, you say?

Pffftt, is what I say.

no more rewriting of history guys.

You want to live in this world you will have to accept science, history, the real definitions of words and quit spewing hate of education of all kinds.

You will never be able to pretend your false facts are true and get away with it.

No changing history and sceince books to fit you failed ideas.

Write history however it makes you feel good. As I said, I don't care. I know the history (so do you, you just don't want to own it).

I've always found it comical (literally) how Americans don't want to even acknowledge how they came to control "America", yet have killed millions of people around the world, including some of their own, for doing the very same thing they claim as righteous and just in establishing their own country and society.

Hypocritical, comical, and our true and naked legacy.

And we are doomed to repeat it.

"Full circle" (an Indian concept) for sure.

I'm not writing history, I'm talking about NOW. I never killed any Cherokee, have you killed any "whites?" Why can't you understand that in spite of our history, or maybe because of it, we need to stand together NOW!

And yet this thread (as expected) has been nothing but a bashing of Southerners for something that happened 135 years ago.

Is that "now?"

Nope, and I have not been bashing southerners

This thread is about rewriting history for politcal purposes.

You will NOT get away with this crap.

This is why the right wants to kill public schools.

They can then get people to teach there kids LIES at home so no one remembers the REAL history.

Swagger wrote:

Oh dear, another bitter colonial that can't deal with the fact that their ancestors once lived under the yoke of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen.
Yea......ONCE. Then your mightiest empire was beaten....humiliated.....by farmers......

Get over it.
So should you sir.
And we're still going pretty strong for a lost cause, what with being the world's biggest financial investor in the US economy
You sure that aint CHINA?

and lending our vast wealth of superior military experience to America in the war on terror.
Appreciated, but we do indeed have a "special" relationship, yall are the mother country as you enjoy pointing out. So really, what choice did yall have?

Swagger wrote:

Yea......ONCE. Then your mightiest empire was beaten....humiliated.....by farmers......

Get over it.
So should you sir.
And we're still going pretty strong for a lost cause, what with being the world's biggest financial investor in the US economy
You sure that aint CHINA?

and lending our vast wealth of superior military experience to America in the war on terror.
Appreciated, but we do indeed have a "special" relationship, yall are the mother country as you enjoy pointing out. So really, what choice did yall have?

1. We were rebelled against by treacherous colonists and anarchic Irishmen. Granted, the British Empire suffered an unexpected blow loosing the Thirteen Colonies, but it was cushioned by holding onto and exploring Canada, sort of.

2. Get over what? I've already come to terms with the fact that the Union Jack will never fly above the White House. I'm simply stating facts by reminding forgetful Americans that the eastern coast of America and the Pacific northwest were once colonies in the British Empire. It's something you should all be proud of, not ashamed.

3. There's a very big difference between lending and investing.

4. Indeed we do and long may it continue. Except your current president has taken a rather cool approach to what President Bush genuinely cherished and was openly grateful for.

Thank you, Foxfyre.

While JBeukema seems to want to relive it, you seem to understand that it is what it is, that we can't change it, and that it didn't just start in 1776.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and Tsa la gi u na de ti-yi s gv i (the closest thing to "Merry Christmas you're gonna get in the Cherokee language) :)

:lol:

We can't change the past. We can only go on from here and make the best of what we've inherited so we give the next generation something better.

"We" are the Cherokee (yes, I am Cherokee).

"You" are they who came to our land and took it from us, then act as if God put you here and you invented it or something, as if it didn't exist until you got off the boats.

Ever heard of Tsali? I am a direct descendant, so yeah, I know "a few" who died.

Look up Horseshoe Bend. That is when and where my family made a stand to what remains ours now, and where they made their way.

Those who weren't slaughtered, that is.

As I said, rock on. We'll still be here when you're finished with yourselves.

:rolleyes:

Swagger wrote:

1. We were rebelled against by treacherous colonists and anarchic Irishmen. Granted, the British Empire suffered an unexpected blow loosing the Thirteen Colonies, but it was cushioned by holding onto and exploring Canada, sort of.
Yall LOST, no blow, just loss. It was bad, we were farmers, book keepers, yall had the most professional, well trained, equipped, Army on Earth.....and still lost.....
4. Indeed we do and long may it continue. Except your current president has taken a rather cool approach to what President Bush genuinely cherished and was openly grateful for.
We know.....this American is sorry, for what it's worth......

This thread is about rewriting history for politcal purposes.

You will NOT get away with this crap.

This is why the right wants to kill public schools.

They can then get people to teach there kids LIES at home so no one remembers the REAL history.

Um, that would be "their" lies, and that's one of the reasons why people need homeschooling. I'm not on the right and I want to "kill" the public schools as they are abysmal failures. My son graduated thinking he was "stupid" and now is on the Dean's List at DeVry University. I'm not sure there is a way to fix our school system, it's gotten so bad. In fact in our city they want to build a multi level high-school on a swamp. There's a football field there now and they've conveniently forgotten it's was a swamp so of course, there's nothing in the design to support the structure on a swamp. Talk about a death trap for our kids. I've been trying to tell people but the newspaper refuses to print my letter and the school board doesn't want to listen. How do I know it was a swamp? We play "Tom Sawyer" there when I was a kid. We had a raft and everything. One of my neighbors remembers when they put the pilings in for the bleachers, a fountain of water came up.....these are the decisions of those running our schools and you think that's a good thing?

You talk to any college professor today and they will tell you about our public schools and their failure to make our kids ready for college. Even some of our kids came back to the school board and complained about how badly they were prepared for college.

Forum List

Back