What is the first thing you think of when you look at this?

The elephant in the room:

The silence is deafening

Okay, I give up. What is this one (since you failed to tell us in your link)?

naflag08.jpg

That's part of the point.

No one even recognizes a legitimate reminder of true hatred, attempted genocide, and indefensible aggression and thievery.

It is the Flag of the Cherokee Nation.

The US (ALL of the US, not the South, or the North) tried to exterminate them, then stole their land, tried to kill them again on the Trail of Tears, and imprisoned them in Oklahoma. No one blinked an eye.

But those darn Southerners and their slaves were really bad people!!!

The hypocrisy is laughable.

O RLY?

So anyone who doesn't recognize the face of an RTLM host is a hypocrite if they condemn Hitler? :cuckoo:

Wrong, dimwit, what would make them a hypocrite would be if they defended the acts against the natives.

So... cite where Maggie said the Trail Tears was okay.

Okay, I give up. What is this one (since you failed to tell us in your link)?

naflag08.jpg

No one even recognizes a legitimate reminder of true hatred, attempted genocide, and indefensible aggression and thievery.

The US (ALL of the US, not the South, or the North) tried to exterminate them, then stole their land, tried to kill them again on the Trail of Tears, and imprisoned them in Oklahoma. No one blinked an eye.

O RLY?

So anyone who doesn't recognize the face of an RTLM host is a hypocrite if they condemn Hitler? :cuckoo:

Wrong, dimwit, what would make them a hypocrite would be if they defended the acts against the natives.

Never said Maggie did or said anything. (In fact, Maggie was perhaps the most gracious, level-headed entrant in this discussion, even though I don't agree with everything she says).

I merely pointed out the log in your eye, and a few others. You forget that which you wish to forget, ignore that which you don't want to recognize, and condemn that which makes you feel superior.

Rock on, white man. We were here when you got here, and we'll be here when you're gone :)

O RLY?

Never said Maggie did or said anything. (In fact, Maggie was perhaps the most gracious, level-headed entrant in this discussion, even though I don't agree with everything she says).

I merely pointed out the log in your eye, and a few others. You forget that which you wish to forget, ignore that which you don't want to recognize, and condemn that which makes you feel superior.

Rock on, white man. We were here when you got here, and we'll be here when you're gone :)

There can be no doubt that the American Indians were grossly mistreated. But that is why my Color Guard opened the grand entry for a local Pow Wow this past summer. We can at least do that much. We did decline the offer to participate in the Veterans Dance, but I did post a little of it on Youtube if you want to see it. (the dance that is, couldn't record and carry the rifle at the same time).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMRe8L78M_8[/ame]

O RLY?

Never said Maggie did or said anything.

So you admit you were talking out of your ass.

Good, you're making progress.
I merely pointed out the log in your eye

You've any evidence I didn't know what the flag was?

You forget that which you wish to forget

Like Andersonville? Like Dresden? Can you name everyone ever slain during a Cherokee attack?
, ignore that which you don't want to recognize, and condemn that which makes you feel superior.

You're projecting again.

Rock on, white man.

You base this assumption on what, exactly?
We were here when you got here, and we'll be here when you're gone :)

Who is 'we'? Who is 'you'?

None of us were around to take a side. And to guess where we would have stood had we been alive then is rather hard to do. We don't know the feelings that went with the politics. I would like to say I would have fought for the Union. And if you believe in reincarnation, maybe I did.

I think I would have fought for the south. No I don't believe they hate blacks or that the war was about slavery. Especially considering 4 slave holding states remained with the north and their slaves weren't freed until AFTER the civil war ended.

Only 5% of our people owned slaves and of those 5%, some were black. Yeah, I'm against slavery, but I'm in favor of states rights and right now I think our federal government has deserted us. We're the only country in the world that allows in the low skilled to compete with our own laborers, thus keeping our wages artificially down and our unemployment up.

Worse, those people are sending those wages overseas, so it's an even bigger drain on our economy and our government doesn't just not care, they facilitate the practice.

Especially considering 4 slave holding states remained with the north and their slaves weren't freed until AFTER the civil war ended.
Which 4 states?

Oh Gosh, I've lost my mind and don't remember. I think it was Rhode Island, Delaware, Kentucky and and I've forgotten the other one. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

An interesting fact, Delaware was both the first state to outlaw slavery and the last state to outlaw slavery. The first time they outlawed it they had major economic problems and quickly re-instituted it.

The War Between the States, why?
The what? :lol: When did any state(s) ever declare war against any other state(s)?

Personally, it reminds me of the Confederate War for Independence

Also known as the War Between the States, and the Civil War.
Only by people who don't know what those words mean.

No state(s) ever declared war on any other state(s), hence there has never been a war between the states

no two factions have warred for control of the United States, hence there has been no civil war here

O RLY?

Like Andersonville? Like Dresden? Can you name everyone ever slain during a Cherokee attack?

You're projecting again.

Rock on, white man.

Holy shit, you like to listen to yourself talk. don't you?

"We" are the Cherokee (yes, I am Cherokee).

"You" are they who came to our land and took it from us, then act as if God put you here and you invented it or something, as if it didn't exist until you got off the boats.

Ever heard of Tsali? I am a direct descendant, so yeah, I know "a few" who died.

Look up Horseshoe Bend. That is when and where my family made a stand to what remains ours now, and where they made their way.

Those who weren't slaughtered, that is.

As I said, rock on. We'll still be here when you're finished with yourselves.

You're projecting again.

Holy shit, you like to listen to yourself talk. don't you?

"You" are they who came to our land and took it from us, then act as if God put you here and you invented it or something, as if it didn't exist until you got off the boats.

Ever heard of Tsali? I am a direct descendant, so yeah, I know "a few" who died.

Look up Horseshoe Bend. That is when and where my family made a stand to what remains ours now, and where they made their way.

Those who weren't slaughtered, that is.

As I said, rock on. We'll still be here when you're finished with yourselves.

No offense, but this was not "America" until the Europeans came over here and made it "America". They may have taken land away from the Indians but if they hadn't, my guess is the Indians would still be living in their teepees or grass huts, etc. Or maybe they would have died out as most of them were nomads who moved from place to place as they used up all the resources available. Think "Easter Island".

Also, I don't know very many Caucasians who don't claim to have at least some Cherokee blood. My husband is 1/32 Cherokee. In my family we're just mutts. We believe we either have some Indian blood or some black blood as my Grandmother was kind of dark and my Grandfather was disowned when he married her and never saw his family again until after her death.

My point is, there is no "we" and there is no "you" there is just "us". At this point, we are all Americans, if you have a problem with that, I'm sorry but it's too late. I think that we are all better off for the Europeans being here and making this into a major International Power.

Then of course, there is the question of who was here first? The so called "native Americans"? The Vikings? The Japanese or Chinese? Who the heck cares at this point? We are all here now so it's better to work together to make things right than to separate ourselves based on our ancestors.

[

Interesting. Where I come from, we are all people and try to treat eachother as such. Well,most of the time, at least. I guess I'll just never understand the racist perspective. :dunno:

Interesting. You're sure none of your ancestors ever fought anyone else and won- and never enjoyed the spoils?

And what makes you so sure my family wasn't here before the Europeans?

My point is, there is no "we" and there is no "you" there is just "us".

:clap2:

Then of course, there is the question of who was here first? The so called "native Americans"? The Vikings? The Japanese or Chinese? Who the heck cares at this point? We are all here now so it's better to work together to make things right than to separate ourselves based on our ancestors.
:clap2:

Forum List

Back