The party of Small Govt is at it again....in Florida this time

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

A bill signed Thursday bans local governments from requiring heat and water breaks for outdoor workers. And a bill DeSantis signed Friday strips local citizen police oversight boards from investigating officers.

So, via two bills the party of small Govt took away freedoms from smaller Govt and put all the power at the state level.

First off, why the fuck would anyone fight against mandatory water breaks in fucking Florida of all places. It is just not a good look.

But that aside, actual conservatives think that governing should be done at the lowest possible level. The state removing power from smaller governments is the opposite of conservatism.

A bill signed Thursday bans local governments from requiring heat and water breaks for outdoor workers. And a bill DeSantis signed Friday strips local citizen police oversight boards from investigating officers.

So, via two bills the party of small Govt took away freedoms from smaller Govt and put all the power at the state level.

First off, why the fuck would anyone fight against mandatory water breaks in fucking Florida of all places. It is just not a good look.

But that aside, actual conservatives think that governing should be done at the lowest possible level. The state removing power from smaller governments is the opposite of conservatism.
Does that mean the chain gang doesn't get water breaks anymore? :oops:

Does that mean the chain gang doesn't get water breaks anymore? :oops:

Who knows. It is just one of those things that makes me want to scratch my head and wonder why.

What is the harm if a city wants to mandate water/shade breaks for people working outside?

We are such a weird country sometimes.

Who knows. It is just one of those things that makes me want to scratch my head and wonder why.

What is the harm if a city wants to mandate water/shade breaks for people working outside?

I don't think this can go against OSHA or..that other agency regs legally.

Yeah, but he could win a contest for..................The most punchable face.
Which likely happened during elementary school.
That's why he is such an asshole today.
246717-image.jpg

why the heck should GOVT micro manage a landscaper?

where does it end you $34T bag of human vile?

It’s sad that this regulation was needed because some employers are such assholes. And even sadder that FL decided not to offer the minimum protections for its workers.

It’s sad that this regulation was needed because some employers are such assholes. And even sadder that FL decided not to offer the minimum protections for its workers.

where does it end pantyliner? They must send a bus to pick you up at home? Driving is dangerous? just SHUP you Govt stooge.

Forum List

Back