The party of Small Govt is at it again....in Florida this time

Nope, you still do not even come close to getting it.

And you never will.

Well yes, when it negatively impacts others, then that it when it should not. It is not really that complicated unless you are mindless drone trying to make a point...oh wait, that is what you are.
I think you structured this all wrong from the onset. I think we are all confused as to what your position on the matter actually is.
Let’s try this another way…since you’ve been enlightened, do you agree with Governor DeSantis…was he right to stop local government from acting as totalitarians and essentially running private sector companies?

I think you structured this all wrong from the onset. I think we are all confused as to what your position on the matter actually is.

No, I did not and yes you are. That is because you think governing should be done from the highest level while I think it should be from the lowest level.

Due to that divide between us you will always be confused by my position.

Let’s try this another way…since you’ve been enlightened, do you agree with Governor DeSantis…was he right to stop local government from acting as totalitarians and essentially running private sector companies?

As long as a law/ordinance passed by a city does not violate the existing laws of the state/Fed Govt and does not harm any other cities, then I think a city should be free to pass most any law/ordinance they desire. If the people of the city do not approve they have the power to get it changed rapidly. That is the only level where the people have said power.

If a city wants to make it a law that all buildings in the city must be purple, I think that is their right to do, even if it is a stupid thing. I know of a state capital here the city laws are that no building can be taller than the capital building dome. Should such a rule be allowed to exist in your world of bigger makes better government?

The city I moved away from in 2020 had voted to pass a 10 cent per bag tax on plastic one use grocery bags. That was their right and the state should not disallow such a thing.

It really is not that complicated.

Forum List

Back