What If Us Atheists Are Right? Hmmmm...

WELL if you are right no one lost a thing. But if we are right you have lost everything.... its a win win for christians

My response (on the other "what if" thread- didn't want to post the same thing twice)

Your respons in the link is so severely overthought, that it completely by-passes the whole point of believing in God. 1. God is just if you go to hell for not believing in him. He wouldn't be just if he let everyone in to heaven, even if they're bad. Would our justice system be "just" if it gave rapists and murders a $500 dollar fine and then set them free?
2. There's a reason it's called "faith." You have faith that he exists. Having faith means that you don't have to have 100% proof.
There's also the fact that God isn't the only being that has force over this earth. The entire Bible is filled with people being influenced by Satan. The whole Bible is filled with people being influenced by God...but ultimately...making their own decisions. It's the decisions they make that influence their sinliness or obedience.

No matter which way you cut the pie, it all boils down to...

If you're right, they there's no harm done...we all rot in boxes.

If you're wrong, then you've got a problem...whether it be you go to Hell for eternity, or some other punishment that got has for you.

Let's not forget that all Christian religions do not believe that you go to Hell for eternity...some believe that you go to purgatory based on the sins you commit. Some religions beleive that there are certain levels of Heaven.

It sucks that we won't be able to say we told you so. :tongue:

So what, if any person spends his entire life being civil to their fellowman, treating others as he would like to be treated, respecting his parents and those in authority over him.....Just what was lost? The world would have been a better place for the existence thereof...no?

Clearly the atheist is the one in the NO WIN situation...gambling their HOPE away, without any evidence at all. Living life with no MORAL fortitude, taking what they want because they can get away with it. I can think of many such men in history...the world would have been a far superior place in which to live if they had never existed....find just one example of a true Christian that you can say as much about....IN INTELLECTUAL HONESTY.

Last edited:
If a god exists I'll take my chances with him or her, rather than the thoughts of mere humans who all have different ways of interpreting the bible.

That aside, I'm 1000 percent sure there is no god - not in the Christian, or Islamic, or Jewish, or Hindu sense anyway..

Just fairy tales IMO.

Christianity would be nothing more than a cult if Constantine hadn't converted on his death bed...

So what, if any person spends his entire life being civil to their fellowman, treating others as he would like to be treated, respecting his parents and those in authority over him.....Just what was lost? The world would have been a better place for the existence thereof...no?

Clearly the atheist is the one in the NO WIN situation...gambling their HOPE away, without any evidence at all. Living life with no MORAL fortitude, taking what they want because they can get away with it. I can think of many such men in history...the world would have been a far superior place to live if they had never existed....find just one example of a true Christian that you say as much about.

Who says non-believers don't have moral fortitude? I've seen instances where so-called Christians have had little or no morals at all...

Your first paragraph could be about atheists too...

If a god exists I'll take my chances with him or her, rather than the thoughts of mere humans who all have different ways of interpreting the bible.

That aside, I'm 1000 percent sure there is no god - not in the Christian, or Islamic, or Jewish, or Hindu sense anyway..

Just fairy tales IMO.

Christianity would be nothing more than a cult if Constantine hadn't converted on his death bed...

I find that very funny and quite illogical...typical atheist, lingo. You are 1000% sure there is no God, but you profess to believing in NOTHING....yet, you BELIEVE that YOU ARE 1000% sure? And of course to actually KNOW this as a fact....YOU would have to have the ability of the DIVINE as professed and be OMNISCIENT....having all the wisdom of the universe at your command (logically, if you lacked even the slightest knowledge, that iota, might very well be the proof of God's existence).....THE FIRST indicator of DEITY.....YET...you do not believe in DEITY...but YOU ARE by self profession....in possession of divine characteristics? Please fill in the blanks......YOUR LOGIC, or the lack thereof, has lost me.

Last edited:

Clearly the atheist is the one in the NO WIN situation...gambling their HOPE away, without any evidence at all. Living life with no MORAL fortitude, taking what they want because they can get away with it. I can think of many such men in history...the world would have been a far superior place to live if they had never existed....find just one example of a true Christian that you say as much about.

Who says non-believers don't have moral fortitude? I've seen instances where so-called Christians have had little or no morals at all...

Your first paragraph could be about atheists too...

So...you prove your morality...by observing the STRAW argument that OTHERS lack morality? Real Logic...101. My dog bites......you have the same type of dog...therefore, even though I have never seen your dog...it must bite, because MINE DOES? One person dies on the operating table.....therefore...ALL surgical procedures are nothing but a death sentence? One person is killed by the misuse of Electrical Current.....All electrical current is bad, and must be banned from public use? You observe someone acting hypocritical in relation to RELIGION...therefore ALL RELIGION is bad and everyone that profess to such are BAD? Can you spell.......B I G O T R Y?

Last edited:
WELL if you are right no one lost a thing. But if we are right you have lost everything.... its a win win for christians

My response (on the other "what if" thread- didn't want to post the same thing twice)

Your respons in the link is so severely overthought, that it completely by-passes the whole point of believing in God. 1. God is just if you go to hell for not believing in him. He wouldn't be just if he let everyone in to heaven, even if they're bad. Would our justice system be "just" if it gave rapists and murders a $500 dollar fine and then set them free?

Holy Straw Men Batman. Nowhere did he say that God's unjust for not letting in murderers and rapists, although I find it odd that you jump straight from non-believers to bad people as if there's no difference. He is unjust for providing no proof of his existence and then saying we should suffer for not believing in him even though he supposedly gave us the mind to question his existence and he's omniscient to know that if he were to provide absolute proof of his existence it would convince the skeptics.

Also why should not believing in him be considered a sin anyway? He and his son haven't shown up for about 2000 years.

I find that very funny and quite illogical...typical atheist, lingo. You are 1000% sure there is no God, but you profess to believing in NOTHING....yet, you BELIEVE that YOU ARE 1000% sure? And of course to actually KNOW this as a fact....YOU would have to have the ability of the DIVINE as professed and be OMNISCIENT....having all the wisdom of the universe at your command (logically, if you lacked even the slightest knowledge, that iota, might very well be the proof of God's existence).....THE FIRST indicator of DEITY.....YET...you do not believe in DEITY...but YOU ARE by self profession....in possession of divine characteristics? Please fill in the blanks......YOUR LOGIC, or the lack thereof, has lost me.

What is illogical about not believing in a God? Where have I said I believe in nothing? Like typical religious folk, you believe that unless you believe in a Diety, you must therefore believe in nothing, where nothing could be further from the truth.

Why would I have to be divine to believe something as fact when it is scientifically provable there is no god? Somehow YOUR belief system allows you to be 1000 percent sure of something that there is no evidence of, but my belief system says I must be Omniscient in order to believe what I do?

Utter poppycock....

So...you prove your morality...by observing the STRAW argument that OTHERS lack morality? Real Logic...101. My dog bites......you have the same type of dog...therefore, even though I have never seen your dog...it must bite, because MINE DOES? One person dies on the operating table.....therefore...ALL surgical procedures are nothing but a death sentence? One person is killed by the misuse of Electrical Current.....All electrical current is bad, and must be banned from public use? You observe someone acting hypocritical in relation to RELIGION...therefore ALL RELIGION is bad and everyone that profess to such are BAD? Can you spell.......B I G O T R Y?

You are using the above argument yourself by saying - if you don't believe in a god , you have no morals. And you accuse me of bigotry. No, what I am saying is that having a religious belief doesn't give you a monopoly on morality, which IMO you were expousing in your posts...

Again, poppycock....

So...you prove your morality...by observing the STRAW argument that OTHERS lack morality?

It was you who assumed (without evidence and without building any case) that theists have morals and stating (as a red herring) that atheists have no morals.

Real Logic...101

You should enroll in it.

You observe someone acting hypocritical in relation to RELIGION...therefore ALL RELIGION is bad and everyone that profess to such are BAD?

That isn't what he sad, but nice strawman. Maybe it'll keep the crows away. What he said is that religiosity = morality. He also asked you to present your case for an inherent immorality or amorality being present in the case of all atheists.

Can you spell.......B I G O T R Y?

Seeing as you were the one who sought to paint all who disagree with you as immoral without evidence, it's somewhat ironic that you would accuse anyone of bigotry.

2. There's a reason it's called "faith." You have faith that he exists. Having faith means that you don't have to have 100% proof.
There's also the fact that God isn't the only being that has force over this earth. The entire Bible is filled with people being influenced by Satan. The whole Bible is filled with people being influenced by God...but ultimately...making their own decisions. It's the decisions they make that influence their sinliness or obedience.

No matter which way you cut the pie, it all boils down to...

If you're right, they there's no harm done...we all rot in boxes.

If you're wrong, then you've got a problem...whether it be you go to Hell for eternity, or some other punishment that got has for you.

Let's not forget that all Christian religions do not believe that you go to Hell for eternity...some believe that you go to purgatory based on the sins you commit. Some religions beleive that there are certain levels of Heaven.

whatever you think..... you will find out when the world as we know it ends. we cant debate much about religion one belieaves one does not. that is all there is to it. And in the end we will all find out.

Holy Straw Men Batman. Nowhere did he say that God's unjust for not letting in murderers and rapists, although I find it odd that you jump straight from non-believers to bad people as if there's no difference. He is unjust for providing no proof of his existence and then saying we should suffer for not believing in him even though he supposedly gave us the mind to question his existence and he's omniscient to know that if he were to provide absolute proof of his existence it would convince the skeptics.

Also why should not believing in him be considered a sin anyway? He and his son haven't shown up for about 2000 years.
he has showen himself in the 2000 years by the way.....

Doesn't really matter...If you're right, we'll all rot in a box just like everyone else...No harm done.

The real question is...what if you're wrong....?:evil:

No harm done unless you consider wasting time in meaningless religious activities.

If I'm wrong and there is a god who punishes people for not believing one of the religions that condemns people to hell for not conforming to that religion, even if I believed in one of those religions, I'd still go to hell for condemning a god who was a prick.

You mean the way many atheists do?

Just fairy tales IMO.

Actually, there is a 100 percent chance that there is a god ... of some sort. Ignoring all the myths and legends of religious zealots, there is something that is driving humanity somehow ... it's those who pretend to know what that thing is that give religion a bad name. The reality is, we simply do not know what it is. However, even from a scientific stance, there is a spark in humanity that does not exist in any other life form, and that spark is the "touch of god", so to speak. Perhaps we to will someday enjoy the power of an knowledge of whatever created us. But like all fathers, the dream of a good god is that it's creations will surpass itself.

Just fairy tales IMO.

Actually, there is a 100 percent chance that there is a god
... of some sort. Ignoring all the myths and legends of religious zealots, there is something that is driving humanity somehow ... it's those who pretend to know what that thing is that give religion a bad name. The reality is, we simply do not know what it is. However, even from a scientific stance, there is a spark in humanity that does not exist in any other life form, and that spark is the "touch of god", so to speak. Perhaps we to will someday enjoy the power of an knowledge of whatever created us. But like all fathers, the dream of a good god is that it's creations will surpass itself.
Need I ask ...

Link?

Last edited:
I think there's a 100% chance that kittenk is 100% convinced that he doesn't know what god is. Sound about right kk?

Just fairy tales IMO.

Actually, there is a 100 percent chance that there is a god ... of some sort. Ignoring all the myths and legends of religious zealots, there is something that is driving humanity somehow ... it's those who pretend to know what that thing is that give religion a bad name. The reality is, we simply do not know what it is. However, even from a scientific stance, there is a spark in humanity that does not exist in any other life form, and that spark is the "touch of god", so to speak. Perhaps we to will someday enjoy the power of an knowledge of whatever created us. But like all fathers, the dream of a good god is that it's creations will surpass itself.

???

What? Scientifically define "spark in humanity".

Forum List

Back