What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its all a scam using the so call widdle children as RAY says .

Really? There is an actual valid reason for separating children from their parents?

You mean from their criminal parents, YES.

They aren't convicted of a crime and if they don't demonstrate a threat to their children then their is not a valid reason. It's actually harmful to pull families apart.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.
God you people are stupid. Her point is about the kids who didn’t choose to be smuggled over the border.

You mean just like the children of incarcerated bank robbers...and how the piece of shit parents forfeited them to the system by way of their own actions?
So you’re equating bank robbers to people who want a better life for their children by crossing a border? God you’re fucking stupid.

Are bank robbers and illegal border crossers breaking the law? How Fn stupid.
Stop pretending you give a shit about the rule of law when we know white collar corporate crime rarely goes punished. You don’t care about that because the GOP hasn’t told you to care about it.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.
God you people are stupid. Her point is about the kids who didn’t choose to be smuggled over the border.

You mean just like the children of incarcerated bank robbers...and how the piece of shit parents forfeited them to the system by way of their own actions?
So you’re equating bank robbers to people who want a better life for their children by crossing a border? God you’re fucking stupid.

I think illegals are far worse actually.
Federal criminality = Federal criminal
What else can I teach you Loon?
Perhaps you could teach yourself about basic human decency and the grey morality of the law. It’s not like you give a shit about Wall Street execs for going unpunished with their past corporate crime. You would rather whine about illegal immigration like a little bitch.

Oh the LefTard logic...
Try to excuse criminality with other criminality...GAY!
“Grey morality of the law”
WTF is that...you Loons sit around in a circle jerk coming up with the craziest bunch of bullshit...hahaha

Immigrants are not ‘illegal’ until such time as they have been determined by a court of law to have entered the country absent authorization.

Undocumented immigrants are entitled to the rights of due process, equal protection of the law, and a presumption of innocence.

Undocumented immigrants have the right to seek asylum, apply for refugee status, and remain in the country pending approval of that application.

These are facts of immigration and Constitutional law, settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

The problem is there are those who wish to ignore the rule of law and deny undocumented immigrants their due process rights, such as removing from them their children before a determination is made as to their immigration status, as a ‘deterrent’ to immigrants coming to the United States.

In addition to being wrong and reprehensible, this policy also violates the Constitution.

That's why they're sending extra judges and prosecutors to the border, to expedite the process.

Perhaps you could teach yourself about basic human decency and the grey morality of the law. It’s not like you give a shit about Wall Street execs for going unpunished with their past corporate crime. You would rather whine about illegal immigration like a little bitch.

Oh the LefTard logic...
WTF is that...you Loons sit around in a circle jerk coming up with the craziest bunch of bullshit...hahaha
Lol god you are stupid. This isn’t hard to figure out. Should we treat someone who steals a candy bar like someone who raped someone? Obviously not. It’s amazing I have to walk you through this.

Oh the LefTard logic...
Lol god you are stupid. This isn’t hard to figure out. Should we treat someone who steals a candy bar like someone who raped someone? Obviously not. It’s amazing I have to walk you through this.

I'm not so sure it's all that obvious to them.

Stay on topic, we are discussing the separation of families.
Yes and catch & release, and its effects have much to do with separation of families. The reason why families are being separated is twofold 1) because the illegals chose to come here illegally, and 2) because they can no longer escape deportation by C & R poilcy.

We are subject to international laws.
NO we are not. And this is an important point. Leftists are internationalists, just like communists. They are, like Obama, "citizen of the world". But that is FALSE. We are Americans, not citizens of the world. And where international law and US law clash, there is no contest. US law prevails. That is how it is.

Anybody who thinks different from that isn't a true American, and they really should leave the US and go to where it is believed that international law is superior to that countries law.

In the USA >> "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States...shall be the Supreme Law of the Land" (US Constitution, Article 6, Section 2, part 1 - the Supremacy Clause)

Oh the LefTard logic...

Poor Loon...
There is a FAR greater negative effect for REAL American citizens due to illegal wetbacks. Few are actually affected by bank robbers / robberies. Think once Loon, this is simple shit.

Oh the LefTard logic...

Poor Loon...
There is a FAR greater negative effect for REAL American citizens due to illegal wetbacks. Few are actually affected by bank robbers / robberies. Think once Loon, this is simple shit.
You dumb fuck. Crime among illegal immigrants is statistically low but you believe otherwise because you’re whitetrash. The economy does better with illegal immigrants because of the agricultural industry. You don’t care to learn facts because you don’t give two shits about anyone who isn’t white or straight.

Stay on topic, we are discussing the separation of families.
Yes and catch & release, and its effects have much to do with separation of families. The reason why families are being separated is twofold 1) because the illegals chose to come here illegally, and 2) because they can no longer escape deportation by C & R poilcy.

Catch and release? We're talking about removing children from their parents, moving them to different states and not letting them contact their kids except maybe a phone call every couple of weeks. Then again if the child is too young to talk on the phone then we are talking up to a year w/out contacts. Now we're also losing those kids in the system.

We are subject to international laws.
NO we are not. And this is an important point. Leftists are internationalists, just like communists. They are, like Obama, "citizen of the world". But that is FALSE. We are Americans, not citizens of the world. And where international law and US law clash, there is no contest. US law prevails. That is how it is.

Anybody who thinks different from that isn't a true American, and they really should leave the US and go to where it is believed that international law is superior to that countries law.

In the USA >> "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States...shall be the Supreme Law of the Land" (US Constitution, Article 6, Section 2, part 1 - the Supremacy Clause)

I'm really sure what your post has to do with separating families. I guess you'll grab at anything to justify this policy that we have done to those who sought out asylum or not.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.
Republicans tend to lack basic empathy for things they don’t directly witness. They don’t have the emotional maturity or complexity of thought for such a thing. As a result, they don’t bother thinking about the well being of kids. They just know brown people have crossed the border and their GOP masters tell them it’s a bad thing.

The parents are responsible for anything that happens to the kids, they put them in the situation.

Using that logic we could murder the kids in their sleep and completely escape culpability. Your argument is weak.

Many are raped, beaten and yes some killed even before they reach the border. Many are trafficked and sold once they reach the US, brought here by people they aren't even related to. That's why Sessions is insisting on DNA tests, to prove paternity. Many are given to supposed relatives who are illegal themselves, that's why they don't answer when DHS calls to check on the kids. All because the parents or who ever they are are using them hoping to get a free pass to disappear into the population. Sessions isn't giving any more free passes.

Last edited:

Oh the LefTard logic...

Poor Loon...
You dumb fuck. Crime among illegal immigrants is statistically low but you believe otherwise because you’re whitetrash. The economy does better with illegal immigrants because of the agricultural industry. You don’t care to learn facts because you don’t give two shits about anyone who isn’t white or straight.

Haha...poor Billy.
You are so lost, confused, twisted and WRONG.
It’s almost sad that a grown man could be so fucked up in the head. Sorry Billy.

If he's so lost then why are you relying on attacking him instead of having a valid reply to his argument?

Republicans tend to lack basic empathy for things they don’t directly witness. They don’t have the emotional maturity or complexity of thought for such a thing. As a result, they don’t bother thinking about the well being of kids. They just know brown people have crossed the border and their GOP masters tell them it’s a bad thing.

The parents are responsible for anything that happens to the kids, they put them in the situation.

Using that logic we could murder the kids in their sleep and completely escape culpability. Your argument is weak.

Many are raped, beaten and yes some killed even before they reach the border. Many are trafficked and sold once they reach the US, brought here by people they aren't even related to. That's way Sessions is insisting on DNA tests, to prove paternity. Many are given to supposed relatives who are illegal themselves, that's why they don't answer when DHS calls to check on the kids. All because the parents or who ever they are are using them hoping to get a free pass to disappear into the population. Sessions ins't giving any more free passes.

None of this has anything to do with a reason for separating families, if you can't defend the policy then why post at all?

No it I NOT EVIL. And you are contradicting yourself. You asked a question which you yourself answered in your own OP> You posted >> "When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed."

This is nothing unusual. When US citizens are convicted of crimes, and put in prison, their children are separated from them. We don't hear many sob stories for THESE kids though, do we ? And unlike the illegal aliens' kids, the American kids have no choice in it. They MUST be separated. And it could be for decades, or life. Or the death penalty.

But the illegal alien kids have it better. They can choose to go with their parents. They are not compelled to undergo separation, as the American kids are.

And the illegals' kids really should NOT have that choice either. They shouldn't be here, because the birthright citizenship they claim is FALSE. It comes from the 14th amendment, but the 14th amendment was not intended to include the children of foreigners (so stated the author of the 14th amendment, Sen. Jacob Howard)

Really? There is an actual valid reason for separating children from their parents?

They aren't convicted of a crime and if they don't demonstrate a threat to their children then their is not a valid reason. It's actually harmful to pull families apart.

They should have thought about that.

Many are raped, beaten and yes some killed even before they reach the border. Many are trafficked and sold once they reach the US, brought here by people they aren't even related to. That's way Sessions is insisting on DNA tests, to prove paternity. Many are given to supposed relatives who are illegal themselves, that's why they don't answer when DHS calls to check on the kids. All because the parents or who ever they are are using them hoping to get a free pass to disappear into the population. Sessions ins't giving any more free passes.

None of this has anything to do with a reason for separating families, if you can't defend the policy then why post at all?

Yes, it does. You people are such foul liars.

The only ones to blame for separating illegal alien families are the illegal alien parents, who made the choice to come here illegally, disrespecting our laws, and us.

As for the aliens' kids, they have it no worse than American kids of imprisoned (or executed) parents, and they actually have it better, since they CAN stay with their parents if they choose to.

Not only is Trump’s hateful policy repugnant and reprehensible, punishing children for the actions of their parents is clearly un-Constitutional, as the Supreme Court has clearly held over the years (see, for example, Weber v. Aetna Casualty & Surety Co. (1972) and Plyler v. Doe (1982)).

Not that most on the right care about the rule of law, of course; indeed, conservatives are ruled mostly by their fear, ignorance, and hate – advocating that children be separated from their parents as some sort of ‘deterrent’ to immigration is a sad example of that.

No it I NOT EVIL. And you are contradicting yourself. You asked a question which you yourself answered in your own OP> You posted >> "When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed."

This is nothing unusual. When US citizens are convicted of crimes, and put in prison, their children are separated from them. We don't hear many sob stories for THESE kids though, do we ? And unlike the illegal aliens' kids, the American kids have no choice in it. They MUST be separated. And it could be for decades, or life. Or the death penalty.

But the illegal alien kids have it better. They can choose to go with their parents. They are compelled to undergo separation, as the American kids are.

And the illegals' kids really should NOT have that choice either. They shouldn't be here, because the birthright citizenship they claim is FALSE. It comes from the 14th amendment, but the 14th amendment was not intended to include the children of foreigners (so stated the author of the 14th amendment, Sen. Jacob Howard)

They are being separated before they are convicted.

They should have thought about that.

Before what? Escaping whatever hell they were just to find a better way of life? Or the ones who even go through the proper channels, they are still being separated.

Of course once again, using your logic the United States government could be murdering the kids and you think we would still not be responsible.

Yes, it does. You people are such foul liars.

No, it doesn't. Prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back