What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

Isn’t it time that bleeding heart suckers add some credibility to this whining by starting with the condemnation of the piece of shit criminal wetback parents first?
Whatta ya say...seem like rudimentary logic to you?

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

They don't see them as human.

Isn’t it time that bleeding heart suckers add some credibility to this whining by starting with the condemnation of the piece of shit criminal wetback parents first?
Whatta ya say...seem like rudimentary logic to you?

And another one who thinks punishing children is a suitable response. Way to go dude.

its just like the 'anchor baby' deal , mexicans drop an anchor baby and they have the Americans by the nutz . This variation of the mexican taking their kids to the border is , as i say just a variation of dropping an anchor baby . -------------------- as the mexican cries and says , you can't separate 'mamasitas' and widdle baby mexicans Coyote .

its just like the 'anchor baby' deal , mexicans drop an anchor baby and they have the Americans by the nutz . This variation of the mexican taking their kids to the border is , as i say just a variation of dropping an anchor baby . -------------------- as the mexican cries and says , you can't separate 'mamasitas' and widdle mexicans Coyote .

We can have another debate about birthright citizenship, this is another matter altogether so maybe stick to the topic.

its just like the 'anchor baby' deal , mexicans drop an anchor baby and they have the Americans by the nutz . This variation of the mexican taking their kids to the border is , as i say just a variation of dropping an anchor baby . -------------------- as the mexican cries and says , you can't separate 'mamasitas' and widdle baby mexicans Coyote .

So you are fine with taking young children from their parents and throwing them into our foster care system while they await hearings? 700 kids lost in our foster care network or housed in barracks apart from their parents. It's sick but you don't have an issue with it.

Dem setup. Show up with any kid, get a hearing two years out. Presto! Released into USA. don't show to hearings. They can't find all of them w/phony (or none) ID. Overwhelm the system. Vote D asap. the kids? who knows? Beaner just need pass to get in. Adios.

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

How about the unnecessary separation of children from their parents?

Unnecessary? Really?
“Parents” get caught robbing a bank...they’re prosecuted and sentenced to years of incarceration...do they forfeit their children to “the system” due to their own actions....or do we send the children to live in their prison cell with them?
Come on people....THINK. This is such simple shit.

Dem setup. Show up with any kid, get a hearing two years out. Presto! Released into USA. don't show to hearings. They can't find all of them w/phony (or none) ID. Overwhelm the system. Vote D asap. the kids? who knows? Beaner just need pass to get in. Adios.

That doesn't make any sense and it's just plain stupid sounding.

Deportations were way up prior to Trump - but they didn't seperate the kids from the parents unless there was suspician the "parent" wasn't the child's real parent. This new announced change is a departure.

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

Unnecessary? Really?
“Parents” get caught robbing a bank...they’re prosecuted and sentenced to years of incarceration...do they forfeit their children to “the system” due to their own actions....or do we send the children to live in their prison cell with them?

That is not the way the immigration system as worked before. The children and parents are housed together until they get their hearing. It isn't a criminal court system.

Unnecessary? Really?

In this case simpleton the parents and children are both in the same boat, now aren't they?

That doesn't make any sense and it's just plain stupid sounding.

Deportations were way up prior to Trump - but they didn't seperate the kids from the parents unless there was suspician the "parent" wasn't the child's real parent. This new announced change is a departure.
Obammy had crooks cook books. The only thing "up" was debt. Beaner drain treasury, vote D.

Jew make ASSumption, kids match beaner. no paper, no sure. All come in free. Wait slow costly courts. Who pays? USA pay.

Unnecessary? Really?

That is not the way the immigration system as worked before. The children and parents are housed together until they get their hearing. It isn't a criminal court system.

That's a very good point. Also, it's not even people trying to enter illegally. Even those seeking asylum legally are being separated.

USA: Routine separation of asylum-seeking families violates international law

Unnecessary? Really?

Welcome to law and order people...this is what shit feels like when you have a POTUS with a nutsack running shit.
This shit is super simple....DON’T BREAK THE FUCKING LAW and have no worries.
CAUSE AND EFFECT...we learned the shit in third grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back