What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

What makes it even worse is the fact that these children are being terrorized. This is terrorism to the hilt. The people involved need to be held accountable.

Let's see:

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    "the fight against terrorism"

Yeah, it fits.

Haha...here we go with this crazy shit.
LefTard-
Good, patriotic, positive contributing, REAL American = Terrorist
Federal criminals / illegal wetbacks = AWESOME!

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

How about the unnecessary separation of children from their parents?

Unnecessary? Really?
“Parents” get caught robbing a bank...they’re prosecuted and sentenced to years of incarceration...do they forfeit their children to “the system” due to their own actions....or do we send the children to live in their prison cell with them?
Come on people....THINK. This is such simple shit.

That is not the way the immigration system as worked before. The children and parents are housed together until they get their hearing. It isn't a criminal court system.

You can thank a liberal court for changing that, kids can't be kept in long term detention.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.
God you people are stupid. Her point is about the kids who didn’t choose to be smuggled over the border.

You mean just like the children of incarcerated bank robbers...and how the piece of shit parents forfeited them to the system by way of their own actions?
So you’re equating bank robbers to people who want a better life for their children by crossing a border? God you’re fucking stupid.

Immigrants are not ‘illegal’ until such time as they have been determined by a court of law to have entered the country absent authorization.

Undocumented immigrants are entitled to the rights of due process, equal protection of the law, and a presumption of innocence.

Undocumented immigrants have the right to seek asylum, apply for refugee status, and remain in the country pending approval of that application.

These are facts of immigration and Constitutional law, settled, accepted, and beyond dispute.

The problem is there are those who wish to ignore the rule of law and deny undocumented immigrants their due process rights, such as removing from them their children before a determination is made as to their immigration status, as a ‘deterrent’ to immigrants coming to the United States.

In addition to being wrong and reprehensible, this policy also violates the Constitution.

Yes, this is terrible. I think I know of a solution though: If you have children, STF away from our borders.

Then it clearly is not so terrible to you. It's a human cost you find WORTH IT.

You presented a problem and I told you the solution to the problem. And I'm growing sick of you leftists using children every time you want to get your way. You want open borders, so use the children. You want everybody on food stamps, so use the children, you want increased minimum wage, so bring up the children, you want gun control, so use the children, increase tobacco taxes, because of the children, more environmental laws, because of the children.

Anytime you people can use the children to promote your political agenda, we are supposed to sit back and allow it to happen. Well if that's the case, I say screw the children. I'm sick of hearing about the children. I'm sick of children being used as political pawns to promote a liberal agenda.

You are the one who wants to make war on children and use them for political purposes. Your kind belongs in the garbage dump of this country with the rest of the trash. You are the one who should be screwed.

No illegal aliens-children or otherwise-should be allowed to stay. Zero tolerance. End of story.

How about the unnecessary separation of children from their parents?

Unnecessary? Really?
“Parents” get caught robbing a bank...they’re prosecuted and sentenced to years of incarceration...do they forfeit their children to “the system” due to their own actions....or do we send the children to live in their prison cell with them?
Come on people....THINK. This is such simple shit.

That is not the way the immigration system as worked before. The children and parents are housed together until they get their hearing. It isn't a criminal court system.

It is now, Sessions isn't seeking civil law solutions. He's criminally prosecuting everyone and good on him for doing so.

What makes it even worse is the fact that these children are being terrorized. This is terrorism to the hilt. The people involved need to be held accountable.

Let's see:

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Yeah, it fits.

LefTard-

It's not just those crossing illegally. Many have legally sought asylum and are still separated. So, yeah, it's a policy of fear and intimidation.

God you people are stupid. Her point is about the kids who didn’t choose to be smuggled over the border.

You mean just like the children of incarcerated bank robbers...and how the piece of shit parents forfeited them to the system by way of their own actions?
So you’re equating bank robbers to people who want a better life for their children by crossing a border? God you’re fucking stupid.

I think illegals are far worse actually.
Federal criminality = Federal criminal
What else can I teach you Loon?

You are little more than a terrorist. Your ass needs to be kicked out. You are a animal.

Terrorist? Do you know what terrorists do to avoid being killed? They hide behind women. They strike from nursing homes and hospitals to avoid retaliation.

If anybody uses terrorist schemes, it's the Democrats. Quit hiding behind children to get your Fn way all the time. You claim to be so concerned about children, but have no problem when our tax dollars goes to kill them before they are even born.

Hypocrites.

That doesn't make any sense and it's just plain stupid sounding.

Deportations were way up prior to Trump - but they didn't seperate the kids from the parents unless there was suspician the "parent" wasn't the child's real parent. This new announced change is a departure.
The so-called "deportations" under Obama were not deportations. Generally, caught illegal aliens were given "catch & release". After their immediate release, they simply disappeared back into the population, and did not get separated from their family.

Let's see:

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

Yeah, it fits.

LefTard-

It's not just those crossing illegally. Many have legally sought asylum and are still separated. So, yeah, it's a policy of fear and intimidation.

Fuck your .0002%
Try to stay semi logical.

Are bank robbers and illegal border crossers breaking the law? How Fn stupid.

I think illegals are far worse actually.
Federal criminality = Federal criminal
What else can I teach you Loon?

Right, in your crazy world illegal immigration is worse than murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back