U.S. to Israel: Reverse 'deeply concerning' decision to appropriate West Bank land

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
U.S. to Israel: Reverse 'deeply concerning' decision to appropriate West Bank land
EU issues similar statement; Lieberman defends Israel's decision, says Israel's policy is to focus on settlement blocs.
By Barak Ravid | Sep. 2, 2014 | 8:37 PM
The U.S. State Department said Tuesday that Israel's decision to appropriate 4,000 dunams of West Bank land was "deeply concerning" and urged it to "reverse the decision."
State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said that the decision to expropriate the land, and reports of further settlement construction in East Jerusalem and the West Bank sent a "very troubling message" and were "contrary to Israel's stated goal of a two-state solution" and a peace deal with the Palestinians.

Well you are a piece of work. You broke the treaty , so if a rocket comes your way , no more belly aching. 4000 dunams they say is 990 acres. Your nothing but crooks.

I don't understand how anyone can view this move and claim that israel is committed to or even interested in peace, or anything other than extending the status quo.

I have to say, whomever is handling Israel's PR at the moment should not expect a pay rise. :)

I done realizing that no matter what we do, someone will complain.
We all seen it in 'Protective Edge' - despite the outstanding attempts to minimize civilian casualties with all the given situation (Human shields, ceasefire violation, the UNRWA hypocritical stench, etc.) - despite all that - Israel will be investigated for war crimes, not a single voice of rationality thinking about investigating a terrorist organization over a sovereign state when every single detail about who did what and when is known to all.
The US (I lost interest in Eurobe a long time ago) should realize that speaking 'against' Israel is only giving more ammo the the enemies of democracy and Westernization, it draws the US as weak and incapable of being decisive, although it is obvious the US support Israel - the American attempts to remain in the frame is a very bad policy, and the US are definitely not in a position to look weak due to the vulnerability of Americans all over the world and also in the US.
I'm only glad the Israeli government finally realized that.

Fine fine.

Well Daniyel, when you have done realising that, you should realise that the world will stand to be ignored for so long.

Then it will cease to support your savage ways.
We will close you down. We will close down your economy. We will close down your very expensive weapons. We will close down your obfuscating of legal process, then we will open up your state to democracy.

And then Democracy will close down your state.
Please enjoy the feeling that world opinion doesn't matter. :) Really. Please do.

EU issues similar statement; Lieberman defends Israel's decision, says Israel's policy is to focus on settlement blocs.
By Barak Ravid | Sep. 2, 2014 | 8:37 PM
The U.S. State Department said Tuesday that Israel's decision to appropriate 4,000 dunams of West Bank land was "deeply concerning" and urged it to "reverse the decision."
State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said that the decision to expropriate the land, and reports of further settlement construction in East Jerusalem and the West Bank sent a "very troubling message" and were "contrary to Israel's stated goal of a two-state solution" and a peace deal with the Palestinians.

Well you are a piece of work. You broke the treaty , so if a rocket comes your way , no more belly aching. 4000 dunams they say is 990 acres. Your nothing but crooks.

Israel is analogous to a bank robber who gets mad because
they're getting shot at, as they exit the bank with money/gun
in hand. Then the bank robber commits genocide while denying
it, saying they were "forced" into doing it. Ridiculous.

I done realizing that no matter what we do, someone will complain.
We all seen it in 'Protective Edge' - despite the outstanding attempts to minimize civilian casualties with all the given situation (Human shields, ceasefire violation, the UNRWA hypocritical stench, etc.) - despite all that - Israel will be investigated for war crimes, not a single voice of rationality thinking about investigating a terrorist organization over a sovereign state when every single detail about who did what and when is known to all.
The US (I lost interest in Eurobe a long time ago) should realize that speaking 'against' Israel is only giving more ammo the the enemies of democracy and Westernization, it draws the US as weak and incapable of being decisive, although it is obvious the US support Israel - the American attempts to remain in the frame is a very bad policy, and the US are definitely not in a position to look weak due to the vulnerability of Americans all over the world and also in the US.
I'm only glad the Israeli government finally realized that.

You a democracy, help me I can't stop laughing. I hope the US opens its eyes for what you truly are. I don't see any Arabs attacking you, None, strange, since they are suppose to attack us.

Fine fine.

Well Daniyel, when you have done realising that, you should realise that the world will stand to be ignored for so long.

We will close you down. We will close down your economy. We will close down your very expensive weapons. We will close down your obfuscating of legal process, then we will open up your state to democracy.

Please enjoy the feeling that world opinion doesn't matter. :) Really. Please do.
Against all odds you are still wrong again.
We heard that for over 70 years up until now.
"The sea is the same sea, and the Arabs are the same Arabs"

@flacaltenn check my latest posts here, it respond to your post as well.

I am reading your post #8 to mean that Israel should not care about what America thinks. Which is fine with me. But I'm still thinking that the Beezle is right about this -- in that the person timing this "annexing" needs to be fired. You folks need to SOLVE this issue, not aggravate it. So grab the nearest partner and dance a bit. Abbas will do. Even if he's not the prettiest girl at the Prom. Last chance to get some dignity and responsible peace-making on BOTH sides of the issues.

I'm not the US state Dept -- I think I'm more trustworthy and smarter than that -- but you don't really want to PROLONG this "occupation".. Please tell me that you don't actually WANT Gaza and what comes with it, and that you can work with Palis that want a REAL govt and economy..

The way you FIND partners for peace -- is to start rewarding those that want progress towards peace..

And yes, Israel is a democracy.
@Humanity @Penelope @Forester
I didn't bother to respond since Beelzebub made his point about it, and so does Penelope.

Danny...

This is worrying now...

You are either drunk, taking drugs, in need of glasses or you are just plain dumb...

You know I'm gonna ask you don't you...

Can you show me where I posted that Israel ISN'T a democracy?

Well, you can't can you! Perhaps you will post some obscure, unrelated post and say "Told ya so"... Even though there is no reference to anything about Israel not being a democracy...

Get to the doctor Danny... You need help!

Fine fine.

Stop it... yer scarin' the Jooooo-ish people...

giphy.gif

"Ve vill make you obey us...ve vill force you...resistance ist futile !!!"

Puh-leeeeze.

Fine fine.

Even idiots like Beezle are allowed to dream lol!

The US pulls Eminent Domain all the time.
10 families on 1,000 acres; how much acreage are these families actually living on?
If the Murderous Muslims weren't murdering each other and ISIS wasn't threatening the US, Israel probably couldn't pull this off.
As it is, if Netanyahu doesn't placate the ever growing Right Wing of Israel with this deal, the next Prime Minister will carpet bomb Gaza.

Forum List

Back