U.S. to Israel: Reverse 'deeply concerning' decision to appropriate West Bank land

The US pulls Eminent Domain all the time.
10 families on 1,000 acres; how much acreage are these families actually living on?
If the Murderous Muslims weren't murdering each other and ISIS wasn't threatening the US, Israel probably couldn't pull this off.
As it is, if Netanyahu doesn't placate the ever growing Right Wing of Israel with this deal, the next Prime Minister will carpet bomb Gaza.

This isn't exactly eminent domain. That land represents the prospect for a peaceful Israeli future. It was a CURSE to win that land by war. Even Jordan didn't want it after the fact. So they are annexing trust and the only way out of this mess. And the timing stinks.

If I were the Caliph --- I'd provide a strip of Israeli land ON THE Jordan river border for military access and settlements. It would be as isolated to Israel as Gaza is for the future Palestine. Leave EVERYTHING ELSE in the acquired Jordanian land to the PA.. PA would still have some river access and border crossings to Jordan thru the Defense/Settlement zone. Israel would have both East/West defensive perimeters. Given the situation in the neighborhood, having Israel protect your Eastern front is a real estate plus :D...

To paraphrase Kenny Rogers -- "You gotta know when to hold em. Know when to fold them. Know when to walk away. Know when to run."
Run with it and get it done before the PA is not available.. If the Caliphate starts to acquire parts of Jordan and Lebanon --- there ain't gonna be another hand to leave the game even.

I am reading your post #8 to mean that Israel should not care about what America thinks. Which is fine with me. But I'm still thinking that the Beezle is right about this -- in that the person timing this "annexing" needs to be fired. You folks need to SOLVE this issue, not aggravate it. So grab the nearest partner and dance a bit. Abbas will do. Even if he's not the prettiest girl at the Prom. Last chance to get some dignity and responsible peace-making on BOTH sides of the issues.

I'm not the US state Dept -- I think I'm more trustworthy and smarter than that -- but you don't really want to PROLONG this "occupation".. Please tell me that you don't actually WANT Gaza and what comes with it, and that you can work with Palis that want a REAL govt and economy..

The way you FIND partners for peace -- is to start rewarding those that want progress towards peace..
I'm impressed! I didn't know you had it in you?

I think my respect level for you went up a notch. Good post!

U.S. to Israel: Reverse 'deeply concerning' decision to appropriate West Bank land
EU issues similar statement; Lieberman defends Israel's decision, says Israel's policy is to focus on settlement blocs.
By Barak Ravid | Sep. 2, 2014 | 8:37 PM
The U.S. State Department said Tuesday that Israel's decision to appropriate 4,000 dunams of West Bank land was "deeply concerning" and urged it to "reverse the decision."
State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said that the decision to expropriate the land, and reports of further settlement construction in East Jerusalem and the West Bank sent a "very troubling message" and were "contrary to Israel's stated goal of a two-state solution" and a peace deal with the Palestinians.

Well you are a piece of work. You broke the treaty , so if a rocket comes your way , no more belly aching. 4000 dunams they say is 990 acres. Your nothing but crooks.

Land theft before our very eyes by cunning Zionists who believe we are all just too stupid to realize the fact that they are actually doing it. After all, their screwy religious book claims that their mythical god, Yahweh
gave them the land so it really isn't stealing, is it <wink wink>? Or is it? ~ Susan

@flacaltenn check my latest posts here, it respond to your post as well.

I am reading your post #8 to mean that Israel should not care about what America thinks. Which is fine with me. But I'm still thinking that the Beezle is right about this -- in that the person timing this "annexing" needs to be fired. You folks need to SOLVE this issue, not aggravate it. So grab the nearest partner and dance a bit. Abbas will do. Even if he's not the prettiest girl at the Prom. Last chance to get some dignity and responsible peace-making on BOTH sides of the issues.

I'm not the US state Dept -- I think I'm more trustworthy and smarter than that -- but you don't really want to PROLONG this "occupation".. Please tell me that you don't actually WANT Gaza and what comes with it, and that you can work with Palis that want a REAL govt and economy..

The way you FIND partners for peace -- is to start rewarding those that want progress towards peace..
Their is a difference between "annexing" and unfreezing ground for residents.
Does it means this prolongs the "occupation"?
So far Israel evicted dozens of residents from Gush Katif to Yamit and even Jerusalem, it is what seems to me like a respond to Abbas and his one sided diplomatic ultimatum, but lets drop it, this land could be sold to Palestinians, this land could be even handed over to Palestinians, this doesn't even mean there are any Palestinians in there at all, and it doesn't mean this is even a Palestinian land in the first place, it is however proved that where there is no Israeli presence there is a 'fertile' ground for terrorism, crime, and what else not, with or without Abbas, the solution will be found, but its not an "instant" solution, I agree.
Abbas so far is the best option available for that and with the land price and economic issue, I think its somewhat even a wise step, I don't have much else to say, but lets try to keep it real, is there any option to negotiate by releasing again all the HAMAS terrorists Israel captured as a precondition for negotiations? this is what Abbas said last year ago (or 2 years ago) and nothing came out of these negotiations except the attempt to take over the WB by these Hamas members, Abbas realized that as well, maybe its all about politics after all, 'freezing' the settlements is as well a precondition Israel fulfilled, probably a pressure on Abbas in the political ground.

So far Israel evicted dozens of residents from Gush Katif to Yamit and even Jerusalem, it is what seems to me like a respond to Abbas and his one sided diplomatic ultimatum, but lets drop it, this land could be sold to Palestinians, this land could be even handed over to Palestinians, this doesn't even mean there are any Palestinians in there at all, and it doesn't mean this is even a Palestinian land in the first place, it is however proved that where there is no Israeli presence there is a 'fertile' ground for terrorism, crime, and what else not, with or without Abbas, the solution will be found, but its not an "instant" solution, I agree.
Abbas so far is the best option available for that and with the land price and economic issue, I think its somewhat even a wise step, I don't have much else to say, but lets try to keep it real, is there any option to negotiate by releasing again all the HAMAS terrorists Israel captured as a precondition for negotiations? this is what Abbas said last year ago (or 2 years ago) and nothing came out of these negotiations except the attempt to take over the WB by these Hamas members, Abbas realized that as well, maybe its all about politics after all, 'freezing' the settlements is as well a precondition Israel fulfilled, probably a pressure on Abbas in the political ground.
You're full of shit!

This land is not Israel's, that's all you need to know!

And yes, Israel is a democracy.
@Humanity @Penelope @Forester
I didn't bother to respond since Beelzebub made his point about it, and so does Penelope.

Yes, a Herrenvolk Democracy.

Good one, I didn't know they had a name for it.

Herrenvolk democracy is a governmental system in which the majority ethnic group (or "master race") has a say in the government, and has the right to partake in voting, while the minority races are disenfranchised

I didn't bother to respond since Beelzebub made his point about it, and so does Penelope.

Good one, I didn't know they had a name for it.

Herrenvolk democracy is a governmental system in which the majority ethnic group (or "master race") has a say in the government, and has the right to partake in voting, while the minority races are disenfranchised

That definition is a bit basic; a Herrenvolk democracy also manipulates the voting system so although the minority "unter-menschen" are "granted" the "right to vote" they will never be in a position to participate in government.

Since you all know nothing about Israel I would be glad discussing about specific issues over disproving your clueless claims, starting from this point.
Israel is a democracy.
And for your information Billo this is not a Palestinian land even by international law, so get over it.

[I'd provide a strip of Israeli land ON THE Jordan river border for military access and settlements. It would be as isolated to Israel as Gaza is for the future Palestine. Leave EVERYTHING ELSE in the acquired Jordanian land to the PA.. PA would still have some river access and border crossings to Jordan thru the Defense/Settlement zone. Israel would have both East/West defensive perimeters. Given the situation in the neighborhood, having Israel protect your Eastern front is a real estate plus :D.

And actually, Israel already controls that area per se, as you are allowed to drive Israeli rental cars up and down route 90 which parallels the Jordan river. But that is key to Israel's security goals, total control of the eastern border.

Abbas needs to stop worrying about impressing Hamas. Hamas is not gonna deliver a 2 state solution. If there was a demand to release Hamas hostages as a pre-condition, he needs to be dissuaded.

Thanks for the details on the "annexation". It's a good investment to deliver livable space and sell it. If it goes to Palestinians as well, they need better places to live than refugee camps. One good PR guy could explain the difference between taking land off the table and making better use of it. This kind of decision ought to be done WITH the PA. Maybe to the extent of setting aside the US equivalent of Section 8 (govt subsidized) housing within the annexation. Whatever is done in the old Jordanian holdings ought to be a laboratory for cooperation. Because ole Abbas and PA aren't gonna be spouting off about Hamas captives when they have joint development deals to talk with Israel about.

I'm serious about Israel getting a settlement corridor on the Jordan river for defense and homesteads. About the size of Gaza say... And making a deal to divest of ALL the rest. What kind of development if any is there now?

Nice rhetoric chipmunk -- but Palestinians have NO DESIRE to be Israelis by and large --- now DO they? So why bellow about citizenship rights? Why not concentrate on making the concessions and arrangements for their sovereignty?

[I'd provide a strip of Israeli land ON THE Jordan river border for military access and settlements. It would be as isolated to Israel as Gaza is for the future Palestine. Leave EVERYTHING ELSE in the acquired Jordanian land to the PA.. PA would still have some river access and border crossings to Jordan thru the Defense/Settlement zone. Israel would have both East/West defensive perimeters. Given the situation in the neighborhood, having Israel protect your Eastern front is a real estate plus :D.

And actually, Israel already controls that area per se, as you are allowed to drive Israeli rental cars up and down route 90 which parallels the Jordan river. But that is key to Israel's security goals, total control of the eastern border.

Even the PA should recognize the value of Israel having access to the Eastern border for regional security. What kind of development is there now? And do you know how much access is allowed into Jordan? I never ventured over there in all my visits. A clean turn-over of the Jordan acquistion is all the more palatable to Israel if they had settlements on the Eastern border..

Teddy, you will agree that using car rental as an 'example' of land control is pretty... Well, pretty lame.

Israel controls a population of non-Jews greater than the number of Jews. Israel only gives a small proportion of those non-Jews voting rights. There are areas in the West Bank and Jerusalem where Jews that live in the area can vote and non-Jews cannot. How in the devil is that a democracy? You Ziofascists are a bunch of lunatics.

Israel controls a population of non-Jews greater than the number of Jews. Israel only gives a small proportion of those non-Jews voting rights. There are areas in the West Bank and Jerusalem where Jews that live in the area can vote and non-Jews cannot. How in the devil is that a democracy? You Ziofascists are a bunch of lunatics.
By ignoring history, both modern and contemporary, you have just joined the Idiot Club.

Abbas needs to stop worrying about impressing Hamas. Hamas is not gonna deliver a 2 state solution. If there was a demand to release Hamas hostages as a pre-condition, he needs to be dissuaded.

Thanks for the details on the "annexation". It's a good investment to deliver livable space and sell it. If it goes to Palestinians as well, they need better places to live than refugee camps. One good PR guy could explain the difference between taking land off the table and making better use of it. This kind of decision ought to be done WITH the PA. Maybe to the extent of setting aside the US equivalent of Section 8 (govt subsidized) housing within the annexation. Whatever is done in the old Jordanian holdings ought to be a laboratory for cooperation. Because ole Abbas and PA aren't gonna be spouting off about Hamas captives when they have joint development deals to talk with Israel about.

I'm serious about Israel getting a settlement corridor on the Jordan river for defense and homesteads. About the size of Gaza say... And making a deal to divest of ALL the rest. What kind of development if any is there now?
So far Abbas did not responded to the last proposal suggested about 4 years ago, so waiting for the Palestinians/Leadership to actually do something about it is like waiting for sun to raise from the west, Making the isolation between Hamas and Fatah is crucial but lets not forget they are the only one to benefit from the current situation, which is why I believe one-sided solution would be ideal.
Anyway, Israel also came with a statement that in every upcoming proposal or negotiation the Gush Etzion district will remain Israeli as a consensuses for ever, but I believe it is negotiable after all, depend on how serious the Palestinians are, but keep it real, they are not even considering negotiations, unless they ran out of ammo, diplomatically or military.

By ignoring history, both modern and contemporary, you have just joined the Idiot Club.

Can't address the issue (because I post fact) so you post some nonsense. Predictable.

Can't address the issue (because I post fact) so you post some nonsense. Predictable.
You ignore history because you were once thrown off a bus.
You are such a sensitive pussy.

Forum List

Back