CDZ Trump and dissent

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
A question for Trump supporters really but I am happy for non supporters to chime in.

What level of dissent is acceptable and what form should it take ?

This to include press,government agencies and the wider public.

Dissent is fine, it's the non stop lying that I'm fed up with. You are one of the worst. Trump "reportedly" did this....Trump could have" done this....blah blah blah.....

Dissent is fine, it's the non stop lying that I'm fed up with. You are one of the worst. Trump "reportedly" did this....Trump could have" done this....blah blah blah.....
So would you be looking to put a stop to this ?
BTW I accept that there is some embroidery out there but not all of it.

A question for Trump supporters really but I am happy for non supporters to chime in.

if your side were in power, what level would you consider appropriate?

start there.

but seriously - being vocal *is* 100% american. being violent cause you don't like the other guy's opinions? that is not. calling speculation news is not.

be a productive part of the system in any way you can. even in dissent. but don't be destructive on either side. no one wins those.

I demand folks tell the truth and I demand the corporate media give a reasonable accounting of both sides.

start there.

but seriously - being vocal *is* 100% american. being violent cause you don't like the other guy's opinions? that is not. calling speculation news is not.

be a productive part of the system in any way you can. even in dissent. but don't be destructive on either side. no one wins those.
I think if you disagree with the policies of the government then you have every right to work against them in a legal way.

A strong opposition is a necessity in a democracy.

Similarly the press should fully investigate possible wrong doing.

start there.

I think if you disagree with the policies of the government then you have every right to work against them in a legal way.

A strong opposition is a necessity in a democracy.

Similarly the press should fully investigate possible wrong doing.

i agree. you have every right. in a legal non-violent threatening way. strong opposition - i suppose that depends but if you feel that strongly about something - sure. i can even see it today cause both extremes are so jaded and the rest in teh middle tired of the kids fighting.

and the press should. 100%. but they should also not play favorites and just demand the truth.

Government agencies and officials are NOT to take sides against the President. NO dissent is allowable there. All of those people should be fired, and possibly charged.

The Press should NOT take sides and constantly lie and smear half the nation.

Government agencies and officials are NOT to take sides against the President. NO dissent is allowable there. All of those people should be fired, and possibly charged.

Government officials work for us and not the head of state. They have a responsibility to whistle drop if bad things are happening.

Government officials work for us and not the head of state. They have a responsibility to whistle drop if bad things are happening.

Policy is to be decided by the elected representatives of the People, not un elected government officials.

When they try to do that, they are going to far.

When Gen McCarthy tried to make his own Foreign policy, he was rightfully fired.

Do you agree?

What do you even care for? You aren't even an American, thank God!

Policy is to be decided by the elected representatives of the People, not un elected government officials.

When Gen McCarthy tried to make his own Foreign policy, he was rightfully fired.

Do you agree?
I dont think its a policy issue.

But if the President was fucking 7 year olds then I would expect someone to speak up. Similarly if he was acting in an unconstitutional manner I would expect someone to speak up.

So we have a situation where the President is allegedly blabbing secrets to a foreign power. That should not be kept hidden.

Do you agree?

But if the President was fucking 7 year olds then I would expect someone to speak up. Similarly if he was acting in an unconstitutional manner I would expect someone to speak up.

So we have a situation where the President is allegedly blabbing secrets to a foreign power. That should not be kept hidden.

You sudden concern for children is not credible and dismissed, considering your past dismissal of the Rape Rings.

The situation we have is where government officials and workers are violation their oaths and their responsibilities to fight against the policies of the duly elected President.

They are treasonous.

Do you agree?

You sudden concern for children is not credible and dismissed, considering your past dismissal of the Rape Rings.

The situation we have is where government officials and workers are violation their oaths and their responsibilities to fight against the policies of the duly elected President.

They are treasonous.
Your post is not appropriate for the CDZ. Which policy are government officials fighting against ?

Do you agree?

They are treasonous.
Your post is not appropriate for the CDZ. Which policy are government officials fighting against ?

His policy of better relations with Russia, for one example. CIA leaks to sabotage that were completely over the line.

The leakers belong in jail.

Do you agree?

They are treasonous.

His policy of better relations with Russia, for one example. CIA leaks to sabotage that were completely over the line.

You can have better relations without giving away state secrets or intel from your allies. Thats just a basic requirement of the job.

Do you agree?

They are treasonous.

You can have better relations without giving away state secrets or intel from your allies. Thats just a basic requirement of the job.

NIce avoidance of my point.

Thus, my point stands as the last word, till you have the moral courage to honestly or seriously address it.

They are treasonous.

Effectively yes. BUT, if my boss at the furniture store, AG Edwards or wherever does something which really gets me, I have to man up and risk my job.

Effectively yes. BUT, if my boss at the furniture store, AG Edwards or wherever does something which really gets me, I have to man up and risk my job.

Its very difficult to do that. In the UK we had to pass the whistleblowers act to protect those who speak out. I dont think that its entirely effective but it is a step in the right direction.

Here are two different scenarios that are exactly the same.

President is a secret muslim who is financing ISIS in order to grow dissent in the Arab world. - Should someone speak out ?

President is in hock to the Russians and is compromising our allies by passing them secret info -Should someone speak out ?

This isnt a partisan issue, there are limits to the powers of politicians and the limits are those we allow them to get away with.

Forum List

Back