This election means nothing

Cite your link again...the one that says NEWSPAPERS are replacing the internet and 70% of people get their news from television...that link please

You are whacked out of your fucking mind, that much is obvious. The article never said that about newspapers but vice versa.

Internet Overtakes Newspapers As News Outlet: Summary of Findings - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

The internet, which emerged this year as a leading source for campaign news, has now surpassed all other media except television as an outlet for national and international news.

Currently, 40% say they get most of their news about national and international issues from the internet, up from just 24% in September 2007. For the first time in a Pew survey, more people say they rely mostly on the internet for news than cite newspapers (35%). Television continues to be cited most frequently as a main source for national and international news, at 70%.

It is January 2010, this article is from December 2008 and itself is old. So that number is well over 50% now, more likely at 60%.

Oh....so opposition to your personal agenda(since you are a non affiliated liberal) for America is an infection now is it? Please tell us some more.....

I never said opposition to my personal agenda. And I never said it was an infection. I said it was infecting. It is quickly spreading like a disease, but I never said it was a disease. It was an expression, that clearly went over your head.

Is he infected as well Dogbert?

Barack Obama is following too many Bush-era policies and not following enough of the promises he made to the American People that were Liberal promises really which is why I supported him in the first place.

Oh....so opposition to your personal agenda(since you are a non affiliated liberal) for America is an infection now is it? Please tell us some more.....

I never said opposition to my personal agenda. And I never said it was an infection. I said it was infecting. It is quickly spreading like a disease, but I never said it was a disease. It was an expression, that clearly went over your head.

:cuckoo:

0OOOOOOOOOOOOKAY Dogbert.

and you actually believe that television stations are not controlled vastly by the left.

I never said that, I said television stations are becoming irrelevant in terms of giving the news to people as their main source.

Anyone who lives in the year 2010 will tell you that the internet is now the replacement.

Here's Dogberts post....

and here's what his link says.
The internet, which emerged this year as a leading source for campaign news, has now surpassed all other media except television

I didn't feel like using the whole "tide concept" that's being tossed around because tides have both high and low points. And right now for the GOP, it's only high points.

Even if the ignore small facts like Scott Brown is not really a Conservative according to their new little test for candidates.

Is he infected as well Dogbert?

Barack Obama is following too many Bush-era policies and not following enough of the promises he made to the American People that were Liberal promises really which is why I supported him in the first place.

So what does this say about your judgement with respect to Obama. We can leave McCain out of it as he was a buffoon and had no business running for President.

Here's Dogberts post....

The internet, which emerged this year as a leading source for campaign news, has now surpassed all other media except television

Great logic there Barney Rubble, just nitpick and take one sentence out of the entire article. The article itself is outdated, much like your views.

and you actually believe that television stations are not controlled vastly by the left.

I never said that, I said television stations are becoming irrelevant in terms of giving the news to people as their main source.

Anyone who lives in the year 2010 will tell you that the internet is now the replacement.

Here's Dogberts post....

I think you missed his point. I could be wrong here, but I think he's saying that every day, the internet takes over the market share. Although at the time of the article, more people got their news from television, it's likely that that is no longer true, the internet being the wave of the future and all.

So what does this say about your judgement with respect to Obama. We can leave McCain out of it as he was a buffoon and had no business running for President.

Considering I didn't vote and Bob Barr was a Republican in Libertarian clothing, I feel my judgment is fine. And it kept Palin away from the White House.

I was 17 and naive at the time. What's your excuse for the present?

I didn't feel like using the whole "tide concept" that's being tossed around because tides have both high and low points. And right now for the GOP, it's only high points.

Even if the ignore small facts like Scott Brown is not really a Conservative according to their new little test for candidates.

Who is "their"?
Personally I hope he makes a run for President down the road if he sticks to his principles and doesn't capitulate to the party line.

Who is "their"?
Personally I hope he makes a run for President down the road if he sticks to his principles and doesn't capitulate to the party line.

I'm just curious. What "principles" of his are you so taken by that you want him to be president?

I think you missed his point. I could be wrong here, but I think he's saying that every day, the internet takes over the market share. Although at the time of the article, more people got their news from television, it's likely that that is no longer true, the internet being the wave of the future and all.

Nope, you are 100% correct. I do not believe that the internet has overtaken television yet but it will definitely within ten years if not five. It is clearly around 60% at the moment while television has obviously gone down. So they may be dead even now.

I'm just curious. What "principles" of his are you so taken by that you want him to be president?

Isn't it obvious? He must love Scott Brown for his vote on Romneycare. Or maybe it was his vote to deny financial aid to 9/11 volunteer workers. Or maybe it's his vote for Abortion. Or to continue the War in Afghanistan. Or maybe it's his present view to not mess with Gay Marriage in his state and keep it in place?

:D

Considering I didn't vote and Bob Barr was a Republican in Libertarian clothing, I feel my judgment is fine. And it kept Palin away from the White House.

I was 17 and naive at the time. What's your excuse for the present?

I was in Diego Garcia in October and November of 2008. I didn't vote in the past Presidential election. If I had the opportunity to vote for the candidate of my choice I would have voted for Romney.

Who is "their"?

Republican candidates face 'Ronald Reagan' test - Telegraph

Obviously Republicans cannot even hold onto their pretty bullshit tests when faced with the possibility of a win. They were like Frodo to the ring. Except, this time, the ring won.

The draft resolution would withhold central party funding for candidates in next year's midterm elections who failed to meet eight out of ten principles that supporters of the idea describe as fundamental to Ronald Reagan's rule.
They include supporting the Defence of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as being between a man and a woman, opposing amnesties for illegal immigrants, government interference in health care and hefty bailouts of the kind started by George W Bush and continued by President Barack Obama

And hilarious irony point #15795: Ronald Reagan wouldn't pass the test made in his "honor." :lol:

I was in Diego Garcia in October and November of 2008. I didn't vote in the past Presidential election. If I had the opportunity to vote for the candidate of my choice I would have voted for Romney.

No, I mean for your naive views in 2010. I was 17 during the 2008 election you have to be in your 50's now I assume.

Here's Dogberts post....

Great logic there Barney Rubble, just nitpick and take one sentence out of the entire article. The article itself is outdated, much like your views.

yet you tout it as a legitimate source?

You got some kooky logic kid.

No, I mean for your naive views in 2010. I was 17 during the 2008 election you have to be in your 50's now I assume.

You know what they say when you assume Dogbert.......what is naive about my views?

yet you tout it as a legitimate source?

You got some kooky logic kid.

I tout it as a legitimate source for December 28, 2008 to prove my point at that present point in time that internet was beginning to overtake television. A snapshot in time if you will.

It is now 2010. The numbers have obviously increased while television obviously decreased in reaction.

I don't have kooky logic, you're just not thinking. But do you have to keep stealing what Article said to you once every single time? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back