This election means nothing

No, he wont.

AND THAT is the reason I'm glad he won. Now maybe some of the Republican ideas like tort reform will get a proper vetting...and the bullshit bribery will stop.

A majority of Americans support a public option. Should they listen to the people and have a public option in the new reform bill?

Of course they should as long as BOTH party's can agree on what we can afford. I have no problem with that.

Of course they should as long as BOTH party's can agree on what we can afford. I have no problem with that.

:lol: You really think the Republicans as a whole are suddenly going to change on anything? They're just going to water the bill further now since the Democrats not only lost their spines but their legs too tonight since they're too cowardly to say fuck you to the Republicans about the filibuster.

I can already tell you what Boehner and them are going to be like:

Dems: So, we have this new propo-

GOP: No.

Dems: Preexisting conditions are wron-

Dems: But women who are domestic abuse victims shouldn't be denied insu-

GOP: No

Dems: But what about making Health Care affordable for middle class Americans? We can have a non-profit option of cou-

Dems: So when are you going to sit down with us?

GOP: Same thing as 2001-2006, wait until we're in charge again, shove everything down down Congress's throats unlike you guys who don't have the balls too. Speaking of which, your balls sure make do nice centerpieces at our meeting table.

Last edited:
He finishes Teddy's term, E. So his seat is up in 2012.

Yep. So Mr. Brown definitely can't fuck around and help the GOP out for a few years.

and that seems to be all that matters to you isn't it? As long as anyone won't support opposition to your party's agenda your OK with that...you just want it your way only right? No voice..only your voice.... and you wonder why your party was dealt another defeat...the first of many come November I'll venture.

:lol: You really think the Republicans as a whole are suddenly going to change on anything? They're just going to water the bill further now since the Democrats not only lost their spines but their legs too tonight since they're too cowardly to say fuck you to the Republicans about the filibuster.

They were too cowardly in the past few months. It probably is a testament to how strong the insurance company lobby is.

I can already tell you what Boehner and them are going to be like:

Dems: So, we have this new propo-

Dems: Preexisting conditions are wron-

Dems: But women who are domestic abuse victims shouldn't be denied insu-

Dems: But what about making Health Care affordable for middle class Americans? We can have a non-profit option of cou-

Dems: So when are you going to sit down with us?

GOP: Same thing as 2001-2006, wait until we're in charge again, shove everything down down Congress's throats unless you guys who don't have the balls too. Speaking of which, your balls sure make do centerpieces at our meeting table.

You're wrong Dogbert....its called negotiation and compromise...something Ted Kennedy did quite well in fact.

They were too cowardly in the past few months. It probably is a testament to how strong the insurance company lobby is.

Sure is. Hell, Obama made a "devil's deal" as I call it with Big Pharma and they still couldn't get anything done. Go look at the edit to my post.

and that seems to be all that matters to you isn't it? As long as anyone won't support opposition to your party's agenda your OK with that...you just want it your way only right? No voice..only your voice.... and you wonder why your party was dealt another defeat...the first of many come November I'll venture.

I don't have a party. However, I have a strong feeling that Mr. Brown is not going to live up to his promise of bipartisanship. If he doesn't, he's gone as well he should be for deceiving the voters.

You are being very close-minded on my views. Besides, I couldn't be a Democrat. I have a thing called balls and a spine.

and what filibuster was that...the Republicans were just given that back TONIGHT :clap2:

Republicans did not try to discuss things with the Democrats. They literally sat there and did everything they could to obstruct debate, voting, etc. From tactics such as having the entire bill read many times over, etc.

The filibuster is quite worthless as the Republicans showed in their last adventure in running Congress. You weren't preaching bipartisanship when they shoved the Patriot Act down their throats after everyone sat there, made a bipartisanship bill, and then they tore it up. Of course, John Ashcroft (who lost to a dead guy) wanted an entire new stricter bill.

I don't have a party. However, I have a strong feeling that Mr. Brown is not going to live up to his promise of bipartisanship. If he doesn't, he's gone as well he should be for deceiving the voters.

as should any politician who doesn't live up to his promises...OBAMA INCLUDED RIGHT?

and what filibuster was that...the Republicans were just given that back TONIGHT :clap2:

Republicans did not try to discuss things with the Democrats. They literally sat there and did everything they could to obstruct debate, voting, etc. From tactics such as having the entire bill read many times over, etc.

The filibuster is quite worthless as the Republicans showed in their last adventure in running Congress. You weren't preaching bipartisanship when they shoved the Patriot Act down their throats after everyone sat there, made a bipartisanship bill, and then they tore it up. Of course, John Ashcroft (who lost to a dead guy) wanted an entire new stricter bill.

How many democrats voted for the Patriot Act? Obama voted for FISA after he said he would filibuster it.

Uhhhhh......apparently not dogbet...there are several bills passed by the House and Senate already in the progress of being reconciled.....the Republicans were COMPLETELY SHUT OUT OF ANY AND ALL NEGOTIATIONS ON HEALTHCARE REFORM AND YOU KNOW IT...now who is being closed minded?

Too funny...I guess Dogbert has his blinders on again and forgot that the DEMOCRAT controlled Senate passed The Patriot Act without any debate whatsoever. Daschle smiled when it was passed too.

How many democrats voted for the Patriot Act? Obama voted for FISA after he said he would filibuster it.

I know Obama voted for FISA, he also voted for the Patriot Act. Which is exactly why I'm telling supporters of Scott Brown to not get their hopes up. You know I have been probably one of the top Liberals here calling out Obama constantly for his Bush-era policies that are bullshit.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

There was no way that any Democrat in the Senate was not going to vote for the Patriot Act after 9/11. It would of been like voting to go against going into World War II, you would be seen as UnAmerican and unpatriot like.

But, Feingold having the balls to vote no on it was great.

The House was a bit more nos:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll398.xml

Uhhhhh......apparently not dogbet...there are several bills passed by the House and Senate already in the progress of being reconciled.....the Republicans were COMPLETELY SHUT OUT OF ANY AND ALL NEGOTIATIONS ON HEALTHCARE REFORM AND YOU KNOW IT...now who is being closed minded?

They were shut out on all negotiations on Healthcare Reform? Really? Link?

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they were AFTER they kept saying no, it's not like they weren't treated the exact same way back when the "Dracula" congress ran things.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they were AFTER they kept saying no, it's not like they weren't treated the exact same way back when the "Dracula" congress ran things.

At first they were not and then later they were.

Name one Republican included in the secret meetings and the bribery conerences in Reid's office!!! In Pelosi'd Office!!!! Name just one!!!

At first they were not and then later they were.

That's what I figured. There is a difference between being shut out at the very beginning which is what the "Dracula" congress did and being shut out when they've gone beyond the point of sitting there like a child who won't compromise on sharing toys.

Forum List

Back