This election means nothing

Well..liberal arts or women's studies aren't that difficult to do good in. Congrats.

You really love the personal insult strategy, don't you?

What does saying something like the above post do for you? Does it make you feel better about yourself to put others down? Are arguments on the internet so important to you that you'll sacrifice common decency and adult conversation, and go straight for the personal attack?

Oh shut up....quit taking everything so seriously!!!!

Me taking this message board seriously? HA.

There's nothing serious about arguing politics on the internet. Even so, there's no points to be gained by being an asshole.

Oh Dogbert.....we all know the first year in college is nearly all core requirement courses that you haven't CLEP'ed. So how was that 3rd grade arithmatic class...pretty tough huh!!

Actually, you can't CLEP out of the required classes for the college in order to graduate with an undergrad degree. If you're referring to the writing placement test, I was placed in the higher writing class (wanted to see how I fared since I was unsure where I was ranked in terms of college grade writing) and I did not have to take a math placement test due to my SAT scores.

Being someone who wants to be a major relating to math, taking math classes obviously would occur.

But again, keep throwing the petty insults that hold no meaning in my life. And for you to think you know my own college better than me is hilarious.

Last edited:
You really love the personal insult strategy, don't you?

What does saying something like the above post do for you? Does it make you feel better about yourself to put others down? Are arguments on the internet so important to you that you'll sacrifice common decency and adult conversation, and go straight for the personal attack?

There's nothing serious about arguing politics on the internet. Even so, there's no points to be gained by being an asshole.

Wow...you must be stricken with sorrow and guilt...better edit your post before you have a nervous breakdown and then sign up for some anger management classes.:lol:

Oh Dogbert.....we all know the first year in college is nearly all core requirement courses that you haven't CLEP'ed. So how was that 3rd grade arithmatic class...pretty tough huh!!

Actually, you can't CLEP out of the required classes for the college in order to graduate with an undergrad degree. If you're referring to the writing placement test, I was placed in the higher writing class (wanted to see how I fared since I was unsure where I was ranked in terms of college grade writing) and I did not have to take my math placement test due to my SAT scores.

Being someone who wants to take a math major, taking math classes obviously would occur.

But again, keep throwing the petty insults that hold no meaning in my life. And for you to think you know my own college better than me is hilarious.

Well...there is hope for you after all. As you have misjudged me...perhaps I have misjudged you.

Wow...you must be stricken with sorrow and guilt...better edit your post before you have a nervous breakdown and then sign up for some anger management classes.:lol:

Is common courtesy really this dead?

Well...there is hope for you after all. As you have misjudged me...perhaps I have misjudged you.

Except the behavior you're exhibiting is proving my judgments. And that is not an insult but rather an observation. You are assuming that all the people I take classes with are a bunch of punk wet behind the ears kids who still rely on their parents for everything.

I take classes with people of various ages (the oldest was a man in his late 50's I believe) who was going back to college to get his teaching degree. Another close friend was someone who was more Conservative than you and is not a fan of Obama at the slightest. Yet, when we discuss politics, we find common ground and were able to strike up a friendship. Another guy who I became friends with from my history class was a man in his 30's who has a full time job and is going to college so he can get a better one.

And due to the way my schedule worked, one of my classes was at night where there many people over the age of 20. One was an certified accountant for example.

So no, you should stop assuming about what college is like or least my college (a Liberal Arts college, yes) because you have no idea what it is like at all anymore. Or in other words, you are out-of-touch.

And YOU can take THAT to the bank.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0_SI0cDwkM]YouTube - Sonic Boom - Jet Breaking Sound Barrier[/ame]

I do NOT make personal attacks - if I do, i go back and edit it usually immediately after. (Sometimes my anger gets the better of me for a moment or two).

there's no points to be gained by being an asshole.

What say you?

I didn't call you an asshole, I said you were acting like an asshole.

If you can't understand the difference between those two statements, I really can't help you.

I do NOT make personal attacks - if I do, i go back and edit it usually immediately after. (Sometimes my anger gets the better of me for a moment or two).

there's no points to be gained by being an asshole.

What say you?

If you can't understand the difference between those two statements, I really can't help you.

:cuckoo:

What say you?

Ok, I'll help you out.

The statement "You're an asshole" is an attack on you.
The statement "You're acting like an asshole" is an attack on your actions. (In this case, you making fun of Dogbert's education in a way that had nothing to do with what was being discussed).

Is it clear now?

Ok, I'll help you out.

The statement "You're acting like an asshole" is an attack on your actions. (In this case, you making fun of Dogbert's education in a way that had nothing to do with what was being discussed).

Is it clear now?

How do you attack an inanimate object with reference to someones "actions"? If you launch an attack on a person's actions then you attacked that person.

Is that clear now?

Ok, I'll help you out.

Is it clear now?

How do you attack an inanimate object with reference to someones "actions"? If you launch an attack on a person's actions then you attacked that person.

Is that clear now?

Yeah, the real world doesn't work that way.

Here's a better way to sum this up:

I don't dislike you. We have our disagreements on almost every single topic, but I'm sure you're a decent human being, with compassion for your fellow man, and love for your friends and family. I'm sure you're a good person.

But I do dislike things that you say. I can take opinions different from my own, as I realize that I have a somewhat unique view on the world - but I think its a violation of common courtesy to belittle someone in some attempt to save face in a debate.

That is the difference between "You're an asshole" and "You're acting like an asshole" - I don't think that you're an asshole, but I do think that you're acting like one.

Ok, I'll help you out.

Is it clear now?

Is that clear now?

I don't dislike you. We have our disagreements on almost every single topic, but I'm sure you're a decent human being, with compassion for your fellow man, and love for your friends and family. I'm sure you're a good person.

But I do dislike things that you say. I can take opinions different from my own, as I realize that I have a somewhat unique view on the world - but I think its a violation of common courtesy to belittle someone in some attempt to save face in a debate.

That is the difference between "You're an asshole" and "You're acting like an asshole" - I don't think that you're an asshole, but I do think that you're acting like one.

In the real world those two statements mean the same thing dumb ass. Go ahead tell some Biker dude he is "ACTING" like an asshole and see what happens.

Is that clear now?

In the real world those two statements mean the same thing dumb ass. Go ahead tell some Biker dude he is "ACTING" like an asshole and see what happens.

I do, almost on a daily basis. (My roommate is a biker, and I tell him he's acting like an asshole whenever he IS acting like an asshole). But you're missing the point, clearly - a point made even clearer by your addition of the phrase "dumb ass" to your post.

Honest it is just a fluke, you Liberals just keep on doing what you are doing.

Just watch... today they'll start the finger pointing and eating their own.

You think they're rabid when they deal with conservatives... watch what happens when they turn on each other. I hope you have enough soda and pop corn for the show Sgt... :lol:

Of course they should as long as BOTH party's can agree on what we can afford. I have no problem with that.

:lol: You really think the Republicans as a whole are suddenly going to change on anything? They're just going to water the bill further now since the Democrats not only lost their spines but their legs too tonight since they're too cowardly to say fuck you to the Republicans about the filibuster.

I can already tell you what Boehner and them are going to be like:

Dems: So, we have this new propo-

GOP: No.

Dems: Preexisting conditions are wron-

GOP: No.

Dems: But women who are domestic abuse victims shouldn't be denied insu-

GOP: No

Dems: But what about making Health Care affordable for middle class Americans? We can have a non-profit option of cou-

GOP: No

Dems: So when are you going to sit down with us?

GOP: Same thing as 2001-2006, wait until we're in charge again, shove everything down down Congress's throats unlike you guys who don't have the balls too. Speaking of which, your balls sure make do nice centerpieces at our meeting table.

For someone patting himself all over his own back throughout this thread, you sure aren't half as smart as you seem to believe.

Kinda young to be looking at the world in black and white through a coffee stir, aren't you?

Just hours after Scott Brown's victory over Martha Coakley, Virginia Senator Jim Webb is calling on the Senate to wait for Brown to take office before any more votes on health care legislation are held. In a statement, Webb tried to convey to his fellow Democrats just what Brown's victory means

Jim Webb: No Votes on Health Care Until Scott Brown Is Sworn In -- Daily Intel

You don't think it means anything to some Democrats on the hill, your sadly mistaken. If Sen. Webb is making statements like this, you can imagine what Sen. Nelson must be thinking or for that matter Sen. Reid. who at this moment can't even poll better than the 3rd Republican candidate in the Senate race in Nevada.

Forum List

Back