The Thief in the Vatican

The comment comes from Luther's 1530 treatise, The Keys found in LW 40: 320-376. The quote is on pages 365-366. Luther's underlying assumption is that the keys have indeed been given to Peter, but also to the entire church as well.

Then it means nothing. I am posting Scripture not something someone wrote.

Unfortunately you are quoting rewritten scripture so you have to deal with that.

At least it is Scripture. What are your arguments based upon?

Let me answer that one for him because I doubt he'd admit it. His arguments (concerning interpretation of Scriptures on this thread) are based on lies and deception. Do yourself a favor and do not get drawn into his nonsense.

LOL, you're not very good at the mastery of the ignore feature.
Being put on ignore by that guy sounds like one of God's blessings. If that's supposed to be a consequence I don't think he quite gets the concept, seems more like a reward.

Here's an argument. Literalist retards can't interpret Biblical metaphors because they don't know what metaphors are.

That's just an attack without any substance to back anything at all under discussion up.
And I'm saying your interpretation of scripture is wrong. I'm saying that you don't actually know any scripture, let alone be able to interpret it.

Then show me the Scriptures I have quoted incorrectly and provide the correct interpretation. Fair enough?

Fair enough but not today. I'm about to go out and wouldn't be able to finish what I started.

Of course you do. LOL!!

Fine. My avatar has a message to you from Pat.

Unfortunately you are quoting rewritten scripture so you have to deal with that.

Let me answer that one for him because I doubt he'd admit it. His arguments (concerning interpretation of Scriptures on this thread) are based on lies and deception. Do yourself a favor and do not get drawn into his nonsense.

There are a few on here who are just being disruptive and probably have studied the Bible very little if at all. They are easy to spot.

And there is at least one who has studied diligently in methods to deceive, lie and twist the scriptures - so this board gets it from more than one angle (from the enemies of God).

On a good day you are a half-wit, today isn't that day.

There are a few on here who are just being disruptive and probably have studied the Bible very little if at all. They are easy to spot.

And there is at least one who has studied diligently in methods to deceive, lie and twist the scriptures - so this board gets it from more than one angle (from the enemies of God).
Yup, that's why I'm here, because I'm an enemy of God. With your amazing insight and powers of perception you've uncovered the diabolical truth of this insidious conspiracy.

Being put on ignore by that guy sounds like one of God's blessings. If that's supposed to be a consequence I don't think he quite gets the concept, seems more like a reward.
It's a she and she is a uber Pentecostal fundamentalist

Its a she
Are you sure? She seems like a real dick.

Its a she
Are you sure? She seems like a real dick.

Yep she is a she

12010504_715201361948168_300539733934247953_o.jpg
Osteen works for the Vatican. He is an agent of Rome - pretending to a Protestant in order to give Catholicism a platform and some legitimacy. He is not a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He's with Pat Robertson, Kenneth Copeland, Joseph Prince, Rick Warren, Billy Graham - squarely in the Roman Empire Anti-Christ camp. These men are enemies of God and are in the enemies camp.

He does not. The Pope is from the line of Peter, Jesus' right hand man. This is a very enlightened time for the US to have such a humble servant of God , such a Godly man, right here on our soil. He himself walks in the foot prints of Jesus.

"the pope is from the line of peter" <<<< is that a DNA thing?

No of course not, jews are not a race.

true-----jews are not a race-----nor are catholics------were you struggling to make a point? Did you pass high school biology?

I have never witnessed such a spectacle of pure idolatry in my entire life ... Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
that is quite compelling, coming from a second hand account and years beyond the event - how is it your written scriptures are not suspect when / with your satirizing their most vocal adherent, of all people the Pope ?

obviously while written the conflict is not resolved.

scripture on Idolator.

Tears flooded my eyes as the Pope left last night, For several days it was like we had Jesus himself with us. What a man of God, or a Godly man, how ever you want to put it. Lets hope he rubbed off a bit of his goodness and humility on congress.

So you claim that Christ, who is the cornerstone of the church was a cornerstone laid upon the foundation of the rock "Peter"? You are further claiming that Peter is the head of the church and Christ is not the head of the church.

There is no doubt among Catholics that Christ is the head of the Church. We also have no doubt that Christ assigned one to be leader when decisions that affected the entire Church had to be made. We see Christ assigning Peter the keys. When the Master had to be away, the keys (along with authority which the keys symbolized) was given to a steward. When a question arose outside of Jerusalem that affected the whole Church, Acts records that everyone met with Peter in Jerusalem. After the Temple was destroyed and Peter was killed in Rome, questions/decisions that affected the whole Church were taken to and decided in Rome.

Why Peter. The Gospels record Jesus saying that if a builder wanted a building to stand, he did not build on sand, he built on rock. What was the rock Jesus was seeking to build upon? We see the answer in the story: Jesus was looking for someone who was given a revelation by the Father--and then had courage enough to speak out. Jesus told Peter that no mere man had told Peter Jesus was the Messiah; it had been revealed to Peter by God. Peter believed and had faith in this revelation of God. We hear Jesus telling the Apostles revelation, belief, and faith in God's Word was the rock on which a Church can be built.

Jesus and Peter also pointed to Christ as the cornerstone, the stone the builder's rejected. Jesus did not reject Peter, not even when Peter denied him. We also see the metaphor "capstone" applied to Christ. The capstone is the top stone in an arch--not only the focal point of the entrance, but the one stone that holds the entire arch in place. Without the capstone, not only would the entrance not have a focal point, the entire entrance would collapse and no one would gain entrance.

It would be silly for people to argue that Jesus could only be the cornerstone, or the foundation, or the capstone--that it would be impossible for him to be all. These are all used as metaphors to describe Christ, just as "shepherd" is used as well. Likewise, it is silly for people to argue that Jesus couldn't also use a metaphor to describe Peter, or that he wouldn't appoint a steward on earth when he could no longer be with us physically. Jesus prayed that his disciples might all remain one as he and his Father are one.

Instead, during the Protestant Reformation, people decided the original structure Christ set up--and the Church had followed for fifteen hundred years--could be improved upon. Instead of Christians of that era taking their questions/grievances to Rome and settling them there, some decided to use Enlightenment type politics and division in Church as well.

Catholics decided that Christ as cornerstone, capstone, foundation, and Peter, with his revelation, belief, and faith that is rock solid--not to mention the keys which were bestowed upon him--was the format Christ instituted. Unity (not divisiveness) was Christ's prayer. Therefore instead of going the way of man-made Enlightenment, Catholics decided it was best, when it came to Church, to trust what Christ instituted. That is working out well for us. How is the Enlightenment philosophy working out for the rest of Christianity?

Catholics may buy into the lie, but other Christians do not.

Pope, Peter, and the Bible: Papacy, Father, Pontiff, Vicar?

the hierarchy of the catholic church is VERY COINCIDENTALLY -----
very much like the hierarchy of roman government
*****WATTA COINCIDENCE******

Hey, the Hebrews never had an empire , sorry, but don't put down the Greeks, Romans , Egyptians, and Persians because they have. The Roman Empire became the Holy Roman Empire. Its was not like a one town overnight sensation.

Hey, the Hebrews never had an empire , sorry, but don't put down the Greeks, Romans , Egyptians, and Persians because they have. The Roman Empire became the Holy Roman Empire. Its was not like a one town overnight sensation.

what is the "hey" for? you express yourself like an inebriated unwashed southern cracker dragged into the hospital ER for pediculosis pubis-----irritable with the ITCHING.
The "holy" roman empire was the child of the animals that
crucified hundreds of thousands, engaged in chattel slavery, fed humans---men women and children--- to lions for the entertainment of their sluts-----it itself (the 'holy' roman empire) murdered, in genocides, HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS----from the first reich all the way thru the third reich. You have nothing of which to be
proud------in fact your legacy is disgusting. Greek, Roman, and Persian cultures
are no longer extant------all of them are DEAD. ------the descendants thereof
render the planet filthy

Tears flooded my eyes as the Pope left last night, For several days it was like we had Jesus himself with us. What a man of God, or a Godly man, how ever you want to put it. Lets hope he rubbed off a bit of his goodness and humility on congress.

Yes indeed. Perhaps he isn't all bad after all:

Govt workers have right to refuse gay marriage licenses -pope

people paid to serve the people UNDER THE LAW----do not get to rewrite
the laws A judge cannot rewrite the law nor can a clerk. Of course,
the lady does have a right to quit her job. Long ago in my lifetime I have
refused to engage in some activities in health care------my right ----based
on conscience. If the issue involved "life or death"----I would not have
that right--------if the issue interfered with my functioning-----I could be legally
fired. The pope does not write American law

What a piece propaganda that web page is! It cites many Biblical passages, but ignores the most important to the topic at hand, Matthew 16:18 (And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.) and Matthew 18:18 (Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back