The Thief in the Vatican

Osteen works for the Vatican. He is an agent of Rome - pretending to a Protestant in order to give Catholicism a platform and some legitimacy. He is not a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He's with Pat Robertson, Kenneth Copeland, Joseph Prince, Rick Warren, Billy Graham - squarely in the Roman Empire Anti-Christ camp. These men are enemies of God and are in the enemies camp.[/QUOTE]

He does not. The Pope is from the line of Peter, Jesus' right hand man. This is a very enlightened time for the US to have such a humble servant of God , such a Godly man, right here on our soil. He himself walks in the foot prints of Jesus.[/QUOTE]

No he isn't! Peter was a Jew! This Pope is not a Jew nor is he Spanish. He's an Italian - born of Italian immigrant mother and father. No relation to Peter whatsoever. Since he arrived the weather has been lousy - many photos's and videos of the wind blowing him around and then there is the news report of another dreary day -high humidity, clouds, occasional light rain for his outdoor mass.....

2015095601653ea0c9f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Newsflash!! Jesus was a Jew[/QUOTE]

You call that a Newsflash? You would be hard pressed to find anyone who does not know that Jesus Christ Is a Jew! Are you serious?

Osteen works for the Vatican. He is an agent of Rome - pretending to a Protestant in order to give Catholicism a platform and some legitimacy. He is not a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He's with Pat Robertson, Kenneth Copeland, Joseph Prince, Rick Warren, Billy Graham - squarely in the Roman Empire Anti-Christ camp. These men are enemies of God and are in the enemies camp.

He does not. The Pope is from the line of Peter, Jesus' right hand man. This is a very enlightened time for the US to have such a humble servant of God , such a Godly man, right here on our soil. He himself walks in the foot prints of Jesus.

Indeed? You mean the little pebble?
Here is Peter concerning the worship of himself:

Act 10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. Act 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

Act 10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

To worship any man is idolatry and blasphemy.

"Peter as the Rock will be the foundation of the future community, the church ... To deny the pre-eminent position of Peter among the disciples or in the early Christian community is a denial of the evidence."

- W. F. Albright, Anchor Bible Commentary

Osteen works for the Vatican. He is an agent of Rome - pretending to a Protestant in order to give Catholicism a platform and some legitimacy. He is not a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He's with Pat Robertson, Kenneth Copeland, Joseph Prince, Rick Warren, Billy Graham - squarely in the Roman Empire Anti-Christ camp. These men are enemies of God and are in the enemies camp.

He does not. The Pope is from the line of Peter, Jesus' right hand man. This is a very enlightened time for the US to have such a humble servant of God , such a Godly man, right here on our soil. He himself walks in the foot prints of Jesus.[/QUOTE]

No he isn't! Peter was a Jew! This Pope is not a Jew nor is he Spanish. He's an Italian - born of Italian immigrant mother and father. No relation to Peter whatsoever. Since he arrived the weather has been lousy - many photos's and videos of the wind blowing him around and then there is the news report of another dreary day -high humidity, clouds, occasional light rain for his outdoor mass.....

2015095601653ea0c9f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Newsflash!! Jesus was a Jew[/QUOTE]

You call that a Newsflash? You would be hard pressed to find anyone who does not know that Jesus Christ Is a Jew! Are you serious?[/QUOTE]

It sailed over your head. The Papacy is not a hereditary line

He does not. The Pope is from the line of Peter, Jesus' right hand man. This is a very enlightened time for the US to have such a humble servant of God , such a Godly man, right here on our soil. He himself walks in the foot prints of Jesus.

Act 10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. Act 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

"Peter as the Rock will be the foundation of the future community, the church ... To deny the pre-eminent position of Peter among the disciples or in the early Christian community is a denial of the evidence."

Christ was the ROCK - not Peter. Christ is the founder of the church. Christ is the chief cornerstone of the church and the HEAD of the church. Paul did more to establish churches and followers of Christ than Peter ever did. I will agree with you that Peter was the leader of the apostles.

You are a lunatic, you should be locked away before you hurt yourself.

Christ was the ROCK - not Peter. Christ is the founder of the church. Christ is the chief cornerstone of the church and the HEAD of the church. Paul did more to establish churches and followers of Christ than Peter ever did. I will agree with you that Peter was the leader of the apostles.

The Greek word for rock is a matter of debate even reformers like Martin Luther said:

"Why are you searching heavenward in search of my keys? Do you not understand, Jesus said, 'I gave them to Peter. They are indeed the keys of heaven, but they are not found in heaven for I left them on earth. Peter's mouth is my mouth, his tongue is my key case, his keys are my keys. They are an office. They are a power, a command given by God through Christ to all of Christendom for the retaining and remitting of the sins of men.'

- Martin Luther, 1530 AD, after he left the Church

I am appalled and totally besides myself. I have never witnessed such a spectacle of pure idolatry in my entire life. One might actually suppose that Christ Himself had returned in the personage of the Catholic Pope. Christians should be ashamed of themselves for worshipping a mere man in such a fashion. He is a THIEF!!

The Catholic Pope has stolen God's name. He is called the "Holy Father". Disgraceful blasphemy! "Our Father which art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy name." The word "hallowed" means "holy". It is the heavenly Father who's name is hallowed or holy - not the Catholic Pope's name.

The Catholic Pope declares himself to be the Vicar of Christ. Disgraceful blasphemy! When Christ departed following His death, burial, and resurrection, He sent the Comforter or Holy Spirit as His replacement

Joh_16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Joh_14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

There's not a mention anywhere of any man taking over as 'vicar" or as the replacement on earth for the Christ.
Evidently style matters more than substance for some people. By some people I mean you.

Let's talk about the ROCK.

Deu_32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

2Sa_22:47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
2Sa_22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?
2Sa_22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
2Sa_22:2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

Psa_18:31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
Psa_18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psa_28:1 A Psalm of David. Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

There are plenty more.

The Greek word for rock is a matter of debate even reformers like Martin Luther said:

"Why are you searching heavenward in search of my keys? Do you not understand, Jesus said, 'I gave them to Peter. They are indeed the keys of heaven, but they are not found in heaven for I left them on earth. Peter's mouth is my mouth, his tongue is my key case, his keys are my keys. They are an office. They are a power, a command given by God through Christ to all of Christendom for the retaining and remitting of the sins of men.'

- Martin Luther, 1530 AD, after he left the Church

Great, now tell me where that is found in the Bible.

I am appalled and totally besides myself. I have never witnessed such a spectacle of pure idolatry in my entire life. One might actually suppose that Christ Himself had returned in the personage of the Catholic Pope. Christians should be ashamed of themselves for worshipping a mere man in such a fashion. He is a THIEF!!

The Catholic Pope has stolen God's name. He is called the "Holy Father". Disgraceful blasphemy! "Our Father which art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy name." The word "hallowed" means "holy". It is the heavenly Father who's name is hallowed or holy - not the Catholic Pope's name.

The Catholic Pope declares himself to be the Vicar of Christ. Disgraceful blasphemy! When Christ departed following His death, burial, and resurrection, He sent the Comforter or Holy Spirit as His replacement

Joh_16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Joh_14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

There's not a mention anywhere of any man taking over as 'vicar" or as the replacement on earth for the Christ.
Evidently style matters more than substance for some people. By some people I mean you.

No real argument though, right?

Here's an argument. Literalist retards can't interpret Biblical metaphors because they don't know what metaphors are.

This is as ridiculous as it is ignorant.

Indeed? What part of it do you find untrue?
None of it is true.

You also exhibit a comprehensive ignorance of the Pope's mission, the meaning of the papacy, and Catholic doctrine and dogma in general.

Consequently your post is appropriately subject to ridicule.

Deu_32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

2Sa_22:47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
2Sa_22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Psa_18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psa_28:1 A Psalm of David. Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

There are plenty more.

The Greek text is a translation of Jesus' words, which were actually spoken in Aramaic. Aramaic only had one word for rock, kephas (which is why Peter is often called Cephas in the Bible). The word Kephas in Aramaic means "huge rock." The Aramaic word for "little stone" is "evna," and Peter was not called "Evna" or "Envas" or anything like that. In Aramaic, Jesus said "You are Peter (Kephas) and upon this rock (kephas) I will build my Church." The metaphor worked well in Aramaic where nouns are neither feminine or masculine, but in Greek, the noun "rock" was feminine, and therefore unsuitable as a name for Peter. So the Aramaic word Kephas was translated to the masculine name Petros when it referred to Peter, and to the feminine noun petra when it referred to the rock. In ancient Koine Greek, petra and petros were total synonyms, unlike modern Attic Greek and unlike Ionic Greek which was about 400 year before Christ.

Here's an argument. Literalist retards can't interpret Biblical metaphors because they don't know what metaphors are.

That's just an attack without any substance to back anything at all under discussion up.

None of it is true.

You also exhibit a comprehensive ignorance of the Pope's mission, the meaning of the papacy, and Catholic doctrine and dogma in general.

All of it is true. Just do a search on vicar for instance.

That's just an attack without any substance to back anything at all under discussion up.
And I'm saying your interpretation of scripture is wrong. I'm saying that you don't actually know any scripture, let alone be able to interpret it.

The Bible doesn't even vaguely refer to any rapture of any kind, a complete fantasy based on nothing. But there it is any way.

None of it is true.

All of it is true. Just do a search on vicar for instance.
Maybe you're just waiting to ascend to planet Kolob.

There are plenty more.

The Greek text is a translation of Jesus' words, which were actually spoken in Aramaic. Aramaic only had one word for rock, kephas (which is why Peter is often called Cephas in the Bible). The word Kephas in Aramaic means "huge rock." The Aramaic word for "little stone" is "evna," and Peter was not called "Evna" or "Envas" or anything like that. In Aramaic, Jesus said "You are Peter (Kephas) and upon this rock (kephas) I will build my Church." The metaphor worked well in Aramaic where nouns are neither feminine or masculine, but in Greek, the noun "rock" was feminine, and therefore unsuitable as a name for Peter. So the Aramaic word Kephas was translated to the masculine name Petros when it referred to Peter, and to the feminine noun petra when it referred to the rock. In ancient Koine Greek, petra and petros were total synonyms, unlike modern Attic Greek and unlike Ionic Greek which was about 400 year before Christ.

So you claim that Christ, who is the cornerstone of the church was a cornerstone laid upon the foundation of the rock "Peter"? You are further claiming that Peter is the head of the church and Christ is not the head of the church.

Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Eph_5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Christ - not Peter.

Forum List

Back