The Palestinian Reaction

It is you who has no grip on reality as Judaism and Islam have so much in common and easily could live in peaceful coexistence.

Really? Why don't we start by permitting immediate equality on the Temple Mount / Al-Haram Al-Sharif?

They used to have freedom and Pilgrims would visit the mount on a regular basis. Then came the crusades. After that the jews had sporadic use of the mount and wall.
In the early 1800's, jews were again encouraged by the ottomans to return and pray at the wall. They also visited the mount.
This "panic" of the jews going near the wall or mount is a modern palestinians thing. Jews and christians used to pray in the mosques during the most of Mohammed's time as a prophet, till the wars.

Isn´t the Temple Mount one of the most important locations to all three world religions?
The Temple Mount is where the original Synagogue (Jewish Temple) was situated. It was destroyed twice. This was the most important location of Judaism in the world. The Moslems built their Mosque (the second most important place after Mekka for Muslems) on that site and now the only thing left of the original synagogue (Jewish Temple) is the 'Wailing Wall' (die Klagemauer)
, down below on one side. I don't know if it is an important site to Christians.

Last edited:
It is you who has no grip on reality as Judaism and Islam have so much in common and easily could live in peaceful coexistence.

Really? Why don't we start by permitting immediate equality on the Temple Mount / Al-Haram Al-Sharif?
Isn´t the Temple Mount one of the most important locations to all three world religions?

It has significance to a number of peoples and religious faiths for different reasons, so yes, it is important. Don't you think there should be equality there?

The Temple Mount is where the original Synagogue (Jewish Temple) was situated. It was destroyed twice. This was the most important location of Judaism in the world. The Moslems built their Mosque (the second most important place after Mekka for Muslems) on that site and now the only thing left of the original synagogue (Jewish Temple) is the 'Wailing Wall' (die Klagemauer)
, down below on one side. I don't know if it is an important site to Christians.

It is still the most important place of Judaism in the world. The Temple building is not what makes it important and can be rebuilt. (No, before you ask it should NOT be rebuilt in a way that interferes with the Islamic shrines there).

It is still the most important place of Judaism in the world. The Temple building is not what makes it important and can be rebuilt. (No, before you ask it should NOT be rebuilt in a way that interferes with the Islamic shrines there).

Yes but what about those Zionists building their wailing wall around the Al Aqsa Mosque to steal "Palestinian land." Heh Heh!

Remember, that Christianity and Judaism share the Old Testament and that whole crusades for the holy land were waged. Christianity is even named after the king of the Jews, even though the Jews don´t consider Jesus the Messiah.

Facts: 1. The Israelite's were there long before any Muslims, let alone Muslim Palestinian squatters.
2. All land belongs to whoever rules it at any given period of time. This has been true throughout all of history all over this earth.
3. If the Palestinians can ever accept this, then genuine peace can be a reality.

Remember, that Christianity and Judaism share the Old Testament ...

In my opinion, it is incorrect to say that Christianity and Judaism share the Old Testament. The Jewish people have a collection of ancient writings recording myths, histories, codifications of law and religious beliefs. It is a large and extremely complex body of work.

The Christians usurped a portion of this large body of work, added an entirely different world view and a number of new ideas, mistranslated some sections, threw out some sections, added some sections, rearranged sections. They declared the Jewish original to be incorrect, corrupt, incomplete or intentionally misleading.

So I think it goes too far to say we share a book, let alone naming that "shared" book the "Old Testament".

Remember, that Christianity and Judaism share the Old Testament ...

In my opinion, it is incorrect to say that Christianity and Judaism share the Old Testament. The Jewish people have a collection of ancient writings recording myths, histories, codifications of law and religious beliefs. It is a large and extremely complex body of work.

The Christians usurped a portion of this large body of work, added an entirely different world view and a number of new ideas, mistranslated some sections, threw out some sections, added some sections, rearranged sections. They declared the Jewish original to be incorrect, corrupt, incomplete or intentionally misleading.

So I think it goes too far to say we share a book, let alone naming that "shared" book the "Old Testament".
So they did with the books of the New Testament. We talk about two religions in the end. All of the Old Testament is Jewish, though. So was Jesus.

Mount has been important since the time of Abraham.

The Old Testament is a Christian work. The Jewish work is something else entirely.
What the hell are you talking about?! The Old Testament is fundamentally the book of the Jews. Christianity itself is not a free-standing philosophy. The majority of what you attribute Jesus to have said was already established before Jesus was born: "Do unto others ... " for example is not a Christian revelation. It is in the Torah. Get an education before you spout off your nonsense, because this forum is chock-a-block with Americans who are too lazy to look it up and too prejudiced not to suck it up like a sponge, and they'll go forth and spread your disinformation as though it were 'enlightened truth'.

Mount has been important since the time of Abraham.

Before that if one considers even ha-shetiyah.

>>
As the navel is set in the centre of the human body,
so is the land of Israel the navel of the world...
situated in the centre of the world,
and Jerusalem in the centre of the land of Israel,
and the sanctuary in the centre of Jerusalem,
and the holy place in the centre of the sanctuary,
and the ark in the centre of the holy place,
and the Foundation Stone before the holy place,
because from it the world was founded.<<

The Old Testament is a Christian work. The Jewish work is something else entirely.
What the hell are you talking about?! The Old Testament is fundamentally the book of the Jews. Christianity itself is not a free-standing philosophy. The majority of what you attribute Jesus to have said was already established before Jesus was born: "Do unto others ... " for example is not a Christian revelation. It is in the Torah. Get an education before you spout off your nonsense, because this forum is chock-a-block with Americans who are too lazy to look it up and too prejudiced not to suck it up like a sponge, and they'll go forth and spread your disinformation as though it were 'enlightened truth'.

I fear you misunderstand.

I am not Christian.

My education IS in the Torah.

I fear you misunderstand.

I am not Christian.

My education IS in the Torah.
I didn't misunderstand anything at all. I didn't even speculate on what your religion might be, nor do I care. The point stands: the first 5 books of Moses make up the Old Testament.

Forum List

Back