The DNC attack on Limbaugh may backfire.

The DNC has put out an add regarding Rush Limbaugh the conservative radio talk host. Apparently they have Limbaugh on the radio program stating that "he hopes Obama fails". Of course this statement was taken out of context--& made to look like Limbaugh is stating that he wants this economy to fail.

Some of Limbaugh's comments to the conservative summit, over this weekend, was aired over & over again this morning on CNN. He stated: That Obama is one of the most gifted politicians that he has ever known, but states he is leading this country in the wrong direction: He specifically sites that democrats are keeping people in poverty-by breaking up the family unit--through un-married women having babies--the father takes off--leaving the government to be the dad.

Personally, I could not agree more: My daughter is a nurse practitioner working with infants in our local hospital. The horror stories she tells me about some of these women--who choze to give birth & keep the baby to raise. She states that typically the father is no where to be found. Also that many of these babies test positive for drugs in their system. Social services comes in & takes over care of the new-born only to be released later to the same mother. Another 1 year later the same mother is in there again having another baby--& still no father around. Why? They get a government check for the babies they have. The victim in all of this is of course the infant--that was never really wanted in the first place & is typically neglected or abused. They grow up & start the cycle all over again.

We also just witnessed a single mother who already had six children & then another 8. It cost the State of California 2 million dollars in tax payer funds just to pay for the birth of the additional 8, not counting the additional money required to care for these delicate infants. That has yet to be determined, as all are still under hospital care.

At any rate--Limbaugh's explanation of this hit home base with millions of Americans--& I feel the more the left target him, the more free advertising he gets.

Your thoughts?

You are totally right on... This is free advertising for him... The bad thing for liberals is that once people see this ad they are going to tune him in... And once he starts making sense to them he is going to get more followers than ever before...

What liberals don't understand is that the conservative point of view doesn't have to disguised as something else... For example, The fairness doctrine... it sounds like that is what everyone should be for, Fairness... however once people learn the truth, that it's only being brought back because liberals want to kill the opposition's point of view and shut down freedom of speech people will be against it...

If you look at any liberal point of view it is an emotional view... but once you put common sense to it, there point of views get blown out of the water...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The DNC has put out an add regarding Rush Limbaugh the conservative radio talk host. Apparently they have Limbaugh on the radio program stating that "he hopes Obama fails". Of course this statement was taken out of context--& made to look like Limbaugh is stating that he wants this economy to fail.

Some of Limbaugh's comments to the conservative summit, over this weekend, was aired over & over again this morning on CNN. He stated: That Obama is one of the most gifted politicians that he has ever known, but states he is leading this country in the wrong direction: He specifically sites that democrats are keeping people in poverty-by breaking up the family unit--through un-married women having babies--the father takes off--leaving the government to be the dad.

Personally, I could not agree more: My daughter is a nurse practitioner working with infants in our local hospital. The horror stories she tells me about some of these women--who choze to give birth & keep the baby to raise. She states that typically the father is no where to be found. Also that many of these babies test positive for drugs in their system. Social services comes in & takes over care of the new-born only to be released later to the same mother. Another 1 year later the same mother is in there again having another baby--& still no father around. Why? They get a government check for the babies they have. The victim in all of this is of course the infant--that was never really wanted in the first place & is typically neglected or abused. They grow up & start the cycle all over again.

We also just witnessed a single mother who already had six children & then another 8. It cost the State of California 2 million dollars in tax payer funds just to pay for the birth of the additional 8, not counting the additional money required to care for these delicate infants. That has yet to be determined, as all are still under hospital care.

At any rate--Limbaugh's explanation of this hit home base with millions of Americans--& I feel the more the left target him, the more free advertising he gets.

Your thoughts?

Welfare is suppose to be a stepping stone for people when they experience rough times and need a helping hand. Unfortunately, it's broken and is now treated like a career path by a majority of people and this mindset is handed down from generation to generation. When are people like this going to start being responsible for themselves? As long as uncle is there to bail them out regardless? Never.

OMG, the lies and the coughing and what he was saying? I want to punch that fat prick in the face.

How many oxy cotton's do you think he was on? He makes me sick.

The new Laura & Hardy could be Ann Coulter & Rush Limbaugh.

How come the only thing that makes Repulicans laugh and cheer are mean spirited remarks?

I love it that the GOP has lost an entire generation. No 20 something year old relates to this current Republican party.

All the GOP is doing is holding on to it's base, the racist whites down south.

One can be an asshole while still saying some truth. Rush is an asshole but he doesn't always lie either. The problem with BOTH conservatives and liberals is that the messenger is more important than the message, which is plain stupidity on both sides.

Oreo asks:

Your thoughts?

I think that, based on nothing more than who starts threads about Rush and how much the left supposedly hates him, that you WISH the left cared more about Rush than it really does.

Believe me, when lefties congregate Rush Limbough is never a topic of conversation.

He is as irrelevant to us as he is heroic to the righties.

Welfare is suppose to be a stepping stone for people when they experience rough times and need a helping hand.

I agree. Ideally that is exactly what it should be, a leg up, not a handout.

Unfortunately, it's broken and is now treated like a career path by a majority of people and this mindset is handed down from generation to generation.

This is where I disagree. Certainly, there are people who abuse the system, but that was largely ended when Clinton was president and welfare reform was passed.

When are people like this going to start being responsible for themselves? As long as uncle is there to bail them out regardless? Never.

The single greatest user of welfare in this country are single white mothers. If government invested in job training and educational programs and funded daycare so single mothers could go to school and to work, the investment would be a better one than perptual welfare.

It might also behoove us to teach safe sex.... regardles of the "moral" objections of the religious right, so perhaps there aren't so many single moms.

I think that, based on nothing more than who starts threads about Rush and how much the left supposedly hates him, that you WISH the left cared more about Rush than it really does.

Believe me, when lefties congregate Rush Limbough is never a topic of conversation.

He is as irrelevant to us as he is heroic to the righties.

Quite true.

He's relevant only insofar as he's the spokesperson for the republican "brand".

personally, i find it odd that they'd choose someone like him, but whatever floats their boat.

The Democratic party should not have addressed Limbaugh as it gives this media parasite apparent credibility. If the Republican party is looking to Limbaugh for guidance it must be bereft of ideas.

I have listened to the Rush Limbaugh show many times for many years (only station I receive at my work office) and he is nothing more than a bombastic entertainer.

Here's a theory designed to make some of you scratch your heads, I'll wager.

Perhaps the DNC realizes that Rush is devoid of ideas, but by targeting him, they make the Republican loyals respond in his defence.

Then the RNC has no choice but to give his outdated message of hate more credence than it deserves, thus making the Republican party even more alienated to most of us than it might otherwise be.

People like Rush drive thinking Republicans nuts, I'll wager.

Rush's message is one which, in the long run, doesn't serve the Republican party very well.

Just a theory, of course.

Perhaps the DNC realizes that Rush is devoid of ideas, but by targeting him, they make the Republican loyals respond in his defence.

Then the RNC has no choice but to give his outdated message of hate more credence than it deserves, thus making the Republican party even more alienated to most of us than it might otherwise be.

Rush's message is one which, in the long run, doesn't serve the Republican party very well.

Actually, as subversive as that is, it's very plausible ... congrats on thinking outside the box.

The Democratic party should not have addressed Limbaugh as it gives this media parasite apparent credibility. If the Republican party is looking to Limbaugh for guidance it must be bereft of ideas.

I have listened to the Rush Limbaugh show many times for many years (only station I receive at my work office) and he is nothing more than a bombastic entertainer.

His entire speech was bullshit/lies/spin.

The one thing I hope the Democrats learn from this Rush speech is that they can not stop fighting back.

Independents/moderates on this site want me to stop argueing and start working with the GOP. And I said, that's never gonna happen, because they won't allow it.

So while the Republicans are off "working with" the democrats, they have this big mouth on tv stirring up the masses.

So the party can say, "oh rush, he's just entertainment, he doesn't speak for us anyways".

BULLSHIT!!!!

So while the GOP keeps lying about us like Rush did this weekend, they can expect us to fight back.

But what the Dems would have done in the past is ignore Rush and Rush is VERY effective.

Gore ignored their lies, Kerry ignored them, and you see where it got both of them.

Exactly! Last thing we should do is just ignore him.

So we'll attack Rush and his kind while Pelosi, Reed and Obama fix the mess the GOP got us in.

But don't think for a second about working with Republicans. Not until they change. And apparently, after hearing Rush,.....they haven't changed at all.

Now for some Republican to reply to me another one of their lies and tell me that, "rush is just for entertainment".

Sorry. We are done believing your lies. We are also done believing that your truths are just jokes.

It's like the Republicans won't even pretend to try to change. They'd rather just stay on message and wait for the circumstances to change.

Oreo, please post where you got this. Is it the DNC or a left wing group that attacked limpdick on TV? There is a difference.

I love it, and I love Rush, and the MORE you commie liberals hate Rush, the MORE I like him... :lol:

Because us conservatives already know that in the arena of ideas and facts, you don't stand a chance in a debate against us. So when you act all indignant and upset at what Rush and Coulter are saying, that just shows that what Rush and Coulter are saying are hitting HOME with you, and you people can't stand it... AND I LOVE IT! :razz:

Last edited:
NOTHING galvanizes the DEMOCRATIC PARTY like a hatemongering notwit like Rush, folks.

He is, I think, a lynchpin in the good cop bad cop game that is played on us.

As is Sharpton, and that bunch.

I love it, and I love Rush, and the MORE you commie liberals hate Rush, the MORE I like him... :lol:

Because us conservatives already know that in the arena of ideas and facts, you don't stand a chance in a debate against us. So when you act all indignant and upset at what Rush and Coulter are saying, that just shows that what Rush and Coulter are saying are hitting HOME with you, and you people can't stand it... AND I LOVE IT! :razz:

This makes Editics theory more plausible ... damn I hate it when a right wingnut proves paranoia right.

NOTHING galvanizes the DEMOCRATIC PARTY like a hatemongering notwit like Rush, folks.

by your own admission you DUmmies are one gullible group.. tricked into voting for the war, and even after you discovered that trick you were tricked into funding it,, duped..

by your own admission you DUmmies are one gullible group.. tricked into voting for the war, and even after you discovered that trick you were tricked into funding it,, duped..

This is the only part I will address since I already addressed the rest in previous posts. However, once something like a war has started you have no choice but to fund it. Oh yeah, that would be great, with all the soldiers over there then suddenly pulling all funding to them ... that would just be irresponsible and pure evil.

Forum List

Back