The DNC attack on Limbaugh may backfire.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
The DNC has put out an add regarding Rush Limbaugh the conservative radio talk host. Apparently they have Limbaugh on the radio program stating that "he hopes Obama fails". Of course this statement was taken out of context--& made to look like Limbaugh is stating that he wants this economy to fail.

Some of Limbaugh's comments to the conservative summit, over this weekend, was aired over & over again this morning on CNN. He stated: That Obama is one of the most gifted politicians that he has ever known, but states he is leading this country in the wrong direction: He specifically sites that democrats are keeping people in poverty-by breaking up the family unit--through un-married women having babies--the father takes off--leaving the government to be the dad.

Personally, I could not agree more: My daughter is a nurse practitioner working with infants in our local hospital. The horror stories she tells me about some of these women--who choze to give birth & keep the baby to raise. She states that typically the father is no where to be found. Also that many of these babies test positive for drugs in their system. Social services comes in & takes over care of the new-born only to be released later to the same mother. Another 1 year later the same mother is in there again having another baby--& still no father around. Why? They get a government check for the babies they have. The victim in all of this is of course the infant--that was never really wanted in the first place & is typically neglected or abused. They grow up & start the cycle all over again.

We also just witnessed a single mother who already had six children & then another 8. It cost the State of California 2 million dollars in tax payer funds just to pay for the birth of the additional 8, not counting the additional money required to care for these delicate infants. That has yet to be determined, as all are still under hospital care.

At any rate--Limbaugh's explanation of this hit home base with millions of Americans--& I feel the more the left target him, the more free advertising he gets.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more with your post. I feel that the left is going after Limbaugh to establish a so called "legitimate" reason to try and silence him through the Fairness Doctrine", or by another method of "Localizing" radio. But I doubt it will fly, because most Americans will see that their trying step on the First Amendment.
If you listen to the man, he makes a lot of sense, and even some the left have come to agree with him more, and more. He does agitate some people, but that's part of his entertainment. Everytime I listen to him...he cracks me up at some point, with his arrogance, or satire.

Limbaugh is a satirist - and a most often bombastic one at that.

But at the foundation of that bombastic style is a sharp mind that knows well the failings of liberalism. His daily vocalism of those shortcomings, his ability to mock liberals so effectively, and with an audience of up to 20 million listeners daily, gives him as much or possibly more potential influence than any member of the elite leftist media.

He needs to lose some weight though - the stress on his ticker must be considerable.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Any Republican that listens to Limbaugh isn't worth his weight in gold. Any Democrat that listens to Limbaugh needs to be punched in the face for having nothing better to do.

Any Republican that listens to Limbaugh isn't worth his weight in gold. Any Democrat that listens to Limbaugh needs to be punched in the face for having nothing better to do.

Limbaugh can be arrogant, that's for sure. But he does make sense especially when it comes to the economy.

Millions of Americans are fairly ticked off over all these bail-outs & the recent so-called economic stimulus--that is loaded with ear-marks & wasteful spending that has nothing to do with stimulating the economy.

What is so funny though-- here is the DNC--in an off-election year-spending big bucks to attack an a.m. radio conservative talk show host!

This tells me that the DNC got millions of e-mails, phone calls & letters from angry constituents regarding all these bail-outs & they have become paranoid that their constituents have been listening a little too much to Rush Limbaugh.

The irony is--the more they attack--the more curiosity it rattles up. The more listeners will tune into to hear what Limbaugh has to say.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

And of course, you know this because of your extensive experience listening to him.

Oh wait, you havent listened to him? So who they hell cares about your opinion on something you've never heard?

I tried listening to him twice on the radio a few years ago. He made zero arguments and basically insulted liberals in a way no more sophisticated than the least sophisticated posters here. I was amazed anybody listened to him. I must admit that he was at his best the other night - many times better than before. I don't get why conservatives are so into him, in general, though. He has a really annoying voice. He advocated for tough punishments against drug abusers but it turned out he was a drug abuser himself. I don't get the appeal. Why would they want to be associated with such an annoying hypocrite? There's gotta be somebody better out there for the conservative cause.

I tried listening to him twice on the radio a few years ago. He made zero arguments and basically insulted liberals in a way no more sophisticated than the least sophisticated posters here. I was amazed anybody listened to him. I must admit that he was at his best the other night - many times better than before. I don't get why conservatives are so into him, in general, though. He has a really annoying voice. He advocated for tough punishments against drug abusers but it turned out he was a drug abuser himself. I don't get the appeal. Why would they want to be associated with such an annoying hypocrite? There's gotta be somebody better out there for the conservative cause.

What a surprise. Someone who doesnt listen to Rush presuming to tell us all about why he is wrong.

Do you guys even listen to yourself? "He's wrong. That's why I wont listen to what he says. Because I know he is wrong"

Its complete circular reasoning.

What a surprise. Someone who doesnt listen to Rush presuming to tell us all about why he is wrong.

Do you guys even listen to yourself? "He's wrong. That's why I wont listen to what he says. Because I know he is wrong"

Its complete circular reasoning.

Well it's a fact that he's a hypocrite about drugs. It is certainly possible he was not at his best when I listened to him those few times. I don't think I questioned his arguments per se (though he literally presented none when I was listening) so much as his charisma and character from a public perspective. You would think conservatives would want somebody with more of both to champion their cause.

Last edited:
Any Republican that actually follows what Rush says isn't even a conservative ... Rush is a hatemonger and nothing more.

That being said, the DNC fucked up.

a. Republicans can no longer say Rush is just for entertainment. His angry message sounds too much like the party message.

b. Rush said Republicans believe that we are all individuals. In other words, he wants to remove the safety nets. Republicans think that if America is going to be great, the government has to turn the other way when some people lose. Some have to lose if some are to win, right?

Great message rush.

Depends on who you are and what you believe.

a. Republicans can no longer say Rush is just for entertainment. His angry message sounds too much like the party message.

b. Rush said Republicans believe that we are all individuals. In other words, he wants to remove the safety nets. Republicans think that if America is going to be great, the government has to turn the other way when some people lose. Some have to lose if some are to win, right?

Great message rush.

how come you cannot take care of yourself and change your own diapers.

limbaugh's a jackass.

I agree, and a hypocrite.

I have a half mind to call up his radio show one of these days if possible and ask if he's going to throw his own fat ass in jail if his own comments mean anything to him.

great points oreo.

The republican party should hug Rush even tighter, and associate itself even more with him
I couldn't agree more. The GOP actually had him as their keynote speaker at their big yearly planning event over the weekend. It cracks me up to watch all this, it's like Rush is single-handedly destroying the Republican party.

What's not to like? I think I'll send him a letter of support.

Forum List

Back