Former high ranking military members put Trump's threat in context.

morons
back to saving links
1714181794153.png

Really. After Trump lost the 2020 election, top military brass was talking with Nancy Pelosi, ensuring her that they would act as a check against Trump launching nuclear weapons because he lost.
That was the perfect time for the top military brass to offer Pelosi the protection of the National Guard

nice try dumb ass, you simply prove pelosi, and now the generals failed to activate the national guard

Pelosi asks Joint Chiefs about preventing Trump from launching nukes

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi spoke with the nation’s top military officer on Friday about precautions in place to prevent President Donald Trump from ordering a nuclear strike or conducting other military hostilities as Democrats seek his removal from office.

Pelosi said she spoke to Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley about guardrails in place that could prevent “an unstable president” from wielding the military or the country’s nuclear arsenal.

Henry Kissinger did the same before Nixons resignation.

That was the perfect time for the top military brass to offer Pelosi the protection of the National Guard

nice try dumb ass, you simply prove pelosi, and now the generals failed to activate the national guard
The problem with that meme, is that by law, only the President, or through him, the Secretary of Defense can authorize use of the Washington DC, National Guard.

Just like the top brass can't order the use of nuclear weapons.

The problem with that meme, is that by law, only the President, or through him, the Secretary of Defense can authorize use of the Washington DC, National Guard.

Just like the top brass can't order the use of nuclear weapons.
Yes, only the Executive Branch, the President, can authorize the use of Washington D.C. National Guard.
The Executive Branch, the President also can not order the National Guard into the jurisdiction of the Legislative Branch, Congress.
The Legislative Branch, Congress has separate and equal powers that protects the Legislative Branch from the Executive Branch, the President.
The Legislative Branch, Congress by law, that they write, provides for their security, the protection of the Capitol Building, the Capitol Grounds.
The Legislative Branch must allow, or request, the National Guard.
The Legislative Branch can also refuse the National Guard

One reason is to prevent an insurrection by the President of the United States of America.

There are many documents, that I have been linking to, that spells this out. This is our government with thousands of rules, regulations, codes, laws, precedents, all written. It takes hours, days to read this stuff.

You can search this thread for my posts and see that I have begun to link and quote, from the government documents.

Yes, only the Executive Branch, the President, can authorize the use of Washington D.C. National Guard.
The Executive Branch, the President also can not order the National Guard into the jurisdiction of the Legislative Branch, Congress.
The Legislative Branch, Congress has separate and equal powers that protects the Legislative Branch from the Executive Branch, the President.
The Legislative Branch, Congress by law, that they write, provides for their security, the protection of the Capitol Building, the Capitol Grounds.
The Legislative Branch must allow, or request, the National Guard.
The Legislative Branch can also refuse the National Guard

One reason is to prevent an insurrection by the President of the United States of America.

There are many documents, that I have been linking to, that spells this out. This is our government with thousands of rules, regulations, codes, laws, precedents, all written. It takes hours, days to read this stuff.

You can search this thread for my posts and see that I have begun to link and quote, from the government documents.
The only control the legislative branch has over the DC National Guard is by legislation (change of the law)
They can't call out the guard, nor can they prevent the call out of the guard.
In short. Congress, by it's leadership or as a body, have no control over the DC National Guard at all.

The applicable:

Please note: What branch of government controls the National Guard?

The National Guard is a special part of the U.S. military that answers to both state governors and the president.

The applicable:

Please note: What branch of government controls the National Guard?

The National Guard is a special part of the U.S. military that answers to both state governors and the president.
The Legislative Branch has absolute Jurisdiction, control of the Capitol Building and Grounds. The President of the United States can not order the National Guard to step foot on those grounds without written authorization by the Legislative Branch, even during an emergency.

That seems like a pretty concise statement does it not? You did see that I have been going line by line through Deschler's Precedents.

I have linked to Jefferson's manual. What do you think comes next?

The Legislative Branch has absolute Jurisdiction, control of the Capitol Building and Grounds. The President of the United States can not order the National Guard to step foot on those grounds without written authorization by the Legislative Branch, even during an emergency.

That seems like a pretty concise statement does it not? You did see that I have been going line by line through Deschler's Precedents.

I have linked to Jefferson's manual. What do you think comes next?
That only applies while congress is "in session". The legislative branch operates independent of their location. No different than the president operates independent of the White House. Once congress recessed, they no longer held control of the capitol grounds.

That only applies while congress is "in session". The legislative branch operates independent of their location. No different than the president operates independent of the White House. Once congress recessed, they no longer held control of the capitol grounds.
you made that up

Common sense disagrees, there are always appointees in the Capitol building. Most likely out of the hundreds of members of congress, one or two are always in their office or on the grounds. There will always be staff members working on something.

And then of course their are all their papers, notes, computers.

But I get it, you are building a strawman, that somehow shows the president is responsible. But hey, go ahead and keep putting your foot in your mouth. I am enjoying it. I am just here thinking of a good name for a thread that is a reference to the law.

Nice try, the only mention of "guard" is of the coast guard, and safeguard, it makes no mention of the national guard.
Try again
That is because it is the Rules of the House, which defines who is in charge of the Security of the Legislative Branch of Government.

You wish to prove that the president can order the National Guard into the Capitol Building or Grounds without written permission, go ahead.

It is easier to find what is true, then to search for something that is false, because you will never find something as false

proof, where is your proof

Congress always has control of the capitol, it is in the law

The Legislative Branch has absolute Jurisdiction, control of the Capitol Building and Grounds.
That only applies while congress is "in session". The legislative branch operates independent of their location... ...Once congress recessed, they no longer held control of the capitol grounds.
proof, where is your proof
Congress always has control of the capitol, it is in the law
Nice try, the only mention of "guard" is of the coast guard, and safeguard, it makes no mention of the national guard.
Try again
Alright, I did, you linked to National Garden, not National Guard!
(c)National Garden

Forum List

Back